Lawler was out (GIF inside)

Was Robbie out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
You can also use the old Brazilian trick of going limp, the choker let's up thinking you are out and then you escape the tightness of the choke.

Trickery was about the only thing that was going to help him there because he was fucked in that position, as I posted in #359. Robbie wanted to slip out the back and he got himself in a really bad position.

So a neck crank is a pain threshold.to say Robbie couldn't have survived is speculation .you don't know how wobbly askrens still was maybe it wasn't as tight because of the beating he just took. Regardless you can't end a fight of speculation of what night happened no court of law needed man lol that's literally the dumbest thing I ever read. Also the ref did a check on Robbie him moving his arm away is proof he wasn't asleep him giving the thumbs up is also proof. In a court of law at this point there would be zero debate if he was unconscious as there is tons of video proof he wasn't. Lol
Damn I’m honored it was the dumbest thing you’ve heard . In sherdog ? Or In life ? From a silver belt that’s saying a lot . The “ court of law “ comment was a metaphor /expression. Not literal . Sorry u took it wrong way . Half the peeps on here think one way , other half the other way bout the choke . Look think what u want , we ain’t convincing each other otherwise and I’ve kept it civil, though u haven’t . All good though . Wish peace and love to u and yours no matter what u say back . Really . I don’t spread negativity .

Last edited:
View attachment 536749
View attachment 536751

You're telling me this is the proper way to defend a bulldog choke? Both arms are limp. Come on, he was out.

ben-askren-robbie-lawler-ufc-235-16.jpg

EDIT:
For anyone doubting that a fighter can be choked out but still be able to quickly come to, check this out:

"WATCH THIS MMA FIGHTER GET CHOKED UNCONSCIOUS, THEN WAKE UP AND WIN BY KNOCKOUT IN CRAZY FINISH"
https://www.maxim.com/sports/mma-fighter-chocked-out-still-wins-2017-7
why does some people still believe so hard in the "limp arm" as proof of being unconcious? you could see on Herb Deans face he immediately realized he messed up

He was out long enough for the ref to stop the fight, and he did. Blood rushed back in his head so he popped back up but all it takes is a split second.

Did you listen to Robbie at the press conference?

-he said it wasn't a choke, Askren's arm was around his right year and his left ear was pushed into Askren's body, so he couldn't hear a word Herb was saying

-He said he was perfectly content with letting Askren gas his arms out keeping that headlock

-He said he never went out, not even for a milisecond. He showed ZERO symptoms of someone who just got choked out.

Robbie is the least reliable source, technically speaking he was unconscious.

How many times are guys knocked out to come to only to try to take the ref down??

He was doing a technique that master seagal tought him.
Its called the limp noodle.
c8d0d632087b985208b178e50c4772d5.jpg

Conscious fighters don't let their limbs fall, especially not while they are in blood chokes, they move their arms not let gravity take control.

FatDisfiguredIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

Takes an eye and a brain to know though.

This is a much better gif to show the situation. Robbie was clearly not out. He's clearly responding to Herb's hands. And that's not even a good choke!

I have never EVER seen anyone "choked out" and within 1/4 second pop right up.

View attachment 536749
View attachment 536751

You're telling me this is the proper way to defend a bulldog choke? Both arms are limp. Come on, he was out.

ben-askren-robbie-lawler-ufc-235-16.jpg

EDIT:
For anyone doubting that a fighter can be choked out but still be able to quickly come to, check this out:

"WATCH THIS MMA FIGHTER GET CHOKED UNCONSCIOUS, THEN WAKE UP AND WIN BY KNOCKOUT IN CRAZY FINISH"
https://www.maxim.com/sports/mma-fighter-chocked-out-still-wins-2017-7
PVZ vs Waterson.. gets choked out and wakes up as soon as the choke is released.

Robbie was propping himself on a knee.

So only his arms were unconscious? His knees retained enough consciousness to hold himself up??? I've heard everything now.

Hey everyone. Robbie was actually half unconscious. This poll needs another option ASAP!

the poll results are actually frightening....

We are truly living in a time where people will believe whatever they want regardless of facts....It's fucking incredible.

Damn I’m honored it was the dumbest thing you’ve heard . In sherdog ? Or In life ? From a silver belt that’s saying a lot . The “ court of law “ comment was a metaphor /expression. Not literal . Sorry u took it wrong way . Half the peeps on here think one way , other half the other way bout the choke . Look think what u want , we ain’t convincing each other otherwise and I’ve kept it civil, though u haven’t . All good though . Wish peace and love to u and yours no matter what u say back . Really . I don’t spread negativity .
opinions can be wrong though that's the thing. We have evidence he was awake, there is zero evidence he was asleep. its honestly that simple

He is on his knees and Askren is supporting his upper body, the only thing that could fall was his arm.
lol not true, his posture would have changed and his other arm is supporting his weight as well. even if Askren supported all his weight, his posture would have changed once 180lbs went dead in his arms. think about that one for a second

lol not true, his posture would have changed and his other arm is supporting his weight as well. even if Askren supported all his weight, his posture would have changed once 180lbs went dead in his arms. think about that one for a second
And he was also not on both of his knees. It’s like he didn’t even watch the gif.

First post but can we agrue that when a fighter gets dropped standing looks out but recovers when he hits the mat is essentially the equivalent to what happened here?

Back