WAR ROOM LOUNGE V21: ♫♪ Tom Lehrer Awareness Week ♪♫

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expressed an opinion on their quality, nothing more. Good satire has truth at its core, fundamentally. If it was good I would laugh regardless of political leanings. Most of the stuff in there is just negative propaganda being passed as memes.

Damn scurrry cartoons on a karate forum, no worries....they can't hurt you

Alright, I'm going to have to ask that everyone stop trying to explain NPC by referring to other geeky cultural phenomena.

I've had like 3 people purport to explain what NPC means and I still have no idea.
It's from videogames, so there's no getting around that. It stands for "non-playable character," as opposed to "Playable characters." Playable characters are the antagonists of the game and choose their own actions - they are what humans play as. NPCs are just bits of preorigrammed bits of code that someone else told what to do.

If you've played Zelda, then Link is a playable character. A shopkeeper or monster is an NPC. It might occasionally act like a real person, but it isnt-all of its behaviors are preprogrammed.

Yeah the NPC thing is so jarringly self-unaware that it's hard to explain aside from it being a mass delusion that is immune to irony.

What is so confusing about NPC? Its just essentially a non-player character controlled by the machine. That's it. Its not complicated.

giphy.gif

It's from videogames, so there's no getting around that. It stands for "non-playable character," as opposed to "Playable characters." Playable characters are the antagonists of the game and choose their own actions - they are what humans play as. NPCs are just bits of preorigrammed bits of code that someone else told what to do.

If you've played Zelda, then Link is a playable character. A shopkeeper or monster is an NPC. It might occasionally act like a real person, but it isnt-all of its behaviors are preprogrammed.

Well, then I cosign Fawlty and Rational's perspective, I suppose.

Sounds like it kind of smacks of the same self-unaware-ness of the "fake news" screeching when Trump supporters were/are by far the biggest consumers and purveyors of actual fake news. Or the bitching about George Soros when Republicans are by far the bigger recipient of massive billionaire donations and have increasingly deregulated campaign finance regulation to the chagrin of liberals.

It's really hard to come to terms with the fact that that level of stupidity not only exists but proudly reinforces itself. The complete disregard for anything resembling knowledge or adherence to facts, and the insistence on doubling down on that deficit, can be a source of endless frustration.

Me? I just don't go in. You're not going to inform anyone and they're just going to think that they rustled you with truth when you correct them.

Its a thread with cartoons on a karate site subforum. If it triggers you, bravo for not going in it, but its just non-factual mostly but good for a chuckle, like most comedy. And keeping it there stops it from massively spreading to other threads...just the fact that anyone would get upset about it is comical.

Its a thread with cartoons on a karate site subforum. If it triggers you, bravo for not going in it, but its just unfactual mostly but good for s chuckle, like most comedy. And keeping it there stops it from massively spreading to other threads...just the fact that anyone would get upset about it is comical.
It's obviously not just about joking with most dedicated "meme" people. It's way, way beyond that.

Its a thread with cartoons on a karate site subforum. If it triggers you, bravo for not going in it, but its just non-factual mostly but good for a chuckle, like most comedy. And keeping it there stops it from massively spreading to other threads...just the fact that anyone would get upset about it is comical.

The fact that you defend stupidity and deliberate misinformation does a disservice to America and fundamentally damages the level of political discourse.

They're not just posting memes that they like. They're literally bot posting from propaganda databases.

It's obviously not just about joking with most dedicated "meme" people. It's way, way beyond that.

Its just an outlet to post their jokes -- one that keeps it mostly away from other threads. Cint is right wing, he post jokes -- nothing to freak out over.

The fact that you defend stupidity and deliberate misinformation does a disservice to America and fundamental damages the level of political discourse.

A priest and a rabbi walk into a bar -- should i continue or do you need documented sources showing that did in fact happened?

It's stupid because the constant screeching from the alt-reich about NPCs really just shows they're exactly the NPCs they're attempting to criticize with the meme.

Maybe people like you shouldn't be so obvious about it getting under your skin, and then people won't tease you with it as much.

You understand that it works, because it clearly annoys the ever living shit out of people like you, right? And that the "no, you!" response, is just about the lamest and dorkiest comeback to possibly use, right? You're not gonna help your cause, by responding like a dorky child would. The teasing will just get worse.

Maybe people like you shouldn't be so obvious about it getting under your skin, and then people won't tease you with it as much.

You understand that it works, because it clearly annoys the ever living shit out of people like you, right? And that the "no, you!" response, is just about the lamest and dorkiest comeback to possibly use, right? You're not gonna help your cause, by responding like a dorky child would. The teasing will just get worse.

It literally doesn't bother me that you all look like retarded hypocrites constantly.

It's actually quite entertaining to see a group of people so willfully delusional and lacking awareness.

But it's also a bit sad too.

I'm just trying to help. I like helping.

I'm still confused as to why anyone would go into the meme thread to begin with

A priest and a rabbi walk into a bar -- should i continue or do you need documented sources showing that did in fact happened?

Is the purpose of the joke to point out how priests and rabbis walk into bars all the time despite there being incontrovertible evidence that no priest nor rabbi has ever walked into a bar?

Little different.

Cint is basically an alt right propaganda bot imo. Idk who else posts in that thread but its fucking terrible

Cint is basically an alt right propaganda bot imo. Idk who else posts in that thread but its fucking terrible

so is whippy and hans and glenwo

Bot posting should be bannable, but Sherdog probably likes them boosting their activity numbers so they don't do anything about it.

That isn't the same thing, would you like to stick to the topic?

yeah, it is - its silly jokes mostly posted by 3 people. Majority of people dont take them seriously....but a lot get seriously triggered by them; which is also hilarious.

yeah, it is - its silly jokes mostly posted by 3 people. Majority of people dont take them seriously....but a lot get seriously triggered by them; which is also hilarious.

I don't think telling blatant lies is funny.

Why is that funny to you?

Occasionally people cut and paste memes into other threads, so we dump them in there.
Unfortunately I have to go in there every now and again to clean out the trolls posting holocaust denial etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back