If DC takes the Lesnar fight at 235 then retires he neatly avoids Blaydes

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Curtis was very green when he faced Ngannou and Francis got lucky with cutting him. I don't think too many people can be in doubt that Francis is going to get taken down and grapple dominated in Beijing. It's just a question of will he be finished or will he lose a heavy UD like against Stipe.

curtis-blaydes-ufc-fight-night-86.jpg

Personally I think Blaydes finishes him with gnp but either way Blaydes will then be 11-1-1 career, 6-1-1 UFC with 5 wins in a row and his right to the next TS will be undeniable. He already should have been ahead of Lewis in the queue.

We are talking about a top level wrestler who also has big power in his hands who is 12 years younger, 5 inches taller and has a 7.5" reach advantage over Cormier. Sure Cormier's whole career almost is against opponents with many or most of those physical advantages but Blaydes is 255lb, very physical and athletic and a very strong wrestler and Father Time is breathing down DC's neck.

I'm sure Daniel would be the favourite in that fight but Blaydes really has all the tools to spoil his gameplan and put him in danger. I don't doubt that Cormier will be happy to get Brock out of there in round one and retire as champ without ever taking that fight.

dc.jpg

The man is 40 and an all time great, let him retire on his conditions

Blaydes would destroy both Cormier and Miocic. He's the real deal

This dude's standup is terrible. He'd need to out wrestle Cormier, which would be a tall task due to terrible stand up and Cormier's wrestling credentials.

Literally any fighter looking to walk away, someone is always going to point to a potential prospect as to whom they either "avoided" or "ducked".

I don't even like Cormier either.

Blaydes would destroy both Cormier and Miocic. He's the real deal

Curtis maybe beats cormier now, but prime DC beats blaydes. DC is much faster and more powerful striker and I think DC can outwrestle/grapple him. Barnett was a much better grappler than Blaydes and look what cormier did.

Yeah man just let Cormier do whatever.

I don’t even care if he ducks another Jones beating.

haha, no matter WHAT Cormier does, his haters would find some reason to shit on him.

This guys resume is already insane, in terms of all the fighters he's faced.

I love DC haters. Always trying to discredit him one way or another.

He’s done a lot in his time and has competed at the highest level with titles in two different weight classes. If Blaydes and Cormier’s path never crosses, it’s because the timing of an up and comer and an established, big name in the game just weren’t meant to fight.

Jesus has anyone actually retired without ducking someone?? Not everyone needs to start getting their head knocked off every fight like Liddell or beaten to a pulp like Penn

Yea been saying it awhile Blaydes is future champ imo , i think he would take DC dwn snd smash him

@MMA__Analyst

Barnett is not even close to being as good of a wrestler as Blaydes, and nowhere near as athletic.

Blaydes is a LONG ways away from offering DC anything concerning.

DC's at the last fight of his career, and he's made it clear he's not fighting much longer for awhile now.

I remember when people were giving GSP shit for retiring and saying he was scared of all the new contenders, then he said something about how everyone had been warning him about Rick Story a few years prior.

This is the cycle of the sport. Maybe Blaydes becomes a great, maybe he fizzles out or turns into another Browne or Rosholt. Either way, DC isn't concerned with avoiding anyone and he has no obligation to keep taking out young contenders into his 40s to prove that.

Curtis maybe beats cormier now, but prime DC beats blaydes. DC is much faster and more powerful striker and I think DC can outwrestle/grapple him. Barnett was a much better grappler than Blaydes and look what cormier did.
Blaydes striking is not that good and DC would most likely school him in the clinch.

Curtis was very green when he faced Ngannou and Francis got lucky with cutting him. I don't think too many people can be in doubt that Francis is going to get taken down and grapple dominated in Beijing. It's just a question of will he be finished or will he lose a heavy UD like against Stipe.

Personally I think Blaydes finishes him with gnp but either way Blaydes will then be 11-1-1 career, 6-1-1 UFC with 5 wins in a row and his right to the next TS will be undeniable. He already should have been ahead of Lewis in the queue.

We are talking about a top level wrestler who also has big power in his hands who is 12 years younger, 5 inches taller and has a 7.5" reach advantage over Cormier. Sure Cormier's whole career almost is against opponents with many or most of those physical advantages but Blaydes is 255lb, very physical and athletic and a very strong wrestler and Father Time is breathing down DC's neck.

I'm sure Daniel would be the favourite in that fight but Blaydes really has all the tools to spoil his gameplan and put him in danger. I don't doubt that Cormier will be happy to get Brock out of there in round one and retire as champ without ever taking that fight.

dc.jpg
There’s a lot of other HWs that DC won’t he fighting is Blaydes the only one he’s ducking?

This thread is ridiculous, but Blaydes deserves more recognition. He's the most legit up-and-comer in the division at present.

I like Blaydes, but Cormier is literally better than him everywhere. I've no idea why people are interested in this fight. Where do they think Blaydes can win? He's a worse striker and a worse wrestler.

dc.jpg
So he just has to keep fighting so you don't discredit him? There is a 5 year old kid somewhere that will be a total HW beast in 20 years, and if DC doesn't keep fighting and beat him then he has no legacy.

I dont think DC is GOAT and I find his style somewhat boring. But I totally respect him as fighter and human being. He's a class act and if he wants a couple money fights before retirement, then let him have it.

Back