Elections 2018 Midterms: Polls, predictions and results.

Are you trying to gloat about a Texas Republican beating a Democrat in a Senate race by a slim margin? Cruz was the favorite by miles and he won...and not because people like Ted Cruz.
Are you trying to gloat that a Texas democrat lost? Cruz is a guy who has been filmed eating his own boogers Beto still came up short.

Are you trying to gloat about a Texas Republican beating a Democrat in a Senate race by a slim margin? Cruz was the favorite by miles and he won...and not because people like Ted Cruz.
Slim margin yes...Cruz is the favorite to win? I highly doubt it...I was gunning for Cruz to lose this time...but somehow he squeaked in a win...

For the 2nd election in a row the Dems killed in the popular vote. Took the house and a bunch of governorships and state houses. Blue Wave is exactly what it was.

For the 2nd election in a row the Dems killed in the popular vote. Took the house and a bunch of governorships and state houses. Blue Wave is exactly what it was.
Blue drizzle, similar to 2006 in the House (~+30) but lost 3(!) Senate seats. Popular vote doesn't matter, BTW. Democrats cluster together in the cities which reduces greatly their ability to take seats nationwide.

Key states and counties in MI, WI and PA all went blue. It's obvious that the average working class American is recognizing that Trump has sold them out for the past 2 years. Trump is in line for a beatdown in 2020 based off what happened this week imo.

2 more sc justices incoming .. dems will pay dearly for not taking back the senate

Key states and counties in MI, WI and PA all went blue. It's obvious that the average working class American is recognizing that Trump has sold them out for the past 2 years. Trump is in line for a beatdown in 2020 based off what happened this week imo.

yeah just like obama was in 2012 .. good call

why would georgia vote in a gun control advocate ? demographics seriously changing in that state looks like
Trump has a suburban problem. Not sure what trump will do considering his style is to not expand his base but to just fire them up.

Blue drizzle, similar to 2006 in the House (~+30) but lost 3(!) Senate seats. Popular vote doesn't matter, BTW. Democrats cluster together in the cities which reduces greatly their ability to take seats nationwide.
does it really matter how much they took the house by considering what was at stake?

does it really matter how much they took the house by considering what was at stake?
Sure it does. Incumbency is a significant advantage. Turning more seats would have made it harder for the Rs to re-take the House in 2020.

Tremendous victory for America. With this results dems can do fookin nothing.<JonesDXSuckIt>

Sure it does. Incumbency is a significant advantage. Turning more seats would have made it harder for the Rs to re-take the House in 2020.
There is a period of time between this election and the next that matters more than either. I know it's not something you can gamble on, but it's sort of the meat on the bones you are interested in.

What mattered in the midterms on Tuesday was that the house switched hands. Everything else was secondary. There is no way to spin that against the reality of the situation.

2 more sc justices incoming .. dems will pay dearly for not taking back the senate
They didn't really have a path to the Senate. Things had to go perfectly and then some. The only race that really shocked me was tbe performance in TN that was ugly .

There is a period of time between this election and the next that matters more than either. I know it's not something you can gamble on, but it's sort of the meat on the bones you are interested in.

What mattered in the midterms on Tuesday was that the house switched hands. Everything else was secondary. There is no way to spin that against the reality of the situation.

I’d be very careful if I were the Dems. I’m serious. This can easily backfire and if the Repukes take back the House with an even greater majority in the Senate. It could be game over

Dems should learn from the mistakes of the GOP in the past. Investigations of a sitting prez just don’t sit well with the public

She called Israel an apartheid state as well.

Omar symbolizes a change in the democratic party, from bipartisan support of Israel to more of anti-Israel sentiments.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the book, I have listened to him quite a bit and although I disagree with him on many issues, I firmly stand behind his critique of the BDS-movement.

So instead of applauding someone that will no be critical of Israel and their horrendous treatment of the Palestinians, and not join the echo chamber of U.S. politicians that bow down to the Israel Lobby and Netanyahu, you're critical of it? Palestinians aren't exactly treated fairly in Israel you know.

You can disagree as much as you want, his book is very well sourced and cites numerous NGO, including ones based in Israel on how they treat the Palestinians. Whatever... I feel annoyed that I even have to make this clear.

Back