A Close Up of Ronda's Punching Technique

Saw this while I was making another thread this evening, and wanted to share.

How did Deadmond not pick up the signs? These still shots highlight the poor coaching skills
of Mr. Tarverdyan.

Screen shots taken from Ronda's Pantene commercial:

Actual progression of the punch - starting with first curled in next to shoulder. Finishing with back of hand striking with a downward motion. Eyes closed.
15799932_10155677436469148_1995962542248721803_o.jpg

Wrist rotated and back of hand making contact.
15774847_10155677436319148_5830520864410755157_o.jpg

Shoulder tucked up against the ear.
15844683_10155677436519148_2298939363026038099_o.jpg

Excellent striking/boxing coach.
edmond-tarverdyan.jpg

HEAD MEUVMENT
HEAD MEUVMENT
HEAD MEUVMENT!!
HEAD MOVEMENT!!!!!

Whenever I think back on Ronda I just think what a not-natural at all fighter. Some people just have that fight instinct and ability to pick up new things. She didn't have that. She had her Judo and some basic ground grappling.

And she was strong. But that's it.
How was she boxing up Olympic gold medalists in the gym then? o_O

At 56 seconds you can see th, world class footwork no wonder she was dropping champs with body shots, Edmond Bless.

Last edited:
He wanted her to lose, brought her up, trained her wrong, let her crush bums to make all the feminists throw money at her, then cashed in betting big money on Holly.
8xhWhJDoHxTOw.gif
--Evil genius

Nop, he's just that bad

mannn she's gonna get roasted so hard as usual. :p

Whenever I think back on Ronda I just think what a not-natural at all fighter. Some people just have that fight instinct and ability to pick up new things. She didn't have that. She had her Judo and some basic ground grappling.

And she was strong. But that's it.

We agree at last lol

I reckon she could still beat Cain Velasquez though (in the WWE)

There's less of a size difference than between Floyd and Big Show

I think the point people keep missing when looking for why R. Honda was so bad is that she is functionally retarded. She simply isn't able to learn anything new unless it is beaten into her 24/7 over a long time like when her mom would quasi-mug/rape her in her sleep.

Edmundo clearly tried to teach her at least a few things, but she just couldn't pick them up. He screamed head movement to remind her of what they practiced. He didn't say it like it was something she never heard of. Also, there was a clip of them on pads and she was supposed to move her head. She didn't and Edmundo moved the pad over her while rolling his eyes, maybe looking toward the ceiling slightly.

Plus, you have her gross inability to handle unscripted questions and general special ed emotional capacity.

boxed for over 10 years under a pro boxer, don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

and yet STILL

SHOCKINGLY

i stay with my original statement

that her jab and left hook doesn't look that bad for the level she was at

you little bitch
What a moron.

Back