Why McGregor will never be an MMA great.

Conor has won 2 belts. The Mendes champion of the world doesn't mean squat to anybody.

He won 2 belts in cage warriors, you don't win 4 belts in 2 orgs by accident/being a bum like his haters try to claim.

He won 2 belts in cage warriors, you don't win 4 belts in 2 orgs by accident/being a bum like his haters try to claim.
otrl599sgc7jd6u2sknx_400x400.jpeg

C'mon son. Belts in random orgs aren't a measuring stick of anything. If you said Bellator, Strikeforce, PRIDE, WEC or something, sure, but Cage Warriors? Be real.

Conor looked like death at 145lbs, he couldn’t make that weight again.

Khabib struggles a bit to make 155lbs but would be a bit undersized at 170lbs.

They are both lightweight but with such big jumps in weight between a weight classes there will be size differences.

There wasn’t really even a weight class between them, maybe half a weight class.

The Fedor vs Hendo thing is even more stupid I’ll give you that. Hendo has most recently been fighting at 205, held gold most recently at 205 and Fedor is really the size of a smaller 205er. There was about 10lbs between them which is again about half a weight class at the higher weights.

Also Considering Hendo beat Nog (still usually considered 2nd or 3rd beat Hw) bad decision or not I don’t get the great shame in losing to a fellow HOFer, people get tagged at Hw, Overeem is loving proof that 1 punch changes a fight at that size!

Says Conor isn't a 145er, because he looks like death and can't make that weight again despite making it every time. Meanwhile Khabib is literally half dead in the hospital. LOL

Excuse me for not even reading the other nonsense.

Dumb thread. He's already an all-timer. The fact you're already trying to find a caveat to remove him from the pantheon makes it self-evident.

why is he an all timer? seriously

he's never defended a belt, and was given opportunities noone else ever had before. he's shit on the ground and has no cardio, so half the time he looks like a complete noob out there, jogging to get away from his opponent.

seriously man, why do you say he's an all timer?

He doesn't give a fook. The guy is worth $100 million.

he's never defended a belt, and was given opportunities noone else ever had before. he's shit on the ground and has no cardio, so half the time he looks like a complete noob out there, jogging to get away from his opponent.

Because he's the only fighter in the UFC to ever hold 2 belts at the same time. Not to mention he demolished both opponents in those fights, taking out the p4p #1 fighter in 13 seconds.

Hate on him all you want, you can't erase what he's done.

He's the best selling UFC fighter of all time. He starched an all-time great in 12 seconds. He's won the belt in two divisions. He's put on some of the most mesmerizing displays in the history of the sport.

The "shit on the ground" thing is a trope. He defended himself well against Mendez and Khabib relative to other fighters. He took down and controlled the current FW champ to a UD. His cardio is fine. It's not great, but its inferiority is another overblown narrative from the 1st Diaz fight. Cage fighting is tiring and few fighters have elite cardio. Many fighters with elite cardio never established a legacy of note. Conor is by far the most well-known MMA fighter of all time and has won at the highest level in dramatic, amazing fashion. That's why he's an all-timer.

Many all-time greats have flaws in their game. Fedor barely knew how to throw a straight punch. GSP didn't finish a fight for years. Anderson got popped. JBJ got popped. BJ Penn couldn't breathe after the 1st round. DC lost his two biggest fights. Hughes was one-dimensional. Chuck - literally a poor man's McGregor. Big Nog made a career on getting punched in the face until he submitted you. Can go on all day.

He's the best selling UFC fighter of all time. He starched an all-time great in 12 seconds. He's won the belt in two divisions. He's put on some of the most mesmerizing displays in the history of the sport.

The "shit on the ground" thing is a trope. He defended himself well against Mendez and Khabib relative to other fighters. He took down and controlled the current FW champ to a UD. His cardio is fine. It's not great, but its inferiority is another overblown narrative from the 1st Diaz fight. Cage fighting is tiring and few fighters have elite cardio. Many fighters with elite cardio never established a legacy of note. Conor is by far the most well-known MMA fighter of all time and has won at the highest level in dramatic, amazing fashion. That's why he's an all-timer.

Many all-time greats have flaws in their game. Fedor barely knew how to throw a straight punch. GSP didn't finish a fight for years. Anderson got popped. JBJ got popped. BJ Penn couldn't breathe after the 1st round. DC lost his two biggest fights. Hughes was one-dimensional. Chuck - literally a poor man's McGregor. Big Nog made a career on getting punched in the face until he submitted you. Can go on all day.

this is weak and im not gonna go through all the reasons why. heres a few

not 12, 13 seconds, ask the man himself
mendes had him down in 5 seconds. literally took 5 seconds. mendes was tearing his face up with elbows, so i dunno, perhaps use another fight as an example?

his cardio isnt fine at all. hes a tiny man and he has cardio like dada 5000. ive never seen someone literally flee their opponent, as in, turn their back and literally run away, because they were gassing out so bad. ive never seen this happen in a single other fight.

you can listen to his own comments on his cardio problems after the floyd fight, this is no secret. you are trying to defend him here and he admits himself that he has a problem.

fame doesnt make him an all time great mma fighter, it makes him...famous.

going back to mma prehistory to talk shit about chuck and nog is fucking lame, it was a very young sport back then and at least they didnt gas out in 1 round, right?

his legacy is totally mediocre, and once the cult of personality dies down people will remember him as privileged trash

MMA greats are defined/remembered by their title defenses, IMO.

Having to fight the top contenders consistently.

Says Conor isn't a 145er, because he looks like death and can't make that weight again despite making it every time. Meanwhile Khabib is literally half dead in the hospital. LOL

So maybe a weight class apart and not half a weight class apart. Let’s not get upset over 5lbs, they aren’t two weight classes apart by any stretch of the imagination

Can you read this?

maxresdefault.jpg

Wait..what?
Conor got fucked up by an undefeated mauler named Khabib.
Conor is NOT as good as Khabib. Period. End of story.
I dont think conor has ever been defeated in recent memory.
then mendez fight?
Conor defended like absolute ass vs Mendes.
He did better in the Khabib fight in defending. And yes, he is pretty shit on the ground.
I think all of his losses have been to almost the EXACT SAME METHOD of a rear naked choke.
I could maybe give a pass for Khabib and Diaz , because they are gods on the ground but the scrubs that beat him did the same shit.

Anderson silva could be considered a great over conor because silva has not only KOd people in dramatic fashion, but hes also SUBMITTED high level grapples.
When was the last time conor submitted ANYBODY lol

I love how you try and diminish the accomplishments of EVERYONE but dick ride conor like hes some fucking god....

Oh..btw when was the last time conor....are you ready?

DEFENDED THE BELT????

Actually, when asked, most fighters won't cite money as the "thing that really matters". I wish they would - they'd all be in better spots if they did, but to your point. No. On both counts.

MMA greats (especially the ones listed here) have legacies as champions. I've said this before, but what is Conor's CHampionship Legacy? Some will say "Two division title holder", most will say "never defended a single title in any organization". THAT will be his legacy. My guess is, if nothing changes and Conor goes off to pursue other ventures, history will remember him as a strange "flash-in-the-pan". A weird anomaly that appeared quickly, did some unusual things, and dropped away just as fast.

His road through the UFC was littered with favorable match-ups, as well as being gifted the ability to pick and chose his battles. People will say "He beat Holloway", and yeah he did. It was a great performance (with a severe injury no less), but it was against a 19 year old kid with comparatively little experience. He legit beat Aldo, and this is one of the few times he lived up to his own hype. The rest of it? Not so much. Almost every other fight he was in against a smaller man (and had a considerable reach advantage) who's style was a favorable match up for him. Even his fight against Nate was engineered so that he had nothing to lose. If Conor beats Nate, "Wow! Nate is HUGE compared to Conor and he STILL beat him!", and of course if he takes an "L", "Man! Nate is so much bigger. Conor is such a warrior!". So it didn't matter. It wouldn't effect his rankings in his own division.

Poor Eddie Alvarez was already mostly used up by the time he faced Conor (too many straight up wars with Chandler before he even got to the UFC), and don't even get me started on Dennis Siver. No, Conor will likely not be remembered as a true "great" in the same sense as guys like Randy, GSP, or SIlva - I think it's more likely he'll be remembered as a more successful version of Chael - a guy who was extremely smart and careful with his career, and talked his way into a lot of money. Nothing more, noting less, but NOT an all-time great.

Dont make excuses for Alvarez...he was stupid. He should have taken conor down MUCH earlier in the fight.
He said what his own blueprint is and didnt even follow it himself. He could have avoided getting TKOd.

That's one fight. Conor didn't plan a quick retirement after that fight and start calling himself the Floyd of MMA without fighting at his natural weight like Khabib is doing.

Khabib's worse than a PED cheat IMO as he is calling himself the GOAT basically while weight cheating to duck Woodley and gain a size and grapple advantage

No, Khabib beat conors ass and youre mad about it.
Youre pushing this dumbass narrative of Woodley for some fucking reason when..im not sure when..has Khabib ever even fought in that weight class?

Remind me who has beaten khabib?

We are talking about GOAT man. The only stats that matter for that status is title bout win.

GSP=13
Johnson = 12
Silva =11
Jone = 10
Hughes and Couture =9

Khabib as 2. He need 4 others title bout win to be in the top 10. I'm not saying he wont get there, but he is not there yet !

But to be in the top 5, he need 7 other title bout win, he is probably never get there !

So if you talk about GOAT and write 4 or 5 names, he is not suppose to come up !

Back