Social Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys seem to missing context here. The old man is walking up to the Lincoln Memorial, not antagonizing anybody. I forget sometimes that most people are not familiar with DC. A lot of demonstrations occur at the memorials, or end up at the memorial. That is why he's walking in that direction, the steps are behind those kids.

And yes, when people are walking towards the memorials, you do not block their path or stand in their face with a smirk. You also do not shout and chant and act like morons when people are doing this.

The normal thing to do is to stand out of their way and not be involved at all. The kids were being disrespectful, and acting like a big group of fools. The part people keep leaving out here is that the man said they also yelled, "Build that wall," at him.
I guess this kid needs to adopt a remorseful posture, apologize for the hat he's wearing, apologize for anything that can be considered as offensive that the crowd surrounding him is chanting or gesticulating, and apparently also apologize for where he's standing. Because teenagers aren't awkward all the time when people walk up to them.

People aren't failing to realize anything. You're acting like this kid should be instantly processing everything that is happening in his vicinity, taking responsibility for it all, and committing to an unequivocally respectful gesture instead of smiling.

At worst, he's wearing a hat that I think represents a movement that is at best misguided and at worst flat out sucks (but he's also a kid). I don't think he did anything worth plastering his face around twitter for.

Man that kid needs a good fucking broken jaw to rid him off that demeanor.

thats what undocumented immigrants are doing everytime they have a kid. Changing the demographic of the united states one baby at a time. Before you know it America is going to look indigenous again.

Native Americans don't look like the average undocumented immigrant though

The political obsession some people have with protecting the "unborn" is nauseating. I oppose abortions once there is a brain, but the idea that something that doesn't even have a brain can be murdered is ridiculous.
Can’t make up your own science now.

The one thing we can all agree on is social media is utter garbage.

I can't believe I've let myself be goaded into defending a kid wearing a Maga hat who is at a pro-life rally. I agree with exactly none of those things. Yuck, I'm out.

You guys seem to missing context here. The old man is walking up to the Lincoln Memorial, not antagonizing anybody. I grew up here, and forget sometimes that most people are not familiar with DC. A lot of demonstrations occur at the memorials, or end up at memorials. The Lincoln memorial has a big staircase leading up to the statue. That is why he's walking in that direction, the steps are behind those kids.

And yes, when people are walking towards the memorials, you do not block their path or stand in their face with a smirk. You also do not shout and chant and act like morons when people are demonstrating. The entire scene is inappropriate.

The normal thing to do is to stand out of their way and not be involved at all. The kids were being disrespectful, and acting like a big group of fools. The part people keep leaving out here is that the man said they also yelled, "Build that wall," at him.

In the video, a woman turns to the camera and tells the kid that they are acting like a mob.
Yeah, a bunch of moogs in here trying to paint it like the kid did nothing wrong because the guy was walking in his direction.

If someone is walking toward you in a public space and you make a point of straightening up in front of him and turn it into a staring contest— while wearing a shit eating grin and making sure your friends are laughing the whole time— you’re not “caught” in an awkward situation; you’re being a little shit.

The irony of a bunch of white boys telling a Native American to build a wall.....

Ignorant fucks
Here comes the leftist racial hatred for white people.

I bet the kids were chanting Trump slogans "Build the wall" before the Native came walking up. I didn't hear anyone chant build the wall when he was drumming in the kids face.

Yeah, a bunch of moogs in here trying to paint it like the kid did nothing wrong because the guy was walking in his direction.

If someone is walking toward you in a public space and you make a point of straightening up in front of him and turn it into a staring contest— while wearing a shit eating grin and making sure your friends are laughing the whole time— you’re not “caught” in an awkward situation; you’re being a little shit.

The kid was in the middle of a crowd. The native walked into it. They were both surrounded.

Native Americans don't look like the average undocumented immigrant though
depends on what part of the us but as far as south western, they look very much the same. Ironically alot of people in the us who are socially or legally regarded as indigenous, have less native blood than those regarded as "latino."
54932c0618d1cb35f7e76576487dd97d--america-latina-south-america.jpg
b9118ccb752fe093621cc829e44e8fde--the-race-native-americans.jpg
fe48b4915a16cf0ce8474949adac11dd--the-race-the-wind.jpg

thats what undocumented immigrants are doing everytime they have a kid. Changing the demographic of the united states one baby at a time. Before you know it America is going to look indigenous again.

What a foolish thing to say. Are you from the Americas?

depends on what part of the us but as far as south western, they look very much the same.
54932c0618d1cb35f7e76576487dd97d--america-latina-south-america.jpg
b9118ccb752fe093621cc829e44e8fde--the-race-native-americans.jpg

I have grown up around natives and they do not look the same to me. Cherrypicking a couple of photos doesn't override that.

I have seen indigenous Mexican groups and they look a bit more similar (not the same) but they aren't the ones jumping the border for the most part, at least from what I can tell.

I have grown up around natives and they do not look the same to me. Cherrypicking a couple of photos doesn't override that.

I have seen indigenous Mexican groups and they look a bit more similar but they aren't the ones jumping the border for the most part, at least from what I can tell.
what part of the country are you from? I know alot of indigenous people and they see it.

Are people really this brainwashed? Nothing bad happened here. Yeah the kids were being douche bags, but the Natives were the ones that initiated the whole thing. All the kid was doing was sitting there smirking after he was approached and the other kids were acting like the immature high school kids that they are. There was no racial slurs muttered or anything like that.

I'm Sorry, but a MAGA hat in it's own is not a symbol of hate. Now what if this was a conservative group of adults approaching some liberal circle jerk on a campus some where in California. There would definitely be fists flying from the group that was approached. Yes the way they were dancing around was pretty tasteless, but these are just kids acting dumb when being faced with a bizarre situation.
While there may not have been slurs if you don't think the tomohawk motion and the chants which were mocking the song were racist. I don't know what to tell you, aside from you're wrong.

Last edited:

wat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back