Conor McGregor was also 4-2 at age 22

Pico is obviously legit, he’s just immature and needs to grow. He could’ve finished Corrales if he approached the GnP better after the first knockdown IMO.

Not everyone can be a Jon Jones prodigy, but I believe he will contend for a UFC belt eventually.
Maybe if they used steroids like Jones they could be.

Conor also got extremely favorable matchups and more push from the UFC than any previous fighter.

Lol wtf?? How is fighting Max Holloway in your 2nd fight and Dustin Porier in your 4th fight favorable matchups??

Hahahahah love how nuthuggers play it like it was Conor that only had 10 days to prepare.
I'm far from a Connor nuthugger.

Like it or not - he took a bad matchup on short notice. And guess what, not many people in his position do that. Tyron Woodley sure as fuck wouldn't.

No two career trajectories are the same. Comparisons like this are stupid

Like it or not - he took a bad matchup on short notice. And guess what, not many people in his position do that. Tyron Woodley sure as fuck wouldn't.
Come on, look at his fights. Poirier, Holloway, Aldo, Alvarez, Diaz and Khabib are all bums. Then he boxed some guy named Floyd. When is the man going to face real competition?

I actually think non champion Woodley would take a short notice title fight vs a guy who's not in training camp

Conor still had alot too gain from fighting Mendes

Except he didn't have 10 days to prepare, he had a full camp. Mendes lost because he gassed. He gassed earlier because he didn't have a full camp.

Which one was hurt the most by the situation? The guy that had a full camp for another opponent or the guy that had a 10 day camp?

But you can improve your wrestling and BJJ.

You can't improve your chin.

I agree with your premise but Pico has been dropped and submitted and been knocked out COLD inside of 6 fights.

The chin does not recover.
And on top of that odds are he will want to “get right back at it” and fight way sooner than he should and not allow his body and brain time to recover.

And became a double champ with average wrestling and bjj at best. All you sherdog casuals probably would have said Conor would never even win a small promotion belt let alone make it to the ufc since he lacked wrestling and bjj .

Max Holloway at age 22 got out wrestled by Conor and his one knee. did you casuals write max off then?

Pico is 22 and in love with his hands and finally learned his lesson.
#futureHOFer
Conor was lucky enough that the spotlight wasn’t on him back then, and he had time to grow and develop.

Pico is looked upon by everyone, the pressure is immense.

I see him more like a Mike Pyle, great potential, killer in the gym but not able to put it all together in the cage. But no one can write his history in his stead.

Best of luck to your son.

Get heel hooked and arm triangled are leagues different than getting dropped and choked out and kod clean. I like pico, but Conor losing was a learning experience. Aaron losing is fuckin heartbreaking

people that are talking about his chin being a problem are fucking retarded.

<{CMPALM}>

I was referring to the push part. He lost to mir, beat herring and got a title shot. He got a title shot at 2-1 with wins over that min soo Kim or whatever guy and herring. That is a fucking push if I ever saw one. I don’t even like Conor but he had to win more than 1 ufc fight to get a title shot.
No one got to the title faster than Joe Soto at 0-0 ufc record. next was Anderson, fought for the title at 1-0 ufc record.

Reminds me of Rory. Training forever, extremely talented, but doesn't quite have what it takes to be on top.

And became a double champ with average wrestling and bjj at best. All you sherdog casuals probably would have said Conor would never even win a small promotion belt let alone make it to the ufc since he lacked wrestling and bjj .

Max Holloway at age 22 got out wrestled by Conor and his one knee. did you casuals write max off then?

Pico is 22 and in love with his hands and finally learned his lesson.
#futureHOFer

LOL Pico got knocked out stiff. He is going to be a cody garbrant at best. He is no Conor. Conor was submitted and quickly tapped to avoid real injury.

Pico is a walking CTE time bomb.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
No one got to the title faster than Joe Soto at 0-0 ufc record. next was Anderson, fought for the title at 1-0 ufc record.

I can agree with Soto, but it was circumstantial. Anderson Silva was a highly ranked mw when he entered the ufc and Leben going to get a title shot had he won.

I can agree with Soto, but it was circumstantial. Anderson Silva was a highly ranked mw when he entered the ufc and Leben going to get a title shot had he won.
Hell, ddnt Matt Serra get a title off TUF?

Regardless, the guys I mentioned got a shot in different circumstances to Brock

Hell, ddnt Matt Serra get a title off TUF?

Regardless, the guys I mentioned got a shot in different circumstances to Brock

Albeit, not top tier competition Serra did have to win 3 fights for it, not 1 over essentially similar competition to the Herring win.

Back