Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get sucked into it. I haven't seen it but I'm sure the first season of Mayans M.C. will be pretty decent but I don't trust creator Kurt Sutter. Eventually it will just turn to shit and just frustrate you to no end.
It's my work show

Something to watch on break

suburra season 2 is out on netflix

of course its not goat level like gomorrah but still good

You're crazy. Suburra is GOAT level.... along with Gomorrah. If I had a gun to my head and had to choose, I would chose Suburra

You're crazy. Suburra is GOAT level.... along with Gomorrah. If I had a gun to my head and had to choose, I would chose Suburra

suburra smells a bit like gomorrah copy to me but its a matter of opinion,both are good.

that being said if first season was good then suburra season 2 was very good.

Tried out some new shows that premiered this week.

Whiskey Cavalier - Stars Lauren Cohan from The Walking Dead. Meh spy vs. spy first episode.

The Enemy Within - Premise feels similar to The Blacklist and Blindspot. Not really hooked by the first episode.

The Simpsons Lisa It's Your Birthday episode with Michael Jackson is getting pulled from circulation.

Producers of The Simpsons have decided to pull the Michael Jackson episode of the show from circulation. The decision was made after the release of the Leaving Neverland documentary, which recently premiered on HBO and goes into the child molestation allegations against the King of Pop.
The decision to pull the Stark Raving Dad episode of The Simpsons from circulation was made by creator Matt Groening, executive producer James L. Brooks, and showrunner Al Jean. The episode will be pulled from television reruns, streaming services, and from future Blu-ray and DVD collections from here on out. The decision will more than likely cause a backlash, but Groening, Brooks, and Jean stand by their decision to pull the episode featuring Michael Jackson's voice.

Tried out some new shows that premiered this week.

Whiskey Cavalier - Stars Lauren Cohan from The Walking Dead. Meh spy vs. spy first episode.

The Enemy Within - Premise feels similar to The Blacklist and Blindspot. Not really hooked by the first episode.
Lauren Cohan's so damn hot. I tried to catch this but Trump's stupid NK press conf preempted a chunk of the pilot. I stupidly rebooted the DVR while it was recording episode 2.

The Simpsons Lisa It's Your Birthday episode with Michael Jackson is getting pulled from circulation.

Producers of The Simpsons have decided to pull the Michael Jackson episode of the show from circulation. The decision was made after the release of the Leaving Neverland documentary, which recently premiered on HBO and goes into the child molestation allegations against the King of Pop.
The decision to pull the Stark Raving Dad episode of The Simpsons from circulation was made by creator Matt Groening, executive producer James L. Brooks, and showrunner Al Jean. The episode will be pulled from television reruns, streaming services, and from future Blu-ray and DVD collections from here on out. The decision will more than likely cause a backlash, but Groening, Brooks, and Jean stand by their decision to pull the episode featuring Michael Jackson's voice.

Unfortunate. That ep is squarely in the show's golden era.

that's not even his voice in that clip.

Just finished the last episode (of this season) of the Passage.

pretty damn good - one of the better tv shows of late.

Marvel Studios Reportedly Developing WHAT IF Animated Anthology Series for Disney+

bs94Hpy.jpg

/Film has exclusively learned that Marvel Studios will be producing a new television series for the Disney+ streaming service based on the popular What If comic book series. The new animated show will be overseen by Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios, but the stories will not be canon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Like the comics, this animated anthology series will provide stories that explore how the Marvel Cinematic Universe might have unfolded if key moments in its history had not occurred as they did in recognized canon. For example, one of the episodes will adapt What If? Vol.1 #47, which explored the idea of “What if Loki had found the hammer of Thor?”

The idea is that they could potentially have some of the main actors from the live-action Marvel Cinematic Universe movies reprise their roles in the animated series, which would imagine alternate possibilities from another dimension. The time commitment for voice acting is a whole lot less than for live-action productions, which could accommodate some of the biggest Marvel talent. The series would function as an anthology, just like the comic book series, with each episode tackling a different premise.

/Film has confirmed the information above with three separate sources. Currently, it’s unclear if they will use any other storylines from the comics for inspiration other than the one mentioned above. It’s possible that many of the scenarios will be entirely new, and we know that they will be based on what we have seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and not the comic canon.

The What If comic book series launched in February 1977 and has continued in runs off and on since then, accumulating almost 200 issues in its 9 volume run. Some of the concepts were interesting ways to tell literally impossible stories (like, What if the X-Men died on their first mission?), some were fan service to solve great nerd arguments (like “what if Venom possessed The Punisher?”), and others were just so insanely weird and ridiculous (like “what if Iron Man was trapped in the time of King Arthur?”).

https://www.slashfilm.com/what-if-tv-series-coming-to-disney-plus/

Finished the first season of Gen:Lock. It's pretty solid. The story is good, has some nice twists here and there. Animation is clean and the action is very well done. One that bugs me a little is that the mech's hands are too small, even in their final forms. Looking forward to season two

k08kRid.jpg

anybody is watching Arrow ?

is it just me or is Old Felicity is sooo attractive ?

Miranda Richardson Joins the Cast of HBO's GAME OF THRONES Prequel

vVdyQ30.jpg

HBO's Game of Thrones prequel continues to add to its roster. Ahead of its early summer production start, Miranda Richardson (The Crying Game) has joined the cast of the pilot created by Jane Goldman and George R.R. Martin.

The drama, picked up to pilot last June, is set thousands of years before the events of the HBO flagship. The story chronicles the world's descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. A logline from the network teased the plot without divulging any specifics: "Only one thing is for sure: From the horrifying secrets of Westeros' history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend — it's not the story we think we know."

Details on Richardson's character are, in typical Game of Thrones fashion, being kept under wraps. She joins a cast that also includes Naomi Watts, who is playing a charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret. The rest of the previously announced cast includes Josh Whitehouse (Poldark), Naomi Ackie (Star Wars: Episode IX), Denise Gough (Guerrilla), Jamie Campbell Bower (Twilight), Sheila Atim (Harlots), Ivanno Jeremiah (Black Mirror), Georgie Henley (The Chronicles of Narnia), Alex Sharp (To the Bone) and Toby Regbo (The Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindewald).

The pilot is based on a story from Goldman and Martin, with the teleplay credited to Goldman. Goldman will also serve as showrunner. In addition to Goldman and Martin, executive producers on the series include current Game of Thrones producer Vince Gerardis, as well as Damages and Bloodline co-creator Daniel Zelman and Jim Danger Gray. Chris Symes will serve as a co-EP. SJ Clarkson will direct the pilot. Sara Lee Hess will also be an EP.

Goldman and Martin's Game of Thrones prequel is the first of several potential series set in the world of Westeros to move forward at HBO beyond the script phase. In May 2017, a multitude of writers were revealed by the pay cabler to be working on what Martin himself has described as "successor shows." Those writers include Goldman, Max Borenstein (Kong: Skull Island), Brian Helgeland (Legend), Carly Wray (Westworld) and Game of Thrones veteran Bryan Cogman. Game of Thrones creators and showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss are not involved in the successor show effort, focusing instead on the forthcoming final season of Game of Thrones after more than a decade spent wandering the world of the Seven Kingdoms.

Richardson's credits also include two Harry Potter features, Stronger, Girlfriends, Empire of the Sun, Damage, Enchanted April, Fatherland, Tom & Viv, The Lost Prince and Curfew.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-prequel-enlists-miranda-richardson-1195402

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back