• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

p4pgoat

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
freegifmaker.me_2exvs.gif
Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 11.25.36 AM.png

You're telling me this is the proper way to defend a bulldog choke? Both arms are limp. Come on, he was out.

ben-askren-robbie-lawler-ufc-235-16.jpg

EDIT:
For anyone doubting that a fighter can be choked out but still be able to quickly come to, check this out:

"WATCH THIS MMA FIGHTER GET CHOKED UNCONSCIOUS, THEN WAKE UP AND WIN BY KNOCKOUT IN CRAZY FINISH"
https://www.maxim.com/sports/mma-fighter-chocked-out-still-wins-2017-7

Last edited:
I just don't think he would have gotten out of the choke

Did you listen to Robbie at the press conference?

-he said it wasn't a choke, Askren's arm was around his right year and his left ear was pushed into Askren's body, so he couldn't hear a word Herb was saying

-He said he was perfectly content with letting Askren gas his arms out keeping that headlock

-He said he never went out, not even for a milisecond. He showed ZERO symptoms of someone who just got choked out.

Its all settle, that arm did go limp for a sec, that gif prooves it,

And here is askren crushing a watermelon just to further solidify your statement

[yt]

Thanks TS

-he said it wasn't a choke, Askren's arm was around his right year and his left ear was pushed into Askren's body, so he couldn't hear a word Herb was saying

-He said he was perfectly content with letting Askren gas his arms out keeping that headlock

-He said he never went out, not even for a milisecond. He showed ZERO symptoms of someone who just got choked out.

True he said all that, but it's easy to get away with saying that after a loss with controversy in the air, to soften the loss.. the fact remains he was in a choke and his only response was to sit there with his hands aimed at the floor?

That position did NOT look good for Lawler, I don't know what you are seeing, but it looked like he was stuck there to me.

You missed where he gives the thumbs up. Nice one sided obvious bias. GFYM

Askren's head was holding Robbie's right arm up, Ben moves his head and Lawler's lifeless arm drops to the canvas. That's a wrap, son.

Any footage after this point is irrelevant.

freegifmaker.me_2exvs.gif

Last edited:
During the fight I thought he was out, but in the replay I changed my mind.

Don't look at Lawler, look at Askren. I think 99 out of 100 fighters know when there opponent is out. Especially a grappler like Askren should know. He looks very supprised when Herb stops the fight. He is like 'okay if you say so, you are the boss, I didn't feel a tap.'

Yea he was flash kod from a bulldog choke that he didn't submit to.

Hi retard.

The point you're making of him going limp only applies to someone who is unconscious and the ref literally saving them from dying. Clearly that isn't the case.

i honestly dont know but herb did the right thing, your health is nothing to play with

Maybe a symptom like his arm going limp? This loss isn't on herb it's on my dude Lawler sadly.

Back