Social Pitbull Attack thread

Sure , Into the gas chamber with her too. You are still hanging onto semantics , my first post that you responded to......complete sarcasm , is amusingly enough the character you're playing . AMSTAFF , American Bull dog , Presa Canario ECT ECT I don't care really, any of those make up a meaningfull % of your lineage , to help with ya .

I'm sick of taking my $1200 bird dog to the dog park only to have him menaced the whole time by some blocky headed fuck stick of a dog with a set of nuts the size of a grapefruit and no owner in sight . Never in my life have I seen such a predictable trope as the ill behaved bully breed with the dipshit " he's fine " owner in tow .

Stay ignorant brother.

Dog park round here have strict rules that do not allow intact dogs.

lol @ your personal experience being all you know. There are a few aggressive Huskys at teh dog park I go to, so lets gas them too!

oh and lol again @ 'block headed dogs' .... I'm guessing you think ever block headed dog is a pitbull?

The more you post, the more dizzy you sound.

Stay ignorant brother.

lol @ your personal experience being all you know. There are a few aggressive Huskys at teh dog park I go to, so lets gas them too!

oh and lol again @ 'block headed dogs' .... I'm guessing you think ever block headed dog is a pitbull?

Its not " all I know "......brother.

In case you haven't noticed that particular type of dog that shalt not be named , is at the top of the public shit list , and for good reason.

I've known 2 separate American Staffordshire terriors that have bitten people. 1 , owned by a pretty good friend of mine when he/ we were in our 20s , bit a 12 year old kid that knocked on his cracked open front door AND mauled another dog and got him slapped with a lawsuit. He still uses the " its all in how you raise them " which is a real headscratcher in his case!

Since youre determined to die on your " you can't define a pitbull" hill. How about I propose an outright ban an American Staffordshires , grandfathering living dogs. Is that workable enough for you , or are you gonna pick up your goalposts and move em down the field?

In case you haven't noticed that particular type of dog that shalt not be named , is at the top of the public shit list , and for good reason.

I've known 2 separate American Staffordshire terriors that have bitten people. 1 , owned by a pretty good friend of mine when he/ we were in our 20s , bit a 12 year old kid that knocked on his cracked open front door AND mauled another dog and got him slapped with a lawsuit. He still uses the " its all in how you raise them " which is a real headscratcher in his case!

Since youre determined to die on your " you can't define a pitbull" hill. How about I propose an outright ban an American Staffordshires , grandfathering living dogs. Is that workable enough for you , or are you gonna pick up your goalposts and move em down the field?

You can keep stating the same thing over and over, but it does not make it accurate or tru.

"Public shit list" ... thats your criteria? Have you ever doen any research on how they became on thiat list? Of course not! In the 1970s, St. Bernard's were seen as terribly unstable after they killed a couple families. That is why King used one in Cujo. In a study done with people with sinophobia (sp, fear of dogs) the Doberman causes the most extreame reactions. Should we ban these dogs too?

smh do you beleive public opinion is the best way to measure this?

What I really don't understadn is if you care about this topic, why not at least try to educate yourself?

While I disagree with breed specific laws, at least with your AmStaff suggestion, you are starting to get specific enough to at least be credible. What about APBT, Staffs, Bull Terriers, Boston Terriers?

My parents shelter Boston Terriers for 20+ years, and I shit yo not, they have been bitten sssoooo mnay times.

Shelter dogs are often not so good.

I have a Boston terrier mix from a shelter. I got him young though, like 8 months old. He’s a great dog.

I had a pure staffy, and a pit/staffy mix. Dog on the right is the pure staffy, the one on the left is a mix.

rnagYwq.jpg

Most loyal dogs ever.

But a royal pain in the arse with other dogs

I have no problem with people owning pitbulls.
But if that dog kills a kid, both the dog and the owner should be put to sleep.

How long should they have to sleep?

Jk jimmy
I actually agree with your post.

I'm a dog man. I have always had Amstaffs/Pits, from childhood. Dad brought me home the runt of a litter when I was 7 or 8 (mid-70s). Smartest, best damn dog I have ever had. Obedient to anyone he knew and would take commands even from children. Had him for many years (15 or 16) before he passed. Everyone loved him in the neighborhood, nobody asked what kind of dog he was, even. It was a different time. His name was "Watchdog" and we called him "Watch". Fucker had a vocabulary of about 100 words. He really was brilliant. Very docile once you came over and met him, he wanted nothing more to play with you and you could have robbed me after he was your buddy. A stranger could not break in, tho. And if attacked by another dog (he never attacked one), he kind of seemed to laugh for a bit Bas Rutten style giving them a chance to stop, and then he would wreck them. All my friends and I took him fishing and such like the Little Rascals. He was a house dog and a gentle soul, loyal and loving to everyone. I was raised around them, saw them fight (game dogs), saw that they LOVED it (it's what they like to do, roll to show strength and just plain scrap), but none of them would ever bite a man, woman or child. I have had several. To me, there is no substitute. Anything else is just a cat.

I still miss ol' Watchdog.

Stay ignorant brother.

Pitbull defender calls someone else ignorant = priceless

P.S., LOL at your personal experience being all you know.

I think it would be interesting if somebody conducted a study to determine what traits pitbull owners possess that attract them to the most dangerous dog breed. From what I've seen, there are two distinct groups. One group that loves how dangerous and badass they are, and another group that feels like they are just misunderstood and their heart bleeds for the plight of the breed.
From what I've seen, it is the bad ass gangster types that usually breed them and buy them as pups and the bleeding heart animal lovers that end up adopting them later in life, following the gangster chaining them to a telephone pole, abandoning them or going to jail. Unfortunately, like with kids, a lot of these dogs have had all the damage done in their young up bringing by bone heads, so when they are readopted, the new owner does not know what they are getting in to.

I actually worked with an animal foster service and the worst damaged dogs I ever saw were pitbulls......you don't repeatedly find other breeds mutilated, abused and tortured the way you do with pitfbulls/bully breeds. They really attract some absolutely scum of the earth type humans.

I'm going to say you should move somewhere with a HOA that bans "pitbulls".

Dogs are dogs. If your argument began and ended at pitbulls are more dangerous because they do more damage when they attack, we could have an honest debate. But instead you insist on this ridiculous trope that pitbulls are inherently unhinged animals. That they aren't at their core a domesticated wolf, like all domesticated dog breeds.

I'm going to say you should move somewhere with a HOA that bans "pitbulls".

Dogs are dogs. If your argument began and ended at pitbulls are more dangerous because they do more damage when they attack, we could have an honest debate. But instead you insist on this ridiculous trope that pitbulls are inherently unhinged animals. That they aren't at their core a domesticated wolf, like all domesticated dog breeds.

I do live in an hoa neighborhood , no pitbull ban but there might as well be one. My hood is populated with attorneys , doctors and white collar / lower level executive types......in other words educated people , the type of person that typically has little use for introducing a dog bred to fight other 60lb animals to the death into their home.

I do live in an hoa neighborhood , no pitbull ban but there might as well be one. My hood is populated with attorneys , doctors and white collar / lower level executive types......in other words educated people , the type of person that typically has little use for introducing a dog bred to fight other 60lb animals to the death into their home.

Funny, because some of the most educated liberals I know save pitbulls from animal shelters.

Funny, because some of the most educated liberals I know save pitbulls from animal shelters.

Goldens , labs , lapa apso ( sp?), Irish setters ect......not an amstaff or " pit bull " insight. You " know them " , I live amongst them .

My anecdote beats your anecdote

Back