Cancelled series that were resurrected?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Has there been a series be it a show or comic that was cancelled for years until there was an interest for it to return?

Fuaaaaaak I miss hsdk and my boy Ogata. That and we never got to find out how apachai hopichai knew Michael of the scythe!!!

Family guy, Futurama.

twin peaks did it. samurai jack did it too no?

i’m waiting on that G.U.T.S reboot

<datassdom>

Community, Brooklyn 99. Technically there was no gap but it did switch networks

Roseanne/The Conners

Kung Fu.

Murphy Brown.

Some series returned as TV movies later on, like Cagney & Lacey or Alien Nation. Columbo would occasionally get new episodes / TV movies later on.

Last edited:
Hawaii 5-0. Not cancelled but rebooted.

I’m hoping for The Office and King of the Hill.

Stargate amd Star Trek.

Reboot ironically enough. Resurrected to Reboot: The Guardian Code.

Jericho was the prototypical example, especially before the days of twitter campaigns.

Of course there was that Firefly campaign that got Serenity funded which is more than most canceled series ever get. Same with the Veronica Mars movie.

Would be nice if Millennium was resurrected

No idea why they ended the series prematurely in the first place

Would be nice if Millennium was resurrected

No idea why they ended the series prematurely in the first place

Season three was terrible. It needed to be put out of its misery immediately once it turned into a buddy cop thing.

First two were good though. Should have stuck with the formula.

Give me rome hbo.

GAIUS "arm swing"JULIUS" arm swing " CAESAR

Wasn't there some talk of Dead Wood coming back?

Has there been a series be it a show or comic that was cancelled for years until there was an interest for it to return?

Fuaaaaaak I miss hsdk and my boy Ogata. That and we never got to find out how apachai hopichai knew Michael of the scythe!!!

Hsdk wasn't cancelled. It ran for the amount of episodes that it was planned for. Maybe they'll eventually make a new season since there's so much more manga storyline for them to work with now, but it's unlikely.

Stargate amd Star Trek.

Hell no, what would the show even be about anymore??? Also none of them have really aged well at all. It's only been 5 years since the show ended but by looking at the cast today, it looked like it ended 15 years ago.

Stargate amd Star Trek.
My favorite SG was the one we’re they were on the alien ship that was always breaking down and they were lost as hell.

I wish they would have continued that one.

Not a reboot but a continuation with same actors etc.

Reboots don’t typically fare too well.

Hsdk wasn't cancelled. It ran for the amount of episodes that it was planned for. Maybe they'll eventually make a new season since there's so much more manga storyline for them to work with now, but it's unlikely.

I meant the manga. The anime series consisted of 130 chapters while you can add 20 chapters to the ova few years back but the manga almost has 600 chapters and the ending was screwed up big time.

Ogata shined and looked like magic while Saiga furinji who was groomed to be the main antagonist of the series turned out to be a minor character. Fans were confused due to the direction of the story until the news hit that the manga was cancelled despite many loose ends like boss wong from China and apachai and Michael of the scythe.

you-got-any-meat.jpg

latest

Hell no, what would the show even be about anymore??? Also none of them have really aged well at all. It's only been 5 years since the show ended but by looking at the cast today, it looked like it ended 15 years ago.

I was thinking more of a reboot. The Office got away with a lot of stuff that it would have been crucified for today. I’d just like a show that’s willing to go to those places again, even if it isn’t the Office. Something like Parks and Rec maybe?

Back