Deep Blue Sea(1999 film)

Open Water 1 and 2 were better shark movies, imo. They were realistic.

Deep Blue Sea was alright.

Last edited:
The Reef was a pretty creepy shark movie...slightly more realistic

It was good 90's movie, five star movie compared to 2018 movies of it's kind. The Meg was one of the worst fucking movies I've ever seen.

Also it has Tony Soprano's sister

It's a fun movie. Would recommend.
sdsds.jpg
anigif_original-grid-image-13637-1383235640-11.gif
Deep-Blue-Sea-2.jpg

Pretty terrible movie. I mean, kind of entertaining in a bad Renny Harlin kind of way, but there's not really anything about it that's well done.

Also, why get Ronny Cox if you're just going to have him sit behind a desk and cut all of his lines?

My favorite movie is Jaws so though i do remember enjoying this, i dont care about watching it ever again.

Jaws 2 is the next best shark movie.

I did enjoy the shark movie about a girl stranded on a rock tho.

Jaws 2 is an underappreciated sequel. It was a complete ripoff and rehash, but it was a good rehash and that's something that's easier said than done.

Whatever the third best shark movie is, however, it is a big drop off from Jaws 2. It might even be Jaws 3, and that's a pretty sad state of affairs.

It's a good one. Nice, schlocky fun. Sam Jackson death was Seagal-in-Executive Decision-level of shocker at the time.

I wonder how they packaged that role for Seagal in order to satisfy his ego.

Cool movie. Loved it at the time, watched it another time or two throughout the years, would gladly watch again. LL Cool J's scene in the kitchen area with his bird and the shark was absolute gold.

anigif_original-grid-image-13637-1383235640-11-gif.469993
Awesome movie!

Fantastic movie.
I love the idea of shark movies but they rarely deliver and thus film is still fun.

Yeah open water 1 was the best shark movie after Jaws. I didn't watch the second one yet

Jaws 2 is an underappreciated sequel. It was a complete ripoff and rehash, but it was a good rehash and that's something that's easier said than done.

Whatever the third best shark movie is, however, it is a big drop off from Jaws 2. It might even be Jaws 3, and that's a pretty sad state of affairs.
Jaws 2 was all worth it just for this shot
maxresdefault.jpg

That Samuel Jackson motivational speech was the best thing ever. Fuck even I was convinced! "Hell yeah Samuel you guys kick those sharks asses." - My guard was totally down and then

you know what happened

Open Water 2 didn't even have a shark in it. Definitely not a shark movie, lol..

The Reef is by far the most realistic shark movie I've seen, based on a true story, too.

Deep Blue Sea was great for what it was though.

Saw the first theatrical viewing of the movie, LL Cool J was there as well as the director who warned the audience that the cgi wasn't completely finished in one scene. Turned out to be in the end when the main chick was eaten, the shark was a just a 3D skeleton lol we were all like wtf

Saw the first theatrical viewing of the movie, LL Cool J was there as well as the director who warned the audience that the cgi wasn't completely finished in one scene. Turned out to be in the end when the main chick was eaten, the shark was a just a 3D skeleton lol we were all like wtf
I remember reading something like they had alternates where LL Cool J was supposed to die and the girl supposed to live but test audiences applauded when she died

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sosadus
Back