Who did you have winning Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder and how did you score it? It ended in a draw.

Who do you think won the fight?

• Total voters
I scored a draw, on both watches. I was reading the boards before I actually got a chance to watch it. Needless to say I was surprised how the fight actually went.

Draw and/or Wilder are trolling votes. No wonder 90% of voters had Fury winning. He did and he won wide.

116-110, I guess I have it.

Ban the judge who had 115-111 Wilder. Seriously. No path to that score in my eyes.
I think your score is equally farcical. 10-2? Not one round for Wilder outside the KD rounds? Please.

Aside from the KD rounds, did you have some clear Wilder rounds? I just didn't. Most were clear Fury with a few lean Fury. I ended up 10-2.
<Fedor23>

I only watched it once and I was already aware of this thread and the general consensus, but I tried to stay even keel and just saw Wilder get tuned up---aside from the 9th and 12th. And frankly, he got tuned up a bit in those rounds as well. Not that Fury beat him down, it wasn't that kind of fight. But he gave him a boxing lesson and stung him a few times.
Clear? No. Not many clear rounds in that one.

You seem to be taking this hard, good job forums didnt exist when Hagler-Leonard happened, you would have exploded

You seem to be taking this hard, good job forums didnt exist when Hagler-Leonard happened, you would have exploded
I'm not taking it hard at all. Not sure what gives you that impression.

I'm not taking it hard at all. Not sure what gives you that impression.

Well nobody apart from most of the people in the entire world, and it's a big place, thought that Wilder was good for a draw, but you insist on being one of those guys who just likes to go against the grain.

It's not a bad thing, i just think you seem very sociopathological.

You seem to do this in nearly every high profile fight, just go against the grain because you can, and i like that, and clearly common sense doesnt kick in a lot of the time, which is what makes you a good poster on this forum.

You seem to try and argue for the sake of arguing.

Well nobody apart from most of the people in the entire world, and it's a big place, thought that Wilder was good for a draw, but you insist on being one of those guys who just likes to go against the grain.

It's not a bad thing, i just think you seem very sociopathological.

You seem to do this in nearly every high profile fight, just go against the grain because you can, and i like that, and clearly common sense doesnt kick in a lot of the time, which is what makes you a good poster on this forum.

You seem to try and argue for the sake of arguing.
I've discussed what you're doing before. You''re resorting to attacking me instead of defending your own thoughts. Pretty pathetic. You didn't call out the guy I quoted, who was talking about the score BEFORE me. No comment on how "sociopathic" (fucking ridiculous) he is. You're attacking a guy for scoring a fight different than you. Period. Not defending your score. Not dissecting mine, just attacking me personally.

So who is taking it hard? The guy throwing the tantrum about my comments, I would say.

I stand by my score that I came up with scoring the fight live. I scored it round by round, I didn't make up the score when the fight was finished so what you're implying makes no sense. Try harder.

I've discussed what you're doing before. You''re resorting to attacking me instead of defending your own thoughts. Pretty pathetic. You didn't call out the guy I quoted, who was talking about the score BEFORE me. No comment on how "sociopathic" (fucking ridiculous) he is. You're attacking a guy for scoring a fight different than you. Period. Not defending your score. Not dissecting mine, just attacking me personally.

So who is taking it hard? The guy throwing the tantrum about my comments, I would say.

I stand by my score that I came up with scoring the fight live. I scored it round by round, I didn't make up the score when the fight was finished so what you're implying makes no sense. Try harder.

No tantrums here, when you want to talk about your scoring of the fight, and many others, you do this.

Nobody is "attacking" anyone, they are just saying they have a completely different opinion to you.

No tantrums here, when you want to talk about your scoring of the fight, and many others, you do this.

Nobody is "attacking" anyone, they are just saying they have a completely different opinion to you.
You called me a sociopath because I like to talk about boxing scores. Fuck off.

I have no proper reply to that....lol
Shame that was getting good

giphy.gif

Clear. I thought he (Wilder) got out boxed in every single round, winning only those two rounds where he got a KD. I thought it was pretty clear as I watched. Not a big action fight, but 10-20 punches landed beats 5-10 punches landed every time.

Clear. I thought he (Wilder) got out boxed in every single round, winning only those two rounds where he got a KD. I thought it was pretty clear as I watched. Not a big action fight, but 10-20 punches landed beats 5-10 punches landed every time.
Not one round in that fight had such a discrepancy in punches landed.

Not one round in that fight had such a discrepancy in punches landed.

Agree to disagree, I guess. Fury outlanded Wilder round after round. Not by much and it wasn't a beatdown or anything, but he won round after round by outlanding Wilder round after round. It was pretty straightforward, this isn't one where it's in the eye of the beholder. To me, anyway.

I wasn't trying to cite a specific running total or anything, just using the 10-20 and 5-10 making the point that Fury landed more punches every round (or very nearly every round). And when scoring, that counts.

Shocking that this fight is still so controversial. I was there live and have seen it a dozen times since. I even called it a draw to the people next to me in the arena and looked like a prophet after the score cards.

Rds 1-4 could all go to Wilder. There was not much being done, and Wilder was at least the forward aggressor. Keep in mind, Judges score it live, without replay. A round or two could also go to Fury.

Then Fury won rounds 5-12, except the rounds he was knocked down. Either of those rounds could be 10-8 for Wilder, or 9-9, depending on the judge... keeping in mind it was live.

That leaves a pretty solid way to split the fight between the two fighters, and/or having it a draw.

Stop being such cunts

Shocking that this fight is still so controversial. I was there live and have seen it a dozen times since. I even called it a draw to the people next to me in the arena and looked like a prophet after the score cards.

Rds 1-4 could all go to Wilder. There was not much being done, and Wilder was at least the forward aggressor. Keep in mind, Judges score it live, without replay. A round or two could also go to Fury.

Then Fury won rounds 5-12, except the rounds he was knocked down. Either of those rounds could be 10-8 for Wilder, or 9-9, depending on the judge... keeping in mind it was live.

That leaves a pretty solid way to split the fight between the two fighters, and/or having it a draw.

Stop being such cunts
Can't score them 9-9 without a deduction.

Can't score them 9-9 without a deduction.

Is that an actual rule? I thought it was just an extra point. So if anything, it would be 10-10 and not 9-9. What if a judge says that Fury won the round, but Wilder gets the extra point?

Either way, I could see the fight going for either fighter and a draw. If it can't be 9-9, then it favors Wilder even more, no?

Not saying you're wrong or arguing, I just not too familiar with a draw round scoring. It is a mute point tho, since 10-10 and 9-9 would factor the same way into the scoring.

I think your score is equally farcical. 10-2? Not one round for Wilder outside the KD rounds? Please.
The only marginally close RD outside of KD’s was I think 7. Fury won every other round comfortably.

Is that an actual rule? I thought it was just an extra point. So if anything, it would be 10-10 and not 9-9. What if a judge says that Fury won the round, but Wilder gets the extra point?

Either way, I could see the fight going for either fighter and a draw. If it can't be 9-9, then it favors Wilder even more, no?

Not saying you're wrong or arguing, I just not too familiar with a draw round scoring. It is a mute point tho, since 10-10 and 9-9 would factor the same way into the scoring.
Could be 10-9 but judges rarely do that.

9-9 is only possible with a point deduction.

Stop being such cunts
Lol you’re completely delusional if you think Wilder won RD 1-4.

Back