Weidman was product of great timing

nah, hes still a top MW. but his cardio, damage hes taken, and lack of power in his strikes are major issues. hes winning fights but he doesnt have the tools to keep guys from hurting him. jacare came out the 3rd and just walked him down and looked for the big punch, and he found it. no respect for the shots weidman was tagging him with.

he seems to move almost in slow motion in some instances. no explosion or speed. mix that together with the fact he gets exhausted 10 minutes into the fights and u have a very vulnerable guy in the 3rd round and later. no power, whatever speed he had is shot, poor cardio and hes already taken tons of damage. ON TOP OF ALL THAT his fight IQ has been poor in multiple fights, this fight being another one. idk if a new camp is needed, maybe.

too many major flaws/issues right now that havent been addressed and they've been apparent for a few years now

At this point I would not be surprised if they do Silva vs Weidman 3, I could see it happening next.

Bad timing, he fought Androstesone before USADA. Imagine if he fought Androstesone after USADA, he would have KO'd Androstesone in 1 round.

No amount of mental gymnastics will change the fact that Weidman is the superior fighter to Anderson.
Mental gymnastics? Silva was 38 years old when he fought Weidmann and his style was about timing and speed. Im curious how good Weidmann will be when 38 years old...

No amount of mental gymnastics will change the fact that Weidman is the superior fighter to Anderson.
Exactly! Weidman's legacy will be that he beat Silva. Silva's legacy will be that he's Silva and ruled the division for years. But beating a legend, that obviously makes you an even BIGGER legend! </sarcasm>

Can't think of a better example of being a champion of circumstances. But maybe age had nothing to do with it and we'll get to see 38 year old Weidman fighting for the title.

He looks slow, and completely lost now when someone pressures him. I don't think it was an accident that Jacare kept pressure on him. Most likely the strategy his corner came with.

When Weidman controls the distance he tends to get comfortable and lethargic. They jumped on those lulls.

That's a possibility but it still seems suspicious given he was dominating everyone before that and then he loses a bunch of mass and all but one of his fights since. He did pass all his tests though, I can't argue with that.

He dominated until top guys from Strikeforce showed up!

He dominated until top guys from Strikeforce showed up!
Strikeforce got bought out in like 2012, not sure if he was even in the UFC at that time., Timing doesn't really add up for that to be a valid excuse unless my memory is failing me here, lol.

Good figter. But he caught an overconfident Anderson who was on the downhill and then got some big name wins over fighters past their prime. Thank god time corrected this and history will show he was nothing but a good fighter. To think there was a time people in here thought he could beat Jones.
Silva was the product of timing. Chris, jacare, romero, rockhold, moose, whittaker beat everyone on Silva's resume.

Funny how weidmans down fall was after USADA

Not really. He's looked great in all his fights, but bad fight IQ lets him down each time.

Bad timing, he fought Androstesone before USADA. Imagine if he fought Androstesone after USADA, he would have KO'd Androstesone in 1 round.

Yeah, please stfu. Anderson smokes this clown had he taken him seriously in their 1st fight

Last edited:
Against prime Machida and prime Vitor

<{outtahere}>

Machida came off a dominant win against Mousasi so can't really hate on that fight. It was a very good W.

Vitor at the time was an OK win, nothing else.

Silva was the product of timing. Chris, jacare, romero, rockhold, moose, whittaker beat everyone on Silva's resume.

Wrong twice.

HiddenJollyCorydorascatfish-size_restricted.gif

Not even a Weidman supporter but people a bit hard on guy.He beats Anderson but defends title a few times then loses to 3 monsters (those same 3 still currently ranked in USA today's top 4). He's somewhat competitive in those (Romero fight was ultra close before knee). He's more of a product of not protecting that left side of noggin. I mean he was winning entire fight with a few to go last night.
He's not D.Brunson.Chris in a tough position but made a ton of money in his Anderson fights alone.Luke Rockhold already having similar problems. I bring up Mousasi alot but there's a reason for it.
This man has fought for 15 years and in every top promotion [12-3 zuffa] ....in his prime now and watching best version of self. He still has one of best chins in sport.Hes a paradox to this sport- maybe the only one in history and simply doesnt get the credit for it.At 33, he MIGHT be the #1 middleweight right now and it's a shame he left UFC on a five fight stoppage streak

That Vitor sleeps Silva inside 5 minutes.

LMAO. Based on What? He's always been the same. He didn't touch Anderson and all of a sudden he would now sleep him in 5 minutes?

LMAO. Based on What? He's always been the same. He didn't touch Anderson and all of a sudden he would now sleep him in 5 minutes?
Yes, KO'ed inside 5. The Vitor he fought was garbage compared to the one that killed Bisping, Rockhold and Henderson.

Back