Kindergarden Cop is the most great first half poor 2nd half movie ever

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It went from a great comedy with a fish out of water gag
XtHQKml.gif

Then the 2nd half is boring as fuck. They are looking for someone. who cares I want to see Arnie be awkward with children!

It was weird that did not look like that bad guys kid with the teacher. Bad casting

I just remember the bad guy being the epitome of a prime poor man's Val Kilmer

and before she was on NCIS: LA it was the only place i'd ever seen that midget female old lady actress (the principal in Kindergarten Cop)

I just remember the bad guy being the epitome of a prime poor man's Val Kilmer

and before she was on NCIS: LA it was the only place i'd ever seen that midget female old lady actress (the principal in Kindergarten Cop)
really? she's been on so many shows.

really? she's been on so many shows.
I think it's one of those cases where you see someone, but until you're really familiar you don't realize how many things they're in

Like that Gabriel Macht guy, it was only upon seeing Suits I realized he was the CoPilot in Behind Enemy Lines w/ Owen Wilson

Linda Hunt got an Oscar for playing Gilbert Gottfried tho!

IMG-2048.jpg

JOHN STAMOS WALKS INTO A BARRR.....

Been so long since I done seen Kindergarden Cop that I can barely remember it.

But in a similar vein, the first half of Candyman is really damned good. Like up there with any horror imo. Then it kind of falls apart in the second half so it’s barely remembered.

Definitely one of the great missed opportunities of 20th century cinema

This happens with comedies that set themselves up for having to get serious in their second half via their plot. I think Kindegarten Cop is better than a couple other comedies I can think of though, because at least Arnold was an action star and he had to contend with a violent psycho.

These two had harder fall offs for me:

220px-Big_Daddy_film.jpg

220px-Liar_Liar_poster.JPG

battle of mid era offball Arnie films
Kindergarten Cop vs Twins, go

Back