Are you passionate about what you do?

Hatake88

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey all

What is your job and do you enjoy what you do? What meaning have you found in your job and do you think it is important to be passionate in your profession?

I am interested in hearing your answers as I should technically be very happy - I graduated last year with a job many longed for. My job is seen as prestigious, pays well and has upward mobility. However, I find myself hating it as I find the work to be meaningless. All I do day in day out is to help companies obtain loans - I have no control over how the companies will use the money they get and my job is not helping anyone in need. I desperately want to go somewhere else but, whenever I mention it, I get told I'm "ungrateful" or "that's how things always are" and I end up feeling stupid and drained.

But then...let's be honest...apart from martial arts, I don't really know what I am truly passionate about either. I am a banker btw. Highly qualified on paper - not so much for life.

I'm an art photographer and yes I'm passionate about that aspect of it, not always quite as passionate about the business side of things.

Last edited:
Hell No. BUT I take Pride in anything I do and bust my ass when I have JOB to do.

giphy.gif

Fuck no! My girlfriend is the opposite and it's ruining us! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hell No. BUT I take Pride in anything I do and bust my ass when I have JOB to do.
<PlusJuan> This. I work 10 hours a day and make good money but it definitely wasn't my passion nor is it currently. I'm a provider tho

Strangling hookers used to be my passion, but like everything, once you make it into business then it becomes boring like any other job.

Law Enforcement. Absolutely love what I do, and love the fact that it provides for my Family.

The red tape is always annoying, though.

I have had a role which prominently caters around the 1998 data protection before being updated to the GDPR. I would like to proceed to study in to the data management.

yes. you should see me multi-task-fap.

Hey all

What is your job and do you enjoy what you do? What meaning have you found in your job and do you think it is important to be passionate in your profession?

I am interested in hearing your answers as I should technically be very happy - I graduated last year with a job many longed for. My job is seen as prestigious, pays well and has upward mobility. However, I find myself hating it as I find the work to be meaningless. All I do day in day out is to help companies obtain loans - I have no control over how the companies will use the money they get and my job is not helping anyone in need. I desperately want to go somewhere else but, whenever I mention it, I get told I'm "ungrateful" or "that's how things always are" and I end up feeling stupid and drained.

But then...let's be honest...apart from martial arts, I don't really know what I am truly passionate about either. I am a banker btw. Highly qualified on paper - not so much for life.

Sometimes you realize working very hard for something only to realize the enjoyable part was the challenge of getting there to begin with.

Its not the destination its the journey mannnnn

I am a banker btw. Highly qualified on paper - not so much for life.

Hi. I am also a banker, and I love it. I'm in research, where we turn information into money and destroy a bunch of lives in the process. Fortunately, I had my conscience removed so I don't lose any sleep over the megadeaths that we're indirectly responsible for.

yes I do. but its hardly my dream job. But I still work hard and take more pride in my work than most of my coworkers

Back