UFN 140 Ponzinibbio vs Magny

Training at Lauzon's, coach Sunday mornings, was an extra in a movie, the coaches that train me have full time jobs, I keep asking for fights close so my family can see, but UFC is giving me these ones, going Sat so a couple days early to acclimatize, I had to pay for 3 flights out of pocket, it was crazy, paying for my coaches, I told the UFC I'd take this fight, if we re-up my contract, so this is a new 4 fight contract now, I was in physical therapy after my last fight trying to get healthy, alot of pressure when you fight, everything has been so much better in training, new opponent is more aggressive on the feet, he's 6 feet, lefty, aggressive, brown belt, I've fought a lefty before, it is what it is, now doing strength and conditioning, feel way stronger, better cardio, I'll throw heat and show I'm different than fighters he's fought

I've trained with Elkins in the past, I know how tough he is, I put in the work, expecting a war, he has a big heat, stay sharp, don't get into a brawl, wrestled in high school, first time I've loss two in a row, keep improving and believing in myself, stay technical and not punch myself out, first time in South America, the cut sucks but forces me to stay healthy, I have UFC gym, I help people to reach their fitness goals, I run BJJ and MMA class, a little bit for everybody, 12 hour trip, weight is good, I'm a pro

Horrible, horrible card for betting. When props come out I expect Sasaki by sub to be 8.00 odds, that's worth a stab. He is a true wizard on the mat.

And there it is. This is wrong every time haha

Found out 4 weeks ago, I train all year round, easy to get in shape fast, 24 hour travel day, it's going to be a long day, sikjitsu everyone has a fight, so getting a corner has been tough, my dad and a training partner for my corner, first time in South America, last fight I was thinking too much, I was too technical and I played Dawodu's game, be aggressive get a KO, nothing to lose, that's all I can do, he likes to strike, left kicks, I'm confident, living with Chiesa, George Lockhart will be down there helping me, I'll match him down, watch out for left kick

Had a good camp.
Happy that he could get so fast another fight after Meek, so he could keep his trainingrythm.
He will return to Poland already on sunday but he also wants to see something in Buenos Aires.
He trained with the top of Poland in preparation for this fight.
A lot of good fighters came for sparrings to WCA (his gym), he also visited other gyms.
Some sparrings went better than others.
He doesn't watches training clips of his opponents, generally not interested in his opponents social media.
But he watched the last fights of his opponent.

Flies a week before the fight to argentina
Strong opponent with a good record
Likes the challenge
Don't thinks that it will have some kind of impact that his oppenent is regularly fighting while he had a long break (before the Meek fight).
Trained mainly in WCA but also visited other gyms.
Didn't knew that Ben Askren signed with the UFC.
It was obvious that Jones would return and Blachowicz has to wait and see how the situation around LHW evolves.
Prazeres has a good stand up with and hits hard with his right even though he has no KO wins, has good kicks , thinks that Prazeres is a universal fighter.
Normal weight cut, doesn't expect problems but still has some weight to cut.

Last edited:
great prices:
Pinedo ko +265
Walker rd 2 +800, rd 3 +1425

good prices:
Lamas dec +122
Canneti dec +395, def playing his +3.5
Pantoja dec +165
Badenday dec +350
Narimani dec +150

Trying to shake off jet lag, I was supposed to get on Denver card, I got turned down by everyone I called out, I trained like I was going to fight on Denver, then I got this call 3 days ago, it's great, Factory X is doing great, I've been training, where he is weak, I am strong, I want to keep this fight standing, and if we go to the ground, it's on my terms, I have american wrestling, it will be tough for him to take him down, I can take him down, I've fought a series of black belts, I do really well against BJJ guys, Krause, McGee are in there as well, all different looks, this will catapult my career, put pressure on him, a brawl, first round finish, I will take what's mine, first round finish, ready for a war

Another brazilian here?

Portuguese: Se sim, sou brasileiro, carioca e sempre to ajudando oa gringos por aqui.

Yes! Another one :)

Sou de São Paulo. Leio o forum e aposto ha algum tempo mas só agora me cadastrei.

great prices:
Pinedo ko +265
Walker rd 2 +800, rd 3 +1425

good prices:
Lamas dec +122
Canneti dec +395, def playing his +3.5
Pantoja dec +165
Badenday dec +350
Narimani dec +150
Lamas decision at + odds is gold! I got him at +105 and Im happy.

Elkins is a though MOFO.. zero quits and has skills. Also I think Lamas best days are behind him and wont be surprised to see him pointfight here to shake that 2 fight losing skid off.

Lamas decision at + odds is gold! I got him at +105 and Im happy.

Elkins is a though MOFO.. zero quits and has skills. Also I think Lamas best days are behind him and wont be surprised to see him pointfight here to shake that 2 fight losing skid off.
Sure he is but also consider he's taking some life changing beatings in his last few fights. "The Damage" meter will overfill eventually and he'll stop being able to out tough some hard shots ala Diego Sanchez. Lamas TKO +415 has a bit of value imo.

Sure he is but also consider he's taking some life changing beatings in his last few fights. "The Damage" meter will overfill eventually and he'll stop being able to out tough some hard shots ala Diego Sanchez. Lamas TKO +415 has a bit of value imo.

I tend to agree and I think Lamas is underrated as a finisher. I remember his KO line getting up around +1000 against Knight, which was insane. Although, he does love his guillotine attempts so I think sub is a possibility here too.

I tend to agree and I think Lamas is underrated as a finisher. I remember his KO line getting up around +1000 against Knight, which was insane. Although, he does love his guillotine attempts so I think sub is a possibility here too.
True but imo still less likely than a tko considering those TAM guys (dont care what they're called now itll always be TAM to me lol) love a good guillotine.

Also fun fact, Lamas is 0-3 vs tam iirc. Emmett, Mendes, Castillo.

I see Heinisch has three KO finishes in 2018. Somehow Mutante went from sparked and chinny in 14/15 to a seemingly durable decision fighter. Knowing next to nothing about the replacement I still think I'm ready to fade his chin again. Especially at +150.

I see Heinisch has three KO finishes in 2018. Somehow Mutante went from sparked and chinny in 14/15 to a seemingly durable decision fighter. Knowing next to nothing about the replacement I still think I'm ready to fade his chin again. Especially at +150.

I think Heinish's success is based on him being confident in having the grappling advantage. I think Mutante has the edge here, so i doubt he will be overly concerned with the wrestling and will be more concerned about the overhand right, which is very telegraphed and only lands because guys are paranoid about the TDs.

Wow I have to say Aldana is the best play of this card, good odds and high chance to win.

How come the lines always move on the guys that Sherdog hypes? Something is sketchy as I don't recall any big whales (big enough to make a difference on the money movement) on this board. Lurkers?

Yea. I rode the Elkins wave for all it was worth but he’s gotten the dog shit beat out of him in his last few fights. A guy can only take so many beatings like that. Think this will be the first fight in a while that I’m not on elkins as the dog

How come the lines always move on the guys that Sherdog hypes? Something is sketchy as I don't recall any big whales (big enough to make a difference on the money movement) on this board. Lurkers?
A bunch of us have outreach on twitter and the like. Also MMA lines really don't need that much to move on, especially near-openers.

Back