• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Social Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. The old man is making him nervous?

You guys are ridiculous.
Oh no, don't try to dodge this. What is this kid's behavior? He literally doesn't move. So what does he have to apologize for?

im not saying he did, but he could of said something or done something, then perked up when the old native vet confronted him.

To be honest, I don't think anyone did anything to either side. What angers me is that this kid is now getting all kinds of E-death threats over an edited video that made him look like he was bullying this old Indian.

Oh no, don't try to dodge this. What is this kid's behavior? He literally doesn't move. So what does he have to apologize for?

Staring an old man playing a drum down, with a shit-eating smirk on his face? While 30 of his friends chant and shout and do Tomahawk signs?

It's like you guys have never seen a demonstration before. Many things that the group was doing in the video was inappropriate and disrespectful. That is why the woman in the video chastises them.

She looks right at the camera and says, "You're acting like a mob."

The video did not show the man walk up in the kid's face, and playing a drum is not an aggressive action. I see right wing Twitter is now trying to present this old man playing a drum as some sort of attack, which is just ridiculous.

In the video you posted, a woman said they were acting "Like a mob" which gives pretty clear context to the mood.
Lol at the spins in this thread... “the kids were just trying to dance and sing to support the Native Americans!”

Lol, right. That’s what those maga hat kids were doing. Not making fun of them.

To be honest, I don't think anyone did anything to either side. What angers me is that this kid is now getting all kinds of E-death threats over an edited video that made him look like he was bullying this old Indian.
bro, there is no Indian in the video as far as I know. All I see is an old indigenous american vet. They shouldnt be giving death threats to the kid, but i have heard of maga kids saying build a wall at ethnic minorities.

Staring an old man playing a drum down, with a shit-eating smirk on his face? While 30 of his friends chant and shout and do Tomahawk signs?

It's like you guys have never seen a demonstration before. Many things that the group was doing in the video was inappropriate and disrespectful. That is why the woman in the video chastises them.

She looks right at the camera and says, "You're acting like a mob."
Oh, so you're mad at a teenager caught in an awkward situation for smiling? Again, this kid doesn't move towards the guy, at all. How do you want him to behave here?

Was this a school event??? If not the school can’t really do much about it.

That kid is a cunt......buuuuut if the guy has the right to sing then the kid has a right to stare at him, there was no violence.

School organized trip to attend anti-abortion march.

Damn, kid was just standing there and the Native Vet was SO BRAVE standing up to someone just hanging out

lol the leftists are still running with this. The media tells them to jump and they ask how high.

Critical detail: the boys were there for the March for Life rally.

You're right.

Oh, so you're mad at a teenager caught in an awkward situation for smiling? Again, this kid doesn't move towards the guy, at all. How do you want him to behave here?

Damn, kid was just standing there and the Native Vet was SO BRAVE standing up to someone just hanging out

You guys seem to missing context here. The old man is walking up to the Lincoln Memorial, not antagonizing anybody. I grew up here, and forget sometimes that most people are not familiar with DC. A lot of demonstrations occur at the memorials, or end up at memorials. The Lincoln memorial has a big staircase leading up to the statue. That is why he's walking in that direction, the steps are behind those kids.

And yes, when people are walking towards the memorials, you do not block their path or stand in their face with a smirk. You also do not shout and chant and act like morons when people are demonstrating. The entire scene is inappropriate.

The normal thing to do is to stand out of their way and not be involved at all. The kids were being disrespectful, and acting like a big group of fools. The part people keep leaving out here is that the man said they also yelled, "Build that wall," at him.

In the video, a woman turns to the camera and tells the kid that they are acting like a mob.

The irony of a bunch of white boys telling a Native American to build a wall.....

Ignorant fucks

Are people really this brainwashed? Nothing bad happened here. Yeah the kids were being douche bags, but the Natives were the ones that initiated the whole thing. All the kid was doing was sitting there smirking after he was approached and the other kids were acting like the immature high school kids that they are. There was no racial slurs muttered or anything like that.

I'm Sorry, but a MAGA hat in it's own is not a symbol of hate. Now what if this was a conservative group of adults approaching some liberal circle jerk on a campus some where in California. There would definitely be fists flying from the group that was approached. Yes the way they were dancing around was pretty tasteless, but these are just kids acting dumb when being faced with a bizarre situation.

You guys seem to missing context here. The old man is walking up to the Lincoln Memorial, not antagonizing anybody. I grew up here, and forget sometimes that most people are not familiar with DC. A lot of demonstrations occur at the memorials, or end up at memorials. The Lincoln memorial has a big staircase leading up to the statue. That is why he's walking in that direction, the steps are behind those kids.

And yes, when people are walking towards the memorials, you do not block their path or stand in their face with a smirk. You also do not shout and chant and act like morons when people are doing this.

The normal thing to do is to stand out of their way and not be involved at all. The kids were being disrespectful, and acting like a big group of fools. The part people keep leaving out here is that the man said they also yelled, "Build that wall," at him.

I can't see a path of entry or exit because the video is shit. So I'm not going to make the same assumption you did.

The irony of a bunch of white boys telling a Native American to build a wall.....

Ignorant fucks

Explain the irony, the natives of NA were CONQUERED

The political obsession some people have with protecting the "unborn" is nauseating. I oppose abortions once there is a brain, but the idea that something that doesn't even have a brain can be murdered is ridiculous.

School organized trip to attend anti-abortion march.

Right on lol. Why was a native chanting at an abortion rally I guess would be my next question. Not that there’s anything wrong with it as he’s well within his rights.

I can't see a path of entry or exit because the video is shit. So I'm not going to make the same assumption you did.

Explain the irony, the natives of NA were CONQUERED
thats what undocumented immigrants are doing everytime they have a kid. Changing the demographic of the united states one baby at a time. Before you know it America is going to look indigenous again.

Are people really this brainwashed? Nothing bad happened here. Yeah the kids were being douche bags, but the Natives were the ones that initiated the whole thing. All the kid was doing was sitting there smirking after he was approached and the other kids were acting like the immature high school kids that they are. There was no racial slurs muttered or anything like that.

I'm taking the man at his word when he says some of the kids were yelling, "Build that wall," at him as he walked towards the monument. That's wrong, and it should never happen.

I also have to say that walking towards a memorial in DC is not an "initiation" of anything. It happens all the time. Maybe these kids were from out of town and did not understand that you cannot block the way to a memorial and act like fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back