Asked a friend via text if he'd been to Top Golf, immediately getting ads for Top Golf on Youtube

Your phones read your texts and listen all the time. Flag key words and then target ads to you.

This is why I only communicate to others through a series of tin cans attached to strings.
It's how I "typed" this post up just now.

I posted this in another thread but...was reading the would you let your wife go out in just yoga pants thread?

Later on there's an advert for Fabletics 2 pairs of leggings for 24 pounds . Can only think it's related somehow to that thread...honest..

I have a fucked up story. I was at a work dinner and was introduced to a guy by our bankers. I didn't get his card and forgot his name. Talked to him for 5 mins.

Get back to my hotel and i open FB and the first friend suggestion I get is that guy. I mean what in the literal fuck!
Similar thing happened to me in San Diego. My friend picked up a chick and next thing you know she's on my recommendation list. Apparently they monitor your location and see you were together that night. Deleted Facebook after that

This is why I had to turn off all sorts of anti-privacy default settings on the Windows 10 computer.

I'm relatively sure my laptops camera is streaming my life on the dark web or something but I'm cool with it and I put on a good show for my viewers

Like, follow, subscribe!

No, it’s not a coincidence. I thought this was well known that our phones are observing everything we do and sharing the information across apps.

I for one welcome our new overlords the Phones.

I'm relatively sure my laptops camera is streaming my life on the dark web or something but I'm cool with it and I put on a good show for my viewers

Like, follow, subscribe!

Go on...
dark-kermit-gif-7272673.gif

I have a fucked up story. I was at a work dinner and was introduced to a guy by our bankers. I didn't get his card and forgot his name. Talked to him for 5 mins.

Get back to my hotel and i open FB and the first friend suggestion I get is that guy. I mean what in the literal fuck!
I have this happened with girls I've barely started dating, I don't even know their last name and next thing you know is "you may know", with 0 friends in common as well.

This is freaking me out. Is it possible it's just a coincidence? Are they really that up in our shit?
If you use your phone for e-mails/ google they have all the info. I get ads for all the stuff I googled since I use a new smart phone. It seems to be synchronized with my Laptop aswell.

I dated some whore a while back who was lying about cheating while I was out of town and for like a month I was getting a bunch of FB articles like "10 signs you're dating a sociopath" and "Education is the top profession for female infidelity" and it also kept friend suggesting the guy she was cheating with.

It doesn't seem to be that consistent though cause I'm not even FB friends with my current gf and it doesn't even send her as a friend suggestion.

You don't think Google or facebook, these giant companies let you use their services for "free" out of the kindness of their heart.

Back in 2014 I had to sue my insurance company because my roof essentially collapsed during a hail storm and they refused to cover it. Got hooked up with a good lawyer from the opposite part of the state with a fairly common name. Fast forward to about a month ago and I'm stretching after BJJ class (phone is on the mat next to me) and a bud of mine is bitching about a similar situation he's going through. I tell him about my experience and recommend my old lawyer. That very afternoon he (the lawyer) showed up in my "People You May Know" on Facebook despite the fact that we live over 1,000 miles away and have no mutual friends.

I was talking about stealing copper from construction site and low and behold i get an ad about copper prices per kilogram

First day on the internet?

Similar thing happened to me in San Diego. My friend picked up a chick and next thing you know she's on my recommendation list. Apparently they monitor your location and see you were together that night. Deleted Facebook after that

I didn't have facebook on my phone. I mentioned this to a friend who works in IT and he told me that FB pays restaurants, hotels and others to scan RFID on credit cards and then does proximity based analytics.

I have this happened with girls I've barely started dating, I don't even know their last name and next thing you know is "you may know", with 0 friends in common as well.

Sure but do you exchange texts or emails? FB's agree policy says they can scan your txts and email. I literally bumped into this guy for a couple of minutes and don't have ANY of his information. No FB on my phone either.

This is freaking me out. Is it possible it's just a coincidence? Are they really that up in our shit?
Nope. Same thing happened today with a buddy. We were talking over discord, the 3 of us, about using Instacart (it's nice having groceries delivered) and my buddy says like 30seconds after the conversation; "I just got a ad on Facebook for instacart?? WTF!". I asked if he googled it or searched it up, he said nope.

It's all recorded folks and if you signed up for facebook you consented to it and Mark Zuckerberg admitted to this shit. Nothing you can do about it.

Ghostery and Privacy Badger will put a stop to that

We've agreed as a society that we're going to live in a fishbowl going forward, and that privacy was a rapidly disappearing fad.

Back