UFC 231 Holloway vs Ortega

The dude who outstruck him cleanly and got caught with an elbow? And who most people were expecting Holloway to completely shit on in the striking?
Oh yeah I forgot, Frankie Edgar is a total can so obviously Ortega’s stand-up is no good & he got lucky with a clean elbow & uppercut on a guy who’s never been finished. You’re clueless.

BS stats on the way~ according to my wins and loss pattern chart, among these fighters

Ortega
Shevchenko
Santos
Olieveira
Dawodu

among these fighters 3 will win and 2 will lose.

With this in mind, my pick is
Holloway, Shevchenko, Manuwa, Olieveria, Dawodu
or
Holloyway, Shevchenko, Santos, Oliveria, Bochiniak

I would consider 165, I will go for the finish as always, RNC is my fav sub, want to fight in March in London

I feel great, first time I've had strength and conditioning coach, ran alot more, cardio is good, fixing my holes and gaps, I won't be looking for the KO, it will come, working on cage defense, I'm bigger, stronger, more explosive, I've seen his style in Machida, his striking is random, I'm calculate and precise, I have two boys and I'm always chasing them around, taking them to practice, I'm a house dad at night

Always pressure? If he always pressured he'd have stomped Machida and Williams
Anders does pressure the majority of the time, he's always the one moving forward, even for a lot of the Santos fight. Anders pressured Machida in their fight but he didn't throw enough strikes, it was a bad performance. Anders was the aggressor vs Willams but didn't really begin pouring on the heat until the 2nd round.

Other than the Machida fight and the 1st round vs Williams I like what I've seen vs Anders and I think he's performed well.

I also don't think Anders footwork is as bad as everyone says, yes it's a bit slow and stiff but he does a decent job of cutting off the cage.

No doubt Anders will be the one pressuring Theodorou. I expect Theodorou to use a lot of movment and throw a lot of kicks, I also think he might try to clinch and attempt TD's, he has the same sort of gameplan everyfight.

Anders should land the more damaging shots and his aggression will look good for the judges, I also think you might see Anders attempt TD's, he's a better athlete than Elias. Anders has good cardio too, I don't care if he gassed vs Santos on 6 days notice, Anders showed a lot of heart and even took Santos' back in the 3rd. Cardio looked good vs Perez and Williams.

Read a bunch of Anders interviews for this fight and he seems very aware of everything concerning this match up

“In all honesty, I don’t think that he’s as cerebral as anybody thinks he is,” Anders said. “I think he’s just random and throws random, goofy stuff, striking-wise. He doesn’t really set anything up. He’s just kind of mashing buttons, if you will.

“I don’t think he brings anything that I haven’t seen before. I definitely feel like I’m better everywhere. On the ground, if I should end up on my back, I’m more than confident I’ll be able to get up or sweep him. If I get on top, I’m more than confident I could finish him with some ground and pound.”

“Just watching films, there are fights that he’s had in Toronto in the same arena that he possibly could’ve lost, but I think that fighting somebody else’s hometown is starting a point down,” he said. “I’ve definitely got some making up to do so I’m coming at him with a lot of volume.

“I feel great. My cardio is great. I feel good and feel sharper. My timing is on. Things are going very well.”

I will end up on Anders fight night. Elias isn't good, 7-2 ufc record is baffling, I wouldn't trust him against any semi able opponent. Anders isn't the most technically sound, but I think his physicality could grind out a decision in this one.

Liking the o1.5 -165 on Lima-Laprise, not like Laprise is some knockout artist, his tko's have come over well lesser strikers, Lima sucks, but his ground game is his weakest aspect, he's semi competent in striking.

Rakic-Clark, Rakic should dominate, but not like he's known for KO power, o1.5 -140.

Might go on the o1.5 on Manuwa-Santos too, think this one will be a 15 min kickboxing fight. FGTD +350 is juicy too.

this my final list for the main card
This is assembled using stats + my own tape + others' opinions.

Holloway
Shevchenko
Manuwa
Oliveira
Bochiniak

I will end up on Anders fight night. Elias isn't good, 7-2 ufc record is baffling, I wouldn't trust him against any semi able opponent. Anders isn't the most technically sound, but I think his physicality could grind out a decision in this one.

Baffling, maybe, but plays to Elias being a smart fighter, knows what to do to win. Couple this with Anders being kind of an idiot. Could be a bad combo for Anders backers.
To be fair, I got Elias really early and might just simply buy out of this one.

The dude who outstruck him cleanly and got caught with an elbow? And who most people were expecting Holloway to completely shit on in the striking?
outstruck him cleanly for 2 minutes lol. mcgregor also outstruck floyd cleanly the first round, so what?

Gunni tko +635. Dudes got some real heavy hips. Could see a mounted gnp stoppage from him here.

Ortega's coach - When I first met Brian, I told him, you have all the skills, the toughness, the heart, what I'm teaching you, you have what it takes, but it takes alot of sacrifice, all those distractions, it has to be wiped out

Ortega - I have no fear in there, it's cake walk (to what I experienced in my youth)

I'm feeling lucky

Ortega sub 3rd or 4rd rd (don't wanna get into details, it's getting boring)

Shev sub 2nd (apart from being a better striker, she's way stronger than jj. you can see this in the mt fights, and i know it's been a long time, but i she trips her like she is nothing. once on the ground, shev's sub game is legit. a sub finish is more likely than a tko finish imo, a decision wouldn't surprise me either)

Cowboy tko 1st (i'm not sold on guni, i think he gets caught)

Santos dec (expect both to be tentative. they both know they got bad chins and i have to side with the younger, more confident guy. santos challenges smith to a rematch)

dawoudu dec (it should be a very close fight, i think judges will help the canadian guy. wouldn't be surprised if bochniak grinds it out)

Ortega is very creative, he isn't setting up his subs like everyone else, he's fluid and dynamic, that's what makes him hard to train for

5 rounds is an advantage for Brian, as you can see in his past, he gets more dangerous as the fight ends

A first time lurker clicking through this thread must think Ortega is some kind of second-coming, demi-god. To those people, if you're out there: he isn't.

2aeqiz8.png

$1057 on the line. Fucking pissed off last night playing poker, was a 90% favorite in a $4600 pot and lost. Said fuck it. Betting the rest of my bal on these fights. And added the patriots giving 8 points.

Let me win gamble gods. Please sherdog pray for me.

Rakic wins inside distance -135

Am I missing something? Is this that soft of a supposed match up for Rakic?

2aeqiz8.png

$1057 on the line. Fucking pissed off last night playing poker, was a 90% favorite in a $4600 pot and lost. Said fuck it. Betting the rest of my bal on these fights. And added the patriots giving 8 points.

<Ellaria01>

2aeqiz8.png

How dare you fade jon jones

Back