UFN 140 Ponzinibbio vs Magny

Anyone like Fabinski vs prazeres? Prazeres is a small welterweight and Fabinski looks pretty relentless and with a good gastank, I like him at dog odds.
The thing with Fabinski is that he didnt face that level of competition, look who he beat in his last fights.. Meek has no tdd, and Prazerez faced already good wrestlers like Kevin Lee for example, He beat Desmond Green too. Im with heart on Fabinski but this will be a hard fight for him.

I'm on Fabinski here. This should be a close fight at worse. And this is coming from a guy who avoided the Cummings circle jerk in the Prazeres fight.

Short Notice:
- Ian Heinisch, in for Tom Breese vs. Cezar Ferreira [1 day notice]
- Anderson dos Santos, in for Enrique Barzola/Sergio Giglio vs. Nad Narimani [2 days notice]
- Ricardo Lamas vs. Darren Elkins [announced 2 weeks ago]
- Alexandre Pantoja vs. Ulka Sasaki [announced 2 weeks ago]
- Humberto Bandenay vs. Austin Arnett [announced 2 weeks ago]
- Laureano Staropoli vs. Hector Aldana [announced 2 weeks ago]
- Jesus Pinedo in for Claudio Puelles, vs. Devin Powell [3 weeks notice]

Ring Rust:
- Santiago Ponzinibbio 336 days
- Cynthia Calvillo 322 days (9 month suspension for marijuana)
- Laureano Staropoli 525 days

Returning from TKO loss:
- Humberto Bandenay in May (via Benitez)
- Aldana in June (via Song)

Returning from Injury:
- Santiago Ponzinibbio Hand Injury (via training for Usman in May)

UFC debut:
- Johnny Walker (Dana White's Contender Series won via UD)
- Ian Heinisch (Dana White's Contender Series won via TKO)
- Laureano Staropoli
- Jesus Pinedo
- Anderson Dos Santos

http://www.ufc.com/news/On-the-Rise-Buenos-Aires-Edition?id=

Johnny Walker

This six-foot-five Brazilian was born in Rio de Janeiro, but currently fights out of Southampton, England

Ian Heinisch

Like Walker, Heinisch impressed on the Contender Series, registering an impressive first-round stoppage win over Justin Sumter that extended his winning streak to three and pushed his record to 11-1 overall.

One of four former LFA middleweight titleholders currently on the UFC roster, Heinisch is also part of the crew from Factory X that has been on an absolute roll as of late inside the Octagon, so while he’s making the trip to Argentina — and his first walk into the UFC cage — on short notice, he has been in the gym helping myriad high-level teammates get ready for their bouts and should be ready to go on Saturday night.

For anyone that can translate

Last edited:
For anyone who can translate

From August - Vera said he's the face of South American fighting and wants to fight on the Argentina card.

lol at ponz itd -190, acting like he's some world beater with massive KO power...

marlon vera dec +250 looks good.

Interview from Sept - first time UFC has been there, I'm the main event, puts pressure on me to perform, the UFC offered this fight, so I gave up the Alex Oliveira August fight to main event this card, the UFC wanted to be cautious, so they told me to pick, I've fought all around the world, excited to prove myself against the top 10, there are some areas I know I can outwork him and get the win that way, I'll get the finish, I'll be too much for him

Excited to be back, I've been focused and training, the athletic commission wanted to make a example of me, gave me 9 months, allowed my body to heal, I train 24/7, I didn't take any time off, she's tough, ex champion, she's one of the toughest and I love that, I'm a better grappler, wrestler, she might have good TDD because of her size, strength, she likes coming forwards, not backwards, so I need to use my footwork and not get caught, should be a good night for me, last fight I had a certain plan and it messed me up, I didn't make adjustments, on the ground, it wasn't a close match, the stand up was a lot closer that I needed it to be, I wanted to show my standup and power, but I didn't adjust and lost the fight, this fight I'll make the adjustments, it's unfortunate I don't have Buchholz at TAM, but he's still my main coach, I still work with him, whatever she gives me I'll capitalize, I will get sub or GNP, my advantage is my BJJ

Train 3 times a day, got married in July, UFC needed a main event, so they pulled me from the Oliveira fight, I tried to fight both, he's a great striker, fighting in his backyard, I'm excited, training with Dober and Velickovic at Elevation Fight Team, didn't need to go anywhere else, meet him in the middle, longer the fight goes, the better it's for me

I'm an all year round athlete, last fight I wasn't making adjustments, I wanted to showcase my standup and made it a close fight, this layoff, my body and mind healed, she's tough, big, goes hard, I'll use my footwork and my grappling, training everything is the same, still working with Buchholz, I'm lucky he can still work with me, 15 hour travel time, get there Sunday to adjust, Cannetti is at TAM and Narimani and Elkins, Cannetti is from Argentina, we're invading, I will make the adjustments, I'm excited to get back in and showcase, just go out and have fun, I would love to fight in WWE, I did alot of hiking this camp, I feel strong with nature, it has healing powers

Finish the year strong, training really hard BJJ and wrestling, over 10 fights in UFC, they will be rooting for their boy, expecting a battle, he's short, explosive, I have ground game, kicks, range, keep it simple, I don't cut alot of weight, f*ck weight cuts, training with short southpaws, coaches keep me focused, I bring the balls, just fight, it's not that hard, I love to fight, I've been in wars, work hard and be humble

Pretape from what I remember about Vera is that he’s an underachiever and can be a bit lackadaisical, giving rds away. He doesn’t seem to get any urgency until late in fights.

The thing with Fabinski is that he didnt face that level of competition, look who he beat in his last fights.. Meek has no tdd, and Prazerez faced already good wrestlers like Kevin Lee for example, He beat Desmond Green too. Im with heart on Fabinski but this will be a hard fight for him.
Fabinski knocked some rust off vs meek.

Prazeres usually has weight issues. They haven’t really affected him yet but fabinski is going to wrestle and prazeres cardio will be tested

Fabinski knocked some rust off vs meek.

Prazeres usually has weight issues. They haven’t really affected him yet but fabinski is going to wrestle and prazeres cardio will be tested

His weight issues were at 155, but yeah, cardio could come into play here for sure. The guy is as wide as he is tall and wrestling with a welterweight will be more draining than usual.

Prazeres interview:

-I've been training hard for 4 months....stand up fighting and jiu jitsu
-My oponnent comes from Judo and Wrestling but I'm also very good on that.
-My strategy is make him stay on the botton and not me.
-I've been practing a lot of cardio and strenght
-Training is being hard and diet too. I'm without salt and sugar and this is being tough for me. (love açai but can't eat right now).
-Making weight now is easier for me but I'm very small for the WW. This is probably my last fight on this weightclass. I have way more chances of being a champ on LW.

Ponzinibio interview (from september and don't say a lot about this fight).

- Very happy for fighting in my hometown and in the main event
- Believe he is close to the title shot and a win puts him in a top5 but focus right now is on Magny
- Says good things about Woodley (interview was just after Woodley vs Till): Very powerful and smart fighter.

Prazeres interview:

-I've been training hard for 4 months....stand up fighting and jiu jitsu
-My oponnent comes from Judo and Wrestling but I'm also very good on that.
-My strategy is make him stay on the botton and not me.
-I've been practing a lot of cardio and strenght
-Training is being hard and diet too. I'm without salt and sugar and this is being tough for me. (love açai but can't eat right now).
-Making weight now is easier for me but I'm very small for the WW. This is probably my last fight on this weightclass. I have way more chances of being a champ on LW.
Another brazilian here?

Portuguese: Se sim, sou brasileiro, carioca e sempre to ajudando os gringos por aqui.

Last edited:
Back