UFN 142 Dos Santos vs Tuivasa

One observation about Hunt's wins that jumped on me out of the page is that you kinda have to really suck at boxing for him to take advantage of you. And in combination with that, you must not have other ways to level the playing field. Like wrestling or sneaky fake for TD and then a knee (Werdum). Hunt is not a lock to beat someone that can match him boxing. I thing Big Pretty has hands. May not be the best hands, but I think he's better than Frank Mir, and he is not shopworn 37 year old, he is relatively fresh 31 and has a reach on him - 82, might come in handy.

I changed my mind about JDS' fight, but still think Hunt-Willis is a fifty-fifty contest. And one last thing - how many fighters retire on a win? It does not happen all that often. Sad, but true.

One observation about Hunt's wins that jumped on me out of the page is that you kinda have to really suck at boxing for him to take advantage of you. And in combination with that, you must not have other ways to level the playing field. Like wrestling or sneaky fake for TD and then a knee (Werdum). Hunt is not a lock to beat someone that can match him boxing. I thing Big Pretty has hands. May not be the best hands, but I think he's better than Frank Mir, and he is not shopworn 37 year old, he is relatively fresh 31 and has a reach on him - 82, might come in handy.

I changed my mind about JDS' fight, but still think Hunt-Willis is a fifty-fifty contest. And one last thing - how many fighters retire on a win? It does not happen all that often. Sad, but true.
I look at it this way, I think pretty much all Willis has is boxing. He doesn't have great kicks to my recollection, or takedowns, or BJJ. He has boxing and some power, right? It's not even like he has faced good opponents like Hunt has. That's the kind of fighter that Mark Hunt beats, so even at 44 years old I think this is a good matchup for Hunt.

Just the fact that Willis has some good hands should deter anyone from betting Hunt to beat him.
You are walking on a narrow path to victory here. We are talking some advantage in the technique, and more UFC expirience but that's about it. All that "advantage" can be trumped by some punch slipping through and knock Hunt down, or him getting tired or whatever you can think about. The gap in the skills department is not wide enough to say for sure Hunt gets this win. The only guys Hunt had easy wins over hystorically are people that are much worse than Willis in boxing. And we are talking much younger Hunt.
As a bet Hunt is a no no.

Anderson Silva is 3.87 vs Adesanya at my bookie, slightly disrespectful but Izzy will wreck him

Hunt will win by dec. Big pretty will be limping outta the octagon.
Just the fact that Willis has some good hands should deter anyone from betting Hunt to beat him.
You are walking on a narrow path to victory here. We are talking some advantage in the technique, and more UFC expirience but that's about it. All that "advantage" can be trumped by some punch slipping through and knock Hunt down, or him getting tired or whatever you can think about. The gap in the skills department is not wide enough to say for sure Hunt gets this win. The only guys Hunt had easy wins over hystorically are people that are much worse than Willis in boxing. And we are talking much younger Hunt.
As a bet Hunt is a no no.
can you post up your bets? I am interested to see what you bet?

Alright you guys talked me into betting Hunto. I told myself I wouldn't bet him again after I went fairly big on him vs Oleynik thinking it was a good matchup for him and he shit the bed big time.

Good luck everyone!

UFN 142 Adelaide face-offs: Bear Jew looks huge compared to Jim Crute.

I look at it this way, I think pretty much all Willis has is boxing. He doesn't have great kicks to my recollection, or takedowns, or BJJ. He has boxing and some power, right? It's not even like he has faced good opponents like Hunt has. That's the kind of fighter that Mark Hunt beats, so even at 44 years old I think this is a good matchup for Hunt.

Don't sleep on Willis' wrestling

Accurate, not disrespectful.
It is going to be so interesting to see how Anderson approaches this fight.. I don't know if he has ever fought a striker like izzy. Anderson is a champion and he will work out a way he thinks will get the job done. Wouldn't be surprised if this one goes to the ground.

UFN 142 Adelaide face-offs: Bear Jew looks huge compared to Jim Crute.

Couldn't really make out everything Tony Martin was saying but I heard
"You won't last one round"
"Spooked, you're f**king scared I can see it, I can smell it on you"

Jake Matthews is a puss for shaking his hand afterwards too. Matthews seems like a nice guy but maybe too nice. Still showed respect to the Leech after he tried to gouge his eyes out SMH

It is going to be so interesting to see how Anderson approaches this fight.. I don't know if he has ever fought a striker like izzy. Anderson is a champion and he will work out a way he thinks will get the job done. Wouldn't be surprised if this one goes to the ground.
IMO Israel just distance-strikes him at a sedate pace for 3 rounds, then it goes to a coinflip split decision for no good reason.

Still showed respect to the Leech after he tried to gouge his eyes out SMH
He was a pussy not to complain about that eye gouging. I get that somebody may think not complaining looks more "professional", or he looks like the "bigger man". Fuck being the bigger man in those situations, it's a serious matter. This is a big foul, it's not something small. And he could've win the fight right then and there. His eyesight might been compromised till the end of the fight.
Not complaining and not even trying to foul Li in return is odd to me.

He was a pussy not to complain about that eye gouging. I get that somebody may think not complaining looks more "professional", or he looks like the "bigger man". Fuck being the bigger man in those situations, it's a serious matter. This is a big foul, it's not something small. And he could've win the fight right then and there. His eyesight might been compromised till the end of the fight.
Yeah I agree, it was a terrible foul, one of the worst I've seen in recent memory. I fully expected Matthews to be livid about it and found it very strange when he wasn't, he carried on as if nothing happened and was respectful after the fight ended.

And today he's shaking hands and being friendly with the guy that is talking mad shit to him

Maybe his vision wasnt damaged and thats why he didnt complain ;)

Back