Rumored Ben Rothwell is back, faces Blagoy Ivanov on March

Bulgarian MMA media reporting that former WSOF champion Blagoy "Baga" Ivanov (16-2) will be the one welcoming back Ben Rothwell to the octagon.

Ben Rothwell is coming back from a 2 year USADA suspension that will be up on early February.
In his last fight the 37-years-old got schooled by former UFC champion Junior dos Santos, who also just gave Ivanov a boxing lesson. JDS bless.
AYZi.gif

nice, love me some big ben. fuck USADA

Couldn't give two fucks, sounds horrible but being 100% honest, nobody is tuning in for Rothwell.

Go blagoi go

His looks and movement is really deceiving because he has actually racked up a few nice wins in the UFC.

Remember his sub of freaking Josh Barnett? That's pretty legit.
RequiredHandmadeArcticduck-size_restricted.gif

Love watching Rothwell fight, I think he gets the W here

Welcome back Ben, just mind your picograms and you'll be fine

nice, love me some big ben. fuck USADA

The fuck do you mean fuck USADA? Rothwell is a multiple time drug cheat who didn't even bother to come up with an excuse for his most recent test failure.

Oh, another guy who got fucked by USADA but didn't hide under a cage or get the benefit of the doubt.

so he was on TRT which was allowed at the time and then USADA arbitrarily pulls the plug and he's found in violation. Something tells me Jones wouldnt get this kind of treatment...

https://www.mmafighting.com/2014/2/...tic-commission-bans-trt-urges-fellow-athletic

TRT was banned years ago by the major commissions. Even if USADA had bought his excuse and granted a retroactive TUE, that doesn't mean that the commissions would have sanctioned him; e.g. happened with Jones in Nevada.

Also, let's be clear about this, doing "TRT" without first being granted a TUE is illegally ingesting exogenous testosterone. It's roiding. End of story. Rothwell has been caught doing it multiple times.

I find it bizarre that anybody is here sticking up for Rothwell after all of the hysterical attacks on Jones last week.

The fuck do you mean fuck USADA? Rothwell is a multiple time drug cheat who didn't even bother to come up with an excuse for his most recent test failure.

Yeah but it bums me out not seeing him fight and they bend the rules for cheaters like brock

Fuck em

Yeah but it bums me out not seeing him fight and they bend the rules for cheaters like brock

Fuck em
Money talks. Brock got his time off though, didn't he? He also was claiming it was due to the tainted supplements. But the needle that broke the back of the camel is the JJ situation. That USADA is a shell for UFC, they are fking complicit - is there not a conflict of interest of what that Novitzky guy did with JJ thingy? They and UFC have no credibility when it comes to drug testing.

Some get a pass and others get ignored and shutdown, like Hunt for instance.

Imagine having parents that choose to name their son "Blagoy."

He is about to declare war on the heavyweight division!

LOL what? How is there a conflict of interest?
If the anti-doping agency is paid by UFC and UFC is organizing the even which it is interested in being commercially successful, do you not see how UFC controlling sufficiently the anti-doping agency might be considered as a potential conflict of interest. Do you see how some party can decide to influence the other so that they get to defraud general public?

Two of the most unappealing guys in the HW division. It looks like a truck driver fighting a convenience store owner

Back