2018 PotWR Round 5: The General Election

Sherdog PotWR Round 5: General Election Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a registered voter list.
Vote for @Cubo de Sangre if you want non-partisan, even-handed administration of the sticky thread, as well as other cool stuff.
I like Cubo more than 95% of the posters, but dudes like @Palis supporting him so hard makes me apprehensive. Only because he's a slightly cuntier right wing version of me.
I think Cubo broke into your place and looked through your stuff and has been telling everyone. :)
Dude might want to get himself checked then. Pretty sure I might have banged a homeless chick there.
LOL we have only the best accounting team on the planet imo

Well. Can someone tell me who is winning and by what margins?

I like Cubo more than 95% of the posters, but dudes like @Palis supporting him so hard makes me apprehensive. Only because he's a slightly cuntier right wing version of me.

Dude might want to get himself checked then. Pretty sure I might have banged a homeless chick there.

Well. Can someone tell me who is winning and by what margins?
Lucky is winning at the moment, hard to tell exactly because non-WR votes aren't subtracted from totals. Maybe a 20 vote lead out of almost 200 votes?

tumblr_ph6go7Toxd1u955i8o1_400.png

DOX News Instanalysis

Cubo's Bold Move: Authentic or Tactically Motivated?
by DOX News Anchor JDragon

POTWR candidate Cubo de Sangre has surprised the WR public with a statement in which he stressed that he never intended to be the posterboy of the right, felt that the campaign process forced him into that role, and that from now on he wanted to focus on his platform and bipartisan outreach again.

There are good reasons to believe this statement is heartfelt. Cubo's original campaign focused strongly on a process-oriented platform, and his attempts to seek endorsements from left-wing and centrist posters are documented. The recent mudslinging contest, also involving his wife in the periphery, certainly caused stress and spill-over that he cannot have liked - and the optics of his involvement were not good for neutral observers.

At the same time, Cubo is now firmly entrenched as the darling of the right. While some right-wing WR citizens have made the leap of faith to support luckyshot, his core support team now consists of hard right wing citizens and even Palis Analytica. Luckyshot has inaccurately been framed as a radical left-winger, which Cubo did not push himself, but had also not worked against. The deed is done, the narratives have been established. From this point of view, Cubo now has nothing to lose in terms of right-wing appeal, but to gain from centrists and long-time War Room citizens.

And then there also is the long game. Not only would Cubo, an independent thinker, hate to be assigned to a camp too firmly in the public eye, but there also is the issue of how he is supposed to achieve his goals as POTWR if he completely alienates the centrist and left-wing portions of the War Room. He'd have won, but lost the ability to do what he set out to do, rendering his reign empty and meaningless.

In the end, it is likely a mixture of emotional and tactical aspects that made him go this way. It remains to be seen whether he will be successful. The numbers favor Cubo down the line despite a narrow luckyshot lead. But what is most important to me here: irrespective of who wins, we are likely to get the best POTWR to date. Sure, they will have to deliver. But that is still reason to celebrate already.

Lucky is winning at the moment, hard to tell exactly because non-WR votes aren't subtracted from totals. Maybe a 20 vote lead?

It's easy to tell if you even Excel [<cena1}

tumblr_ph6go7Toxd1u955i8o1_400.png

DOX News Instanalysis

Cubo's Bold Move: Authentic or Tactically Motivated?
by DOX News Anchor JDragon

POTWR candidate Cubo de Sangre has surprised the WR public with a statement in which he stressed that he never intended to be the posterboy of the right, felt that the campaign process forced him into that role, and that from now on he wanted to focus on his platform and bipartisan outreach again.

There are good reasons to believe this statement is heartfelt. Cubo's original campaign focused strongly on a process-oriented platform, and his attempts to seek endorsements from left-wing and centrist posters are documented. The recent mudslinging contest, also involving his wife in the periphery, certainly caused stress and spill-over that he cannot have liked - and the optics of his involvement were not good for neutral observers.

At the same time, Cubo is now firmly entrenched as the darling of the right. While some right-wing WR citizens have made the leap of faith to support luckyshot, his core support team now consists of hard right wing citizens and even Palis Analytica. Luckyshot has inaccurately been framed as a radical left-winger, which Cubo did not push himself, but had also not worked against. The deed is done, the narratives have been established. From this point of view, Cubo now has nothing to lose in terms of right-wing appeal, but to gain from centrists and long-time War Room citizens.

And then there also is the long game. Not only would Cubo, an independent thinker, hate to be assigned to a camp too firmly in the public eye, but there also is the issue of how he is supposed to achieve his goals as POTWR if he completely alienates the centrist and left-wing portions of the War Room. He'd have won, but lost the ability to do what he set out to do, rendering his reign empty and meaningless.

In the end, it is likely a mixture of emotional and tactical aspects that made him go this way. It remains to be seen whether he will be successful. The numbers favor Cubo down the line despite a narrow luckyshot lead. But what is most important to me here: irrespective of who wins, we are likely to get the best POTWR to date. Sure, they will have to deliver. But that is still reason to celebrate already.
Isn't it funny and fitting all the"news" networks here voted for cuckyshot?

Nice integrity

I am skeptical about this. As far as I know the posts are still up and there was no mod note about linking to them.

Just ask @Lead if you think I'm making it up. Certain parts of Sherdog are effectively forum confidential.

Putting aside the description of me (I suspect you're not familiar with my views), ideology doesn't really matter for the purposes of this (at least, IMO, I recognize that Cubo voters disagree). I think Lucky will provide the best sticky. By casting his lot in with the Palis/SBJJ/Starman/Farmer Br0wn types while also indicating that defenses of higher education and rule of law are not welcome, I think that Cubo has made it clear that he's not interested in real discussion and simply wants to create an echo chamber. Lucky has a clear point of view, but also a clear preference for reasoned discussion, and I think that's the way to go with the sticky.

I should say that I had hope that Cubo would aim higher, and he seems to have admitted that he messed up and made a pure identity play, but he ended his apology with a call for votes, which kind of invalidated the whole thing.

I am familiar with your points of view, Jack. We had a brief discussion about issues in the last round, and I've been reading your posts all year (even during the time when you had me on "ignore"). I know where you stand on the issues. I even understand your reasoning because I used to be a Democrat. At this stage in my life, as a husband, father, professional, businessowner, and news junkie, I simply realized that I lean Conservative.

Cubo simply stated that he doesn't want the campaign to be so negative. He was attacked with vicious personal insults by someone from the Luckyshot campaign (though, to be fair, no by Lucky himself). They done him dirty, but we're past it. IMO the people ought to elect Cubo.

That's our word. You Lefties must come up with your own terminology to describe your opposition.

Settle down snowflake, don't embarrass @Cubo de Sangre. I get it, you are now a Cubo NPC. He walked up and grabbed you by the nut sack, and that wasn't ok. You shouldn't sit there and let him get away with that sort of behavior, don't hide in your safe space.

It's strange how this election is actually a microcosm of our national elections—media and all.

Not sure whether you've been around two years ago, this year doesn't even come close in terms of how meta it was

Settle down snowflake, don't embarrass @Cubo de Sangre. I get it, you are now a Cubo NPC. He walked up and grabbed you by the nut sack, and that wasn't ok. You shouldn't sit there and let him get away with that sort of behavior, don't hide in your safe space.
Thank you for your confidence, Mr. Lowman. Your balls are exactly the right size and you are a gamer.

But candidates do not assume all the sins of their supporters (if it's a cabinet official, that's a different story). We both know that's an unfair way to look at it. Sometimes politics can bring opposing sides together. For example, I don't like @jei (a forum admin), and he openly hates me, but we both voted for @Cubo de Sangre . We were able to put our differences aside and vote for a better War Room.

And that's what you should do here. If you don't like Palis, that's okay. But both of you have something in common—you are both respected posters who want a better War Room. Therefore, you should do the honorable thing and vote for @Cubo de Sangre , together, as one people. We can argue trivial differences later.

Bless your heart, Lowman. Do not be upset.
This is about making the War Room a more positive place. More positive discourse for a better world.
You don't oppose making the world better, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back