War Room Lounge V20: Halloween Awareness: Dispatches Blast Yo Ass from a Pumpkin Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jack V Savage

Here we see that CNN has gathered a panel of alleged Trump voters, all of whom are claiming to intend to vote for a straight Democratic ticket next month. Given that we have multiple independent polls showing ~90% support for Trump among registered Republicans, and given that we have no evidence of a mass exodus from the Republican Party, and given that this segment has not been juxtaposed with standard voter panels, would you agree that CNN has almost certainly painted an unrepresentative picture of the electorate?

All's I can see is a picture. Any panel of X voters is, by definition, an unrepresentative sample of the electorate. And while I think that Trump support among Republicans is a somewhat misleading metric (given that non-Trump-supporting Republicans are likely to leave the party), I'd expect the vast majority of people who voted for him in 2016 to again vote for him in 2020. I haven't been following it too closely, but last I saw, Democrats had like a 9-pt edge in generic midterm ballots overall, which suggests some switching but not a lot.

What other option would you prefer they take? Cut him? He is the best LHW, has wins over their current HW and LHW champ. He is a legitimate fighter that they have to keep or another organization will use him against him. Even with his positive test, he is still one of the best fighters on earth, there is no question about that.
Yes. He doesn't deserve the opurtinities he just squanders them and cheats

All YouTube services down world wide.

I'm predicting a mass purge is taking place.

0GbWkHq.gif

I really hope I'm wrong. But Facebook just purged a bunch of pages a few days ago as well.

All YouTube services down world wide.

I'm predicting a mass purge is taking place.

Good, it about time the global elites tell me what to think.

All's I can see is a picture.
I'm having some problems with Youtube as well. If you can access Youtube, it's one of the newest videos on CNN's channel.

Any panel of X voters is, by definition, an unrepresentative sample of the electorate.
Sure, but proper sampling techniques can eliminate a lot of bias. It seems clear that CNN deliberately selected an abnormal group of voters here, no?

And while I think that Trump support among Republicans is a somewhat misleading metric (given that non-Trump-supporting Republicans are likely to leave the party),

Right. Some of the voters here said they have changed registration to independent. That's why I also noted that there is no good evidence of a mass exodus of Republicans from their party.

I'd expect the vast majority of people who voted for him in 2016 to again vote for him in 2020.

That's the key point. My question is: three weeks before a major election, isn't CNN's presentation of a panel full of Trump voters who are claiming to have given up on Trump strong evidence of that network's bias against Trump?

I haven't been following it too closely, but last I saw, Democrats had like a 9-pt edge in generic midterm ballots overall, which suggests some switching but not a lot.

RCP Average is currently +7.2.

It need not suggest Trump voters switching in significant number.

My sources tell me you and @N13 are next on the list. We can't allow you people to run around spreading the word.
I feel pretty safe in the Temple of the Dawg.

This is the only place where I do my thing. You know the double life 5-D shit.

th

tumblr_p21qoh6RWs1vw4dc2o1_500.gif

I have a mission and a plan. LOL
th

Animated%20Pocket%20Watch%20GIF.gif
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Sure, but proper sampling techniques can eliminate a lot of bias. It seems clear that CNN deliberately selected an abnormal group of voters here, no?

Five of six are white, I notice. Don't know if it was deliberate. Don't know what the process was. Doesn't seem like it was presented as a representative style as much as like a focus group.

That's the key point. My question is: three weeks before a major election, isn't CNN's presentation of a panel full of Trump voters who are claiming to have given up on Trump strong evidence of that network's bias against Trump?

I think that would be extremely thin evidence of a network-wide bias against Trump. I don't think a good way to evaluate the lean is to look at a single event that you think could represent bias. Better to study it and to look at processes. In 2016, I thought that the deviation from normal ethical standards to air live, unedited footage of campaign rallies from only one candidate, the hiring of someone who had a nondisparagement agreement with one of the candidates to be a pundit, the replacing of the right-leaning pundits who were not pro-Trump with a pro-Trump slate, the disproportionate quoting of pro-Trump sources in news coverage (an MSM-wide issue), and the wildly disproportionate coverage of Clinton's relatively minor failure to follow proper State Department IT security protocols (an MSM-wide issue) all suggested pro-Trump bias (in impact if not intent--impossible to measure intent).

General note: I think it's clear that the right-wing political movement in America is primarily driven by a sense of grievance, and that the "liberal media" CT is a key to that grievance. So people take it as a deep attack on their personal identity when you point out flaws in the narrative. It's an interesting phenomenon.

RCP Average is currently +7.2.

It need not suggest Trump voters switching in significant number.

"Need not suggest" doesn't compute. It need not imply, but it does suggest.

That thread really rustled you, huh? Maybe stop repeatedly lying about what Warren did, and you won't get picked on so much.

Yeah, this is a poor framework for thinking about the point, and of course I didn't lie about anything. I believe that the opposition to "cultural appropriation" (a silly concept) is expressed in bad faith, and seeing the defenses of racial quotas was, too. Startlingly so. It will be interesting to see if these new positions are held consistently.

I think that would be extremely thin evidence of a network-wide bias against Trump. I don't think a good way to evaluate the lean is to look at a single event that you think could represent bias.

I didn't argue that this voter panel alone proves CNN network-wide bias against Trump. My claim is that the choice of such a panel at this particular time is highly suggestive of anti-Trump bias on the part of Camerota and/or her program's producers. Furthermore, given my experience with extensive viewing of CNN's programs over the past two years, I can state confidently that it is highly unlikely that Camerota will balance this segment with a similarly weird demographic cutting the opposite direction (e.g., strong supporters of Clinton in 2016 who have since decided that Trump is a great president).

Yeah, this is a poor framework for thinking about the point, and of course I didn't lie about anything.

Oh', but you did, in just about every post you made. Now you're running in here for support from your little crew.

Poor form, Jackie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back