It is now clear that Demetrious Johnson did indeed duck TJ Dillashaw

Ok, I see the point you’re trying to make. Could you tell me what else was in the contracts for both the cejudo/TJ fights?
My point is, we don’t know the details in the the contracts or how much info is released to the public. Was there an instant rematch guaranteed if DJ loses? Does TJ take the belt with him back to BW and not defend FLW? What was the PPV %? How much was the win bonus? And most importantly, what’s DJ’s pay if he loses the belt and is no longer the main event or co main? It goes without saying his pay drops but we don’t know how much.
I understand I’m in the minority on this here on Sherdog but like I said, I’m not one to call out fighters and label them a duck when most of the source’s that we get, are straight from Dana White of all people.
We'll never know all the details like a court of law to 100% confirm.
Facts are DJ made unprecedented demands like being guaranteed 100% of his pay and TJ'S pay if tj weighted in at 125.1 name anything in ufc history where a champion acted like this. Then he took an opponent who was hospitalized missing weight said it's fine we can rebook the fight next month.
DJ wanted a guaranteed 2 millions (without ppv points) for comparison dc and Stipe got 500k guaranteed for their superfight.
Fact DJ was too injured to sign vs tj, but fought on the same card.
The evidence is overwhelming that dj did everything in his power to never fight TJ.

Yep and now tj is holding up the 135 division. The ufc is a mess right now. We are going to go atleast 2 and half yrs with Cody vs tj being the only title fights at bw.
Doubt Cody get another shot any time soon, Cejudo vs TJ would be next at 135, specially since 125 is going away.

Doubt Cody get another shot any time soon, Cejudo vs TJ would be next at 135, specially since 125 is going away.
Ya Cody won’t get a title shot until tj loses. He is wonderboy territory

We'll never know all the details like a court of law to 100% confirm.
Facts are DJ made unprecedented demands like being guaranteed 100% of his pay and TJ'S pay if tj weighted in at 125.1 name anything in ufc history where a champion acted like this. Then he took an opponent who was hospitalized missing weight said it's fine we can rebook the fight next month.
DJ wanted a guaranteed 2 millions (without ppv points) for comparison dc and Stipe got 500k guaranteed for their superfight.
Fact DJ was too injured to sign vs tj, but fought on the same card.
The evidence is overwhelming that dj did everything in his power to never fight TJ.
Fair enough. You made good points. I hope we get to hear some sort of explanation on everything that went down during the negotiations from DJ.
Has DJ given us his side of the story? Asking because I really don’t know.

Let me go through a complete training camp and put that damage on my body to fight a guy who hasn't even proven he could make 125. Oh and get paid peanuts to defend MY belt.

Yup...ducking confirmed!
<JagsKiddingMe>
He took Borg, who missed like 50% of the times, and also pulled once against DJ, he could also said to go up to 135 to be champ champ, he didnt even mentioned it i believe, there are some levels of Ducking there, also the last time they fought and the fight night weight was disclosed DJ was as heavy as the BW guys, so he wasnt even that much smaller.

I don’t think so, not with all that has played out with DJ and negotiations, likely had more to do with him and the UFC than TJ.

But TJ is ducking Moraes no doubt

MM wanted TJ to fight once at FLW before a superfight.

That's all.

Lol are you aware DJ would've in fact defended his belt against TJ? Please don't say that the likes of Ray Borg and Tim Elliot are better contenders than Dillashaw

You are aware that champions generally get paid for defending belts, right? DJ had his price tag, UFC wasn't interested in meeting it.

Not fighting for chump change with no guarantees if the guy who's never fought at the weight can't make it seems more like not being a bitch than ducking. I don't get this meme that person with the greatest belt-defending run in UFC history should take whatever is offered and be grateful just to be allowed to fight. There's a give and take to negotiating. Being willing to say "no" is part of any decent negotiator's tool kit.

Dillashaw wanted to fight MM because he was the no.1 P4P ranked fighter on a tear and it would have have been a great legacy fight.

TJ is too small for 145lbs. If he can make 125lbs why not get the belt?

It was Cejudo who's called him out now.

I agree that TJ is too small for FTW but if the goal is to gain something, or conquer the biggest challenge, it seems like TJ going up is the best choice for that same reason. I can't argue with you on the rankings thing, that is a good point, but DJ didn't have a lot to gain for a "legacy", few people will try to say he isn't the best FLW ever.

Ok, I see the point you’re trying to make. Could you tell me what else was in the contracts for both the cejudo/TJ fights?
My point is, we don’t know the details in the the contracts or how much info is released to the public. Was there an instant rematch guaranteed if DJ loses? Does TJ take the belt with him back to BW and not defend FLW? What was the PPV %? How much was the win bonus? And most importantly, what’s DJ’s pay if he loses the belt and is no longer the main event or co main? It goes without saying his pay drops but we don’t know how much.
I understand I’m in the minority on this here on Sherdog but like I said, I’m not one to call out fighters and label them a duck when most of the source’s that we get, are straight from Dana White of all people.
None of any of that matters since he fought someone else instead.

It was I want x amount to fight tj(which he knew they wouldn’t do) the. Also some rediculius weight stipulation.

And fought another guy for less money that’s missed weight BEFORE with no stipulations.

So I’ll only fight this one guy under these ridiculous stipulations but I’m fine fighting someone else is ducking.

It would have been a completely different story if they were trying to make him move up but they weren’t.

It was to challenge for his belt. That is the fucking definition of ducking.

MM came up with a hundred excuses as to why he wouldn't face TJ in his own weight class(125 lbs). On the other hand, as soon as Cejudo got the belt, Dillashaw vs Cejudo was all but signed. The sensible conclusion here is that DJ purposefully avoided the BW champion.
tumblr_oy3pn8mUYN1qisc9uo2_r1_400.gif

TJ ducked him. Why wouldnt he have the fight at 135 if he was so sure of himself? its a bad look to challenge someone from a lower weight class, let them come up and you put your belt on the line, he just came off looking like an opportunist, same as he does now going to 125 to fight Cejudo instead of defending against the 135 contenders.

He took Borg, who missed like 50% of the times, and also pulled once against DJ, he could also said to go up to 135 to be champ champ, he didnt even mentioned it i believe, there are some levels of Ducking there, also the last time they fought and the fight night weight was disclosed DJ was as heavy as the BW guys, so he wasnt even that much smaller.
Do you have a link to DJ weighing as much as the bws? Last one i saw he was 140. No way in hell is tj only 140.

DJ 142
TJ 149
4.9%
Your math is retarded and this tj only cutting to 135 he'd be smaller cutting to 125.

And yet he would still be naturally one weight class bigger than MM.

One guy is 5'3 and the other is 5'6.5

And even then... this is all moot because it's commonly known that DJ refused the fight because of money, he was asking $2mil, they offered $500k, and they couldn't agree on a compromise amount. The idea that the decision was influenced by being scared of TJ Dillashaw of all people is dowright laughable

Last edited:
F
None of any of that matters since he fought someone else instead.

It was I want x amount to fight tj(which he knew they wouldn’t do) the. Also some rediculius weight stipulation.

And fought another guy for less money that’s missed weight BEFORE with no stipulations.

So I’ll only fight this one guy under these ridiculous stipulations but I’m fine fighting someone else is ducking.

It would have been a completely different story if they were trying to make him move up but they weren’t.

It was to challenge for his belt. That is the fucking definition of ducking.
”exact fucking definition of ducking”

okay, fair enough... has DJ given us his thoughts at all? Or does that not matter either? If he has, I honestly haven’t seen it.

For the record, I’m a TJ fan.

Back