Conor McGregor was also 4-2 at age 22

When Pico taps into Pico Power, he'll be unstoppable, provided he tightens up his gameplan.

You can improve defense He's not getting kod by glancing blows like poirer, how's he doing by the way? That shot would have KOd anyone in the UFC at fw except maybe max
Poirier had never lost by TKO or KO before the Conor fight.

Nor has been KTFO like Pico has.

That was a bad loss man.

Especially at 22. Did you see what happened to Lubin when he fought Charlo?

Pico's chin is cracked.

Mendes was his worst matchup at FW and he took him on 10 days notice.

isn't the 10 days notice just as much a disadvantage, if not more to Mendes who AFAIK wasnt training, but rather hunting or some shit?

Depends how bad you lose.

Khabib beat Conor really bad so he will probably not come back the same confident. Pico the same yesterday. Bad beating.
Like Aldo after Conor? Terrible logic. Aldo destroyed Edgar after conor

isn't the 10 days notice just as much a disadvantage, if not more to Mendes who AFAIK wasnt training, but rather hunting or some shit?
For sure, but to Connor's credit he didn't avoid every bad matchup out there.

But I will agree that the favoritism shown to Connor was insanely annoying. I can't fucking believe they let him hold up the LW division for as long as they did. Ferguson legit got fucked out of holding the gold because of that bullshit.

For sure, but to Connor's credit he didn't avoid every bad matchup out there.

But I will agree that the favoritism shown to Connor was insanely annoying. I can't fucking believe they let him hold up the LW division for as long as they did. Ferguson legit got fucked out of holding the gold because of that bullshit.

lets not forget Siver magically moving up in rankings pre fight

Pico is obviously legit, he’s just immature and needs to grow. He could’ve finished Corrales if he approached the GnP better after the first knockdown IMO.

Not everyone can be a Jon Jones prodigy, but I believe he will contend for a UFC belt eventually.
this.

Also...I would recommend he drop this fairly silly "matador" routine (usually at end of his fights, but the Bellator 214 fight he did it right at the start) which he seems to have made his schtick.

When you've got knocked out in 33% of your pro fights, you need to drop the silly showboating, come to the realization that you are *not* some sort of MMA God, and knuckle-down and figure out how not to lose going forward. Because he clearly has significant vulnerability as far as getting clipped. not impressed.

Was he KTFO tho? Submissions, and Conor's striking might had been better than Pico's who has been KO'd and submitted after being clipped.

You can improve defense He's not getting kod by glancing blows like poirer, how's he doing by the way? That shot would have KOd anyone in the UFC at fw except maybe max
Yeah that shot would have destroyed Conor at fw, easily spending a few days in the hospital

Conor wasn’t viciously knocked out in those two losses.

But you can improve your wrestling and BJJ.

You can't improve your chin.

I agree with your premise but Pico has been dropped and submitted and been knocked out COLD inside of 6 fights.

The chin does not recover.
Poiriers has looked fine since mj

Living death.

There's a difference between tapping to a RNC and being sent into another dimension.

Pico needs time off to rest his brain, and also needs to work heavily on the glaring flaw that got him flatlined. He keeps his head up way too much, basically begging to be countered. Dudes got talent though, no doubt about it.

Conor was handed two title shots at LW and has proven that at his absolute best he is a gatekeeper. Pico is more talented and well rounded now than Conor or Max were then, he's just young and gets himself into stupid situations. When he becomes more patient he will utilize striking and distance more effectively.

The last thing I'll say about Pico is this: You simply can't learn to have a chin. It is one of the intangibles that most elite fighters have, and on your journey to become the best you're going to get hit clean a few times. The best example I can think of is when Michael Johnson leveled Khabib a couple of times. When Pico's chin has been tested he's wound up asleep.

It's so weird how everyone forgets Max broke his foot almost immediately after the fight started but cling to Conor's ACL tear.

Back