Why McGregor will never be an MMA great.

He never owned a division for years like the true greats. They cleared their divisions and racked up multiple title defenses.

It's like getting together with a group of people to play checkers and saying the winner always stays at the checkers board. After many games and some people staying at the board for a while Conor wins and promptly leaves.

"WAIT let's play again"

Sorry Aldo what's that gotta go - tires squeel

"Did that son of a bitch take the checker pieces with him?"

View media item 27583

This is mixed martial arts people. You can't be a great, goat or a legend without being well rounded in all areas. All of these fighters, who are frequently mentioned as all-time greats are good with their hands and also solid on the ground.

- Jon Jones
- GSP
- Anderson Silva
- Fedor
- Khabib

McGregor is a one-dimensional boxer and as Khabib has proven, Conor's even over-rated in that area.
He's made the most money, that's all that really matters to the fighters, so he is the GOAT to his fellow fighters.

He's made the most money, that's all that really matters to the fighters, so he is the GOAT to his fellow fighters.

Actually, when asked, most fighters won't cite money as the "thing that really matters". I wish they would - they'd all be in better spots if they did, but to your point. No. On both counts.

MMA greats (especially the ones listed here) have legacies as champions. I've said this before, but what is Conor's CHampionship Legacy? Some will say "Two division title holder", most will say "never defended a single title in any organization". THAT will be his legacy. My guess is, if nothing changes and Conor goes off to pursue other ventures, history will remember him as a strange "flash-in-the-pan". A weird anomaly that appeared quickly, did some unusual things, and dropped away just as fast.

His road through the UFC was littered with favorable match-ups, as well as being gifted the ability to pick and chose his battles. People will say "He beat Holloway", and yeah he did. It was a great performance (with a severe injury no less), but it was against a 19 year old kid with comparatively little experience. He legit beat Aldo, and this is one of the few times he lived up to his own hype. The rest of it? Not so much. Almost every other fight he was in against a smaller man (and had a considerable reach advantage) who's style was a favorable match up for him. Even his fight against Nate was engineered so that he had nothing to lose. If Conor beats Nate, "Wow! Nate is HUGE compared to Conor and he STILL beat him!", and of course if he takes an "L", "Man! Nate is so much bigger. Conor is such a warrior!". So it didn't matter. It wouldn't effect his rankings in his own division.

Poor Eddie Alvarez was already mostly used up by the time he faced Conor (too many straight up wars with Chandler before he even got to the UFC), and don't even get me started on Dennis Siver. No, Conor will likely not be remembered as a true "great" in the same sense as guys like Randy, GSP, or SIlva - I think it's more likely he'll be remembered as a more successful version of Chael - a guy who was extremely smart and careful with his career, and talked his way into a lot of money. Nothing more, noting less, but NOT an all-time great.

Extreme weight cuts? What about McTAPPER?
View attachment 457991
That's one fight. Conor didn't plan a quick retirement after that fight and start calling himself the Floyd of MMA without fighting at his natural weight like Khabib is doing.

Khabib's worse than a PED cheat IMO as he is calling himself the GOAT basically while weight cheating to duck Woodley and gain a size and grapple advantage

That's one fight. Conor didn't plan a quick retirement after that fight and start calling himself the Floyd of MMA without fighting at his natural weight like Khabib is doing.

Khabib's worse than a PED cheat IMO as he is calling himself the GOAT basically while weight cheating to duck Woodley and gain a size and grapple advantage
Excuses, excuses. Wah Wah

What's Khabib's excuse for not fighting Woodley?

That he's a lightweight?

We all know including Tony that he's actually a welterweight doing extreme weight cuts
Wah Wah Wah, you boy got whupped GET OVER IT!!
43422219_2211913262417176_8487877033651601408_o.jpg
and speaking of "extreme weight cuts" how soon you Connor jock sniffers forget:
d12b54479d5db99d76bb840f018b054d_crop_exact.jpg 952481.jpg

Mate Conors not my boy. You can't even disprove my argument

Woodley is and Khabib is ducking him

T Ferg has a disadvantage vs Khabib the monstrous weight cheat who has to cut double the weight of anyone else so he goes into every lightweight fight with a bigger torso. That's the biggest weapon of Khabib his weight cheating as his grappling would hardly be better than Lee's without it.

He wouldn't be able to do that at his natural weight, welterweight, where shorter Woodley has better striking and is shorter with a bigger torso so will never get outwrestled off Khabib either

You know you’re successful when haters are so obsessed that they make threads about you

Legend at selling himself, brand and fights but that is where it stops

His personality leading up to his rise was very infectious. Fastest rising and shining star the UFC has ever seen

Mate Conors not my boy. You can't even disprove my argument

Woodley is and Khabib is ducking him

T Ferg has a disadvantage vs Khabib the monstrous weight cheat who has to cut double the weight of anyone else so he goes into every lightweight fight with a bigger torso. That's the biggest weapon of Khabib his weight cheating as his grappling would hardly be better than Lee's without it.

He wouldn't be able to do that at his natural weight, welterweight, where shorter Woodley has better striking and is shorter with a bigger torso so will never get outwrestled off Khabib either
Wah Wah Wah, more irrelevant crying. If he can make weight, he makes weight nothing wrong with that and there should be no complaining about not fighting someone in a higher weight class (who cuts weight himself).

elanimalsantana said:
28-0 plus:
View attachment 457989

Not exactly, just pointing out that the whinning about Khabib cutting weight from the Connor nut lickers is hypocritical since he has been known to cut weight until he's just skin and bone to fight manlets.

So why would you quote me when I stated the fact that Khabib couldn't hold a candle to Conor in terms of accomplishments when that is not at all related to the basis of your response?

Dumb thread. He's already an all-timer. The fact you're already trying to find a caveat to remove him from the pantheon makes it self-evident.

It's like there's never any middle ground with his biggest supporters or his biggest haters - He's either the greatest thing that's ever graced the octagon, or an overrated mid-tier player who's benefitted from very gracious promoting and carefully handpicked opponents.

The truth: He IS an all time great, easily better/more accomplished than the (vast) majority of fighters, he's just not the GOAT.

This is balanced but incomplete. What you say is true though you just omitted that he is the biggest asshole and braggart in the history of MMA too who has had the greatest fall albeit from a self imposed high place.

So why would you quote me when I stated the fact that Khabib couldn't hold a candle to Conor in terms of accomplishments when that is not at all related to the basis of your response?
Not a fact, just delusions, and my answers were on point.

Back