Thread Prefix Tags are now Active in the War Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going well

:mad: Im no fan of the tags.

Vote Lowman/Hockey and we'll fight tirelessly to remove the tags from our war room and build a wall the Mayberry will pay for to keep them out

Well congrats to everyone who wanted to run me off. This is just too much for my pea brain

Well congrats to everyone who wanted to run me off. This is just too much for my pea brain
This is your fault mods, I hope you guys are happy now. Never trust the Deep State.

Vote Lowman/Hockey and we'll fight tirelessly to remove the tags from our war room and build a wall the Mayberry will pay for to keep them out

I wasn't aware you were on the lowman ticket. This is tricky. You + @Cubo de Sangre would be a pretty good administration. Throw @irish_thug into the mix.

Decisions will have to be made.

The tags are not only pointless, but hurt the eyes.

I'll vote for the first person who vows to eliminate them in the POTWR election.

I do like that opinion pieces will be marked "Opinion" on the front page with a big ugly yellow tag. It practically says "stinky, runny shit in here."

I do like that opinion pieces will be marked "Opinion" on the front page with a big ugly yellow tag. It practically says "stinky, runny shit in here."

Do you think it's the color that make it rough to deal with? There are a variety of options that could be chosen from:
687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f343347534131572e706e67

Do you think it's the color that make it rough to deal with? There are a variety of options that could be chosen from:
687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f343347534131572e706e67

Yeah that's partly it. I think the blue for "Law" has a really bad contrast with the color palette of the forum and strains my eyes - compared to the blue for mod names which isn't as abrasive (I've always thought the blue Mod belts were rough though).

The yellow looks okay. I think if you guys at least stay away from primary red/green/blue it'll be alright. Right now it looks like a box of Fruity Pebbles out there.

Yeah that's partly it. I think the blue for "Law" has a really bad contrast with the color palette of the forum and strains my eyes - compared to the blue for mod names which isn't as abrasive (I've always thought the blue Mod belts were rough though).

The yellow looks okay. I think if you guys at least stay away from primary red/green/blue it'll be alright. Right now it looks like a box of Fruity Pebbles out there.

What theme do you currently use (dark or white)? Do you think a lighter blue fixes the problem?

First impression I really hate it, but will give it time. I deeply hated the new skin at first, and now I only hate it in a sort of average hate kind of way. I think that in time I'll be able to comfortably loathe these tags, like a simmering moderate sort of hate.

What theme do you currently use (dark or white)? Do you think a lighter blue fixes the problem?

Good point with the themes; I use the dark theme because I'm a huge halloween fan.

A lighter blue would probably be preferable to that solid blue. Just looking at the Twitter logo in the bottom-left of the website and it doesn't look too shabby. So that's probably a good place to start. I'd have to toy with some colors to really see what would work for the tags such that it wasn't too distracting, didn't diverge too much from the theme but still had enough variety.

Any chance those options could be exposed to users? I'd guess not since it's probably controlled by the theme, yeah?

First impression I really hate it, but will give it time. I deeply hated the new skin at first, and now I only hate it in a sort of average hate kind of way. I think that in time I'll be able to comfortably loathe these tags, like a simmering moderate sort of hate.

I liked this post, but only because that was another thing that I deeply hated but have kind of embraced.

I even like posts I don't really like, just to throw people off.

Good point with the themes; I use the dark theme because I'm a huge halloween fan.

A lighter blue would probably be preferable to that solid blue. Just looking at the Twitter logo in the bottom-left of the website and it doesn't look too shabby. So that's probably a good place to start. I'd have to toy with some colors to really see what would work for the tags such that it wasn't too distracting, didn't diverge too much from the theme but still had enough variety.

Any chance those options could be exposed to users? I'd guess not since it's probably controlled by the theme, yeah?

I posted a screenshot of the white theme above. Maybe I can get jei to show what that same shot looks like with the dark theme.

Right now it looks like a box of Fruity Pebbles out there.
flol

I think the major problem is that nothing goes with orange, honestly.

Also, for whatever reason the bold colors look fine in the notifications drop-down

Yea, I remember hating the migration entirely but now some features with this software I couldn't live with out. We probably will keep this out for a week or so while getting feedback and assess from there. Nothing is permanent yet and we want to try to get as many people okay or happy with everything before considering finalizing it. It could go away.

I'm trying to go back and add them to older threads. You can click on the prefixes and see the forums threads with other those topics which I think some posters would really like. For example, I've noticed most of the threads I like to read through are "Elections" or "Law" while I hardly enjoy "Social" or "Crime"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back