TJ vs Cejudo seems pointless

Yep, Cejudo fucked everything up for the UFC winning that fight.

DJ may not have been the ultimate needle mover but he vs the 135 champ was a true champ vs champ fight and would have been one for the ages.

Now they got this pointless shit instead, unless it's at 125 which I think I just read somewhere, in which case it still won't draw even half the numbers DJ vs would have

I think TJ vs Moraes would sell more than TJ vs Cejudo too if they would just promote Moraes and promote the fight as the best 2 fighters at BW that have crazy good striking who don't just win but destroy people most of the time. MMA fans love guys that go for the kill.

I think TJ vs Moraes would sell more than TJ vs Cejudo too if they would just promote Moraes and promote the fight as the best 2 fighters at BW that have crazy good striking who don't just win but destroy people most of the time. MMA fans love guys that go for the kill.
Absolutely, I don't know why UFC is still entertaining putting this fight on to be honest, it made sense with DJ but not now.
TJ should concentrate on 135, Asuncao, Lineker, Moraes, Sterling, unless he intends to try and dominate in both weightclasses in which case good for him

The Moraes fight interests me the most. I think he can beat TJ. He will have a noticeable strength advantage and I don’t think he will be outgrappled by TJ. That will make it a stand up match where Moraes has shown to be super dangerous.

What a fight that would be.

The Moraes fight interests me the most. I think he can beat TJ. He will have a noticeable strength advantage and I don’t think he will be outgrappled by TJ. That will make it a stand up match where Moraes has shown to be super dangerous.

What a fight that would be.

Could potentially be one of the best BW title fights ever.

It's respect for the Flyweight division and allows the UFC to end it with a bang, rather than unceremoniously. Big gift from Dana to the fighters and the hardcore fans.
Yes huge respect to the flyweight division letting a bantamweight come in and destroy it's champion

Marlon vs tj/cruz/Cody has fireworks written all over it

It's stupid. It's not really a big fight. No one cares about Cejudo, and TJ isn't exactly a big name either. TJ vs Cruz is a bigger money fight than TJ vs Cejudo if you ask me. Cejudo has zero title defences, and he only won the title via split decision, so it's hard to even argue that's he's the definitive best Flyweight in the world right now. TJ has only defended the belt once since winning it for the second time, and that defence was against the same guy he won it from. Neither TJ nor Cejudo deserve a so-called 'superfight' in the first place, not when there are plenty of challengers in their respective divisions for them to face already. It's not like they're both long-reigning dominant champions, in fact, neither of them are. This all isn't helped by the fact that TJ is actually going down in weight, to a weight class that is rumoured to be getting axed. If he wins, it just seems like he went down to pick on the little guy. When Conor won the second belt, he had gone up in weight, and when DC won the second belt, he went up in weight too. But rather than Cejudo moving up, TJ is moving down. There's something about that that doesn't sit quite right with me.

TJ vs DJ would have been an entirely different story, but this is stupid.

Not on the same level as TJ though and he's smaller and doesn't hit as hard and while that was a good fight it wasn't a dominant performance, it was very close.

I don't think Benavidez does anything better than TJ either.

I thought hitting hard was Benavidez' calling card, even when he was fighting at BW? Well, he and Dillashaw have a common opponent in Dominic Cruz, who officially beat both of them by split decision. I don't really see grounds for saying one of them is unequivocally better than the other. I agree that Cejudo vs. B. was close but hardly anybody has dominant performances against Benavidez (see the aforementioned Cruz). To me, C. looked very sharp in that fight against an admittedly formidable opponent. I expect C. vs D. to be hard fought no matter who wins--I'll be shocked if one of them wipes out the other.

I thought hitting hard was Benavidez' calling card, even when he was fighting at BW? Well, he and Dillashaw have a common opponent in Dominic Cruz, who officially beat both of them by split decision. I don't really see grounds for saying one of them is unequivocally better than the other. I agree that Cejudo vs. B. was close but hardly anybody has dominant performances against Benavidez (see the aforementioned Cruz). To me, C. looked very sharp in that fight against an admittedly formidable opponent. I expect C. vs D. to be hard fought no matter who wins--I'll be shocked if one of them wipes out the other.

TJ has continued to get better and better while Benavidez' looks to have plateaued and maybe has started a slow decline.

I hope TJ misses weight and proves MM right

They are closing the division down, but yet he wants to win a title that no one cares about nor will be around to defend. Its not a real belt, its just two fighters agreeing to kill themselves for the 6th grader belt by cutting down to 125.

This whole 2 division champ thing is seriously over stated and just an illusion.

Conor: KO over aldo, never fought at 145 ever again. Gets an easy match-up against Eddie and never defends the title once again.

GSP: Waited to get Bisping, who was the easiest match in the top 5. Vacates the title

DC: Won the titles legitimately over AJ, Gus, and Stipe.

TJ needs to focus on becoming the 135 GOAT by beating Dom maybe Moraes. Fuck fighting Cejudo, who is undeserving of the fight.

I'm a big TJ fan but I completely agree with TS.

Raphael Assuncao deserves the rubber match.

I'm a big TJ fan but I completely agree with TS.

Raphael Assuncao deserves the rubber match.

As much as he does, the UFC is trying to Out Age him from getting a title shot. Assuncao is 36 and if they keep him on the sidelines for another year or so, he will be less likely to win a title. If they decide to give him a title shot, he will be past his prime. They really do not want him as champ.

This whole 2 division champ thing is seriously over stated and just an illusion.

yup, and it has always been. you can't truly be the champion of two divisions, unless you beat the top contenders from each division. every, "double-champ" has only had to beat the current champ of the second division to get the second belt. no one knows how they would have done agains the contenders. just dumb marketing started by mcgregor, and the ufc has gone along with it.

EO3lm6s.png

TJ got leverage. He wanted to give UFC superfight against MM, he faced Cody in an immediate rematch - got no reason to do it, he represented the company good at TUF and won pretty much everything down there , he makes weight and he even made 125 not so long ago outside of camp to prove a point.

TJ is the company guy, If he keeps playing smaer he may become the new DC once the latter retires.

They are closing down nothing man let them fight

Back