PBP UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t GOAT featherweight mean better than 25year old Mac?

Who knows....GOAT is a subjective title typically based on achievements + skill.

Holloway's strikes remain sloppy....his endurance management and gameplanning is a lot better now.

Do you think this 27 year old Max is better than 25 year old Mac?

Like any Conor fight, if he doesn’t turn off your lights early, he’d have a tough time with this Max late. The pace that Max put on in the 4th round was insane.

Like any Conor fight, if he doesn’t turn off your lights early, he’d have a tough time with this Max late. The pace that Max put on in the 4th round was insane.
Matrix max. Salsa dance to boot. Nice shout out to tony there

Holloway's strikes remain sloppy....his endurance management and gameplanning is a lot better now.
Seems pretty accurate for the most part, although I agree he can get a little sloppy. Seems to love the war

Fighters are NOT that rigid. You have to be able to take Conor's shots to do that, throw well at him back, and have the endurance. Max checks one of those boxes, not the other two. And look at his looping punches they are very much the same as when he was a UFC newbie. Max's pace is insane....however there have been few times where he's had opponents who can deter him from coming forward.

Conor is one such fighter who has and still can make him intimidated to come forward.

I hope tMcG cuts down to 145 to run it back. All this nonsense of McG is better will be settled.
I’m not on either side tbh. Just bringing up a comment made earlier. Though as I’ve said before, would rather see it at 155 where I feel they’d both be at their best now

giphy.gif

That fight was worth every fucking penny

They gave Holloway a POTN and a FOTN. They want to give him extra cash fine, but come on, not at the expense of other fighters you cheap bastards, Gunner deserved a bonus for that sub. More arbitrary UFC stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back