Kindergarden Cop is the most great first half poor 2nd half movie ever

war-of-the-worlds-1.jpg

The first half is god tier.

As soon as they get stuck in Tim Robbins’ basement, it kinda nosedives comparatively for the rest of the film.

Drop off?
"7.62mm FMJ..."
220px-Full_Metal_Jacket_poster.jpg

That said, the movie is so good that even the second half (Nam for you idiots) shits over most other films, but it is nothing compared to the first half (Boot Camp!!!)

Yeah, it GOAT tier until the end when it gets all serious and shit. Who would have thought, eh? Arnold was more enjoyable as a silly fake school teacher than as a cop.

It went from a great comedy with a fish out of water gag
XtHQKml.gif

Then the 2nd half is boring as fuck. They are looking for someone. who cares I want to see Arnie be awkward with children!
I am sure if you want to find videos of Austrians “being awkward” around children the deep net has you covered.

40 Year Old Virgin will give it a run for it's money.

Judd Apatow movies are the worst. They fucken bait that shit with like 5 jokes that are all in the trailer just to get you in the cinema and then you're literally ambushed by a shitty, D-level adult drama with fucken Paul Rudd or Seth Rogen whining about some twot for two and a half hours.

It's the cinematic equivalent of how John Wayne Gacy used to bait his rape victims with his hilarious clown shtick

Fucking sunshine,shit was fucking awesome till that third act, still good though

Judd Apatow movies are the worst. They fucken bait that shit with like 5 jokes that are all in the trailer just to get you in the cinema and then you're literally ambushed by a shitty, D-level adult drama with fucken Paul Rudd or Seth Rogen whining about some twot for two and a half hours.

It's the cinematic equivalent of how John Wayne Gacy used to bait his rape victims with his hilarious clown shtick

But bro...dat body was worth the wait. I was blown away. I knew she wasn't fat but I wasn't expecting her to have the body of a 20 year old.

MV5BODQwODA3MDktYjFkNy00YjQ4LThiMWYtMDU0YmMzZDY0YzBjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5NjM0NA@@._V1_.jpg

Funny People. I love the first half of that movie. 2nd half is boring and seems depressing a fuck,

i would say "the money pit" is a better contender for "great first half / shitty second half". that movie gets real sad and depressing real quick after their rebuilding hi jinx.

For me it is Spartacus, the original Kirk Douglas movie.
The first hour or so is tremendous.
Then after the gladiators have escaped, it starts to drag, with too much time spent on quite tedious Roman politics.
Still a classic of the historical epic genre, but inferior to the likes of Ben Hur or Zulu because it doesn't sustain the early excellence.

I feel like Prometheus has the best start /worst ending of any film.

It went from a great comedy with a fish out of water gag
XtHQKml.gif

Then the 2nd half is boring as fuck. They are looking for someone. who cares I want to see Arnie be awkward with children!

I felt the same about “40 Year-Old Virgin” - great first half, boring / shmaltzy second half.

Speaking about great first halfs madmax 3 had an amazing first half with bartertown and thunderstone and then the tone of the movie is changed with the lost children

I bet the writers never thought in a million years that this would spark outrage. Now a days the sjws would be rioting

Don’t give them any ideas, before long USA Today will run an article called “Is it still okay to laugh at Kingergarten Cop?” like they did with Animal House.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back