Social Cannabis Legalized in Canada: Nation-Wide Shortage For Years To Come As Demand Overwhelms Supply

RIopO6i.jpg

I don't even know what NOLA is? One of my guilty pleasures is to drink in line while checkign into hotel in vegas- bliss.

New Orleans. We have no open container laws like Vegas. It's kind of like Vegas but actually has culture outside of degenerate gamblers.

And of course Ontario is woefully unprepared, and dragging it's heels.

Can't even buy it in brick and mortar stores until April. Online only. Ridiculous.

Anyways, the fight between retail and the black market shall be fun.
Here's hoping for a good ol' fashioned price war.

New Orleans. We have no open container laws like Vegas. It's kind of like Vegas but actually has culture outside of degenerate gamblers.

I was there like 10 years ago. Had fun, but haven't been back as vegas has become our regular no kids vacation.

I used to work for the lcbo. They throw away bottles you return. It's a policy to ensure no tampering has occurred. Full unopened bottles right in the toilet. that blew my mind.

I returned over $2000 worth of beer and wine to the LCBO about 2 years ago and the young woman working told me they usually have to dispose of it like you mentioned.

I kinda felt bad, but not bad enough to keep it.

It's probably going to be like Blood-Alcohol Content and DUI laws.

The government use researches and studies to determine what the threshhold is before a lightweight is affected, and pass a law to require all drivers of all shapes and sizes to be under it, just to be safe for everyone else on the road.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who are capable of driving after one (or two, or three) beer, but that's NEVER a valid excuse in court if you're ever busted with BAC higher than what the local state law mandates, despite some people being busted for DUI will undoubtedly claim DUI laws are arbitrary, unfair, and "does not apply to them". The judge will then laugh and throw the book at them for being an idiot, for the law is the law and applies to all drivers equally.

California has one of the strictest DUI laws that sets BAC at 0.08%. That means a lightweight can ends up in handcuffs if driving after a single shot of anything 80-proof. I bet some Canadian provinces will have a mandate so strict, it would be wise to put the car keys down once you got one hit of anything.

That being said, the real problem that law enforcement (and justice system) in Canada is going to face is actually not the squabble over each individual's tolerance, but the technology currently used to detect THC in suspected DUI drivers is not universally accepted as accurate by experts in the field, and could potentially doesn't even function properly in cold weather. That's what gonna be play out in court for years to come, until a better tech arrives.
.08 is the standard in Canada. And the feds have already adopted a roadside screening device, only BC has opted out to my knowledge.

The big test is going to be the charter challenges over Road side screenings, because of how long it will take to produce a result.

And of course Ontario is woefully unprepared, and dragging it's heels.

Can't even buy it in brick and mortar stores until April. Online only. Ridiculous.

Anyways, the fight between retail and the black market shall be fun.
You should file that under "sucks to be you". I'm headed to the store in a little while.
Oh' yeah, I hear ya on that front. Its frustrating as hell. I'll never get the folks who treat it so sacredly, like its their girlfriend. Even when I was a stoner, I'd get into arguments with other stoners all the time. Specifically about its addictive qualities. You'd have them breaking down all the technicalities of it not being chemically addictive, and making excuses for their habit, all while having a bong all but surgically implanted in their face, and desperately calling dealers to get more when they're running out, because they can't function without it.
I hear you, but I draw a pretty sharp distinction between dependence upon weed and real addiction, like to alcohol or tobacco.

Are you fucking serious? I couldn't deal with that hell. I mean, you couldn't have a BevMo? That place is a booze paradise.

I love that I can go to a gas station and get cheap beer at any hour.

If I lived in Ontario I would go to another province and buy thousands of dollars worth of beer and booze and stock up for the week.
i think some guy did this and got in trouble

No retail sales in Ontario until April either. WebWeed only.

Nunavut will have to order online through tweed's website. I quickly looked and their cheapest, Lemon Skunk Bud, is $16.99 per 1g with $9.00 shipping

And the news outlets like CTV and CBC did research to show the prices in each Province and Territory.
I'm not 100% sure, but someone from another Province cannot order from another Province? Obviously when traveling can have their local stuff but lets say you want to order from NL or BC or AB, would that be restricted?

i think some guy did this and got in trouble

you are correct, here is the article:

'Makes no sense': New Brunswick man loses his 'free-the-beer' fight

After a five-year legal battle, a New Brunswick man has lost his bid to be able to stock up on cheap beer in neighbouring Quebec.

But the provincial government is hinting it will look at easing limits on interprovincial alcohol.

The Supreme Court of Canada unanimously ruled Thursday that Canadians do not have a constitutional right to buy and transport alcohol across provincial borders without impediments.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/supreme-court-free-the-beer-nb-gerard-comeau-1.4626217

What is the limit you would be allowed to have in your house at one time of "dried flower"? I kno you're allowed to carry an oz, just not sure what you can have at home considering you're allowed to grow up to 4 plants.

Oh' yeah, I hear ya on that front. Its frustrating as hell. I'll never get the folks who treat it so sacredly, like its their girlfriend. Even when I was a stoner, I'd get into arguments with other stoners all the time. Specifically about its addictive qualities. You'd have them breaking down all the technicalities of it not being chemically addictive, and making excuses for their habit, all while having a bong all but surgically implanted in their face, and desperately calling dealers to get more when they're running out, because they can't function without it.

Man I have a buddy like this I grew up with it's kind of sad but also I don't feel sorry for him at all. No motivation or ambition to do better, always lived at someone's parents house whether it be gf or friend never had his own place, always broke smokes anywhere from an 8th to a quarter a day.

He is literally what I would imagine a PSA about the dangers of weed would be like. There is definitely big difference between someone who smokes and someone who worships the fucking shit people like that rattle my cage.

Nunavut will have to order online through tweed's website. I quickly looked and their cheapest, Lemon Skunk Bud, is $16.99 per 1g with $9.00 shipping

And the news outlets like CTV and CBC did research to show the prices in each Province and Territory.
I'm not 100% sure, but someone from another Province cannot order from another Province? Obviously when traveling can have their local stuff but lets say you want to order from NL or BC or AB, would that be restricted?
Everything is more expensive in Nunavut. All has to flown in. In 2000 a jug of milk was 10 bucks.

Everything is more expensive in Nunavut. All has to flown in. In 2000 a jug of milk was 10 bucks.

This is true, it cost like $5 for a frozen Minute Made Orange Juice. And that's just in Iqaluit, it gets even more ridiculous the further north you go.

I figured that they would sell at the same southern price excluding the shipping.

Back