Lawler was out (GIF inside)

Was Robbie out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not only are you a fool, you’re an asshole too.

Serious question, Have you ever train? I’m just kidding it’s obvious you’ve never trained before.

Ofcourse I've trained, how can you read into anything you manlet?

I've had many streetfights, matter of fact I've never lost (but not had to fight in a long time) I am 6 ft 3, 200, not a manlet like you. There goes your projections and assumptions out of the window, like a fool (to quote you back on your own nonsense.)

serveimage

P.S - Imagine calling me a fool (which you called me 3 times) for saying that Robbie Lawler had a reason to soften up his loss by saying the choke was 'barely in' even though he was sat there unable to move.. You fool! :D Use your brain you easy to manipulate doormat beta.

Ofcourse I've trained, how can you read into anything you manlet?

I've had many streetfights, matter of fact I've never lost (but not had to fight in a long time) I am 6 ft 3, 200, not a manlet like you. There goes your projections and assumptions out of the window, like a fool (to quote you back on your own nonsense.)

serveimage

P.S - Imagine calling me a fool (which you called me 3 times) for saying that Robbie Lawler had a reason to soften up his loss by saying the choke was 'barely in' even though he was sat there unable to move.. You fool! :D Use your brain you easy to manipulate doormat beta.

Simmer down there Rickson. Just because your uncle made you blow him behind a karate studio as a kid doesn’t count as training. What other bad SD trope are you going to use next? You forgot to call me a virgin, and mention I live in my parents basement.

By your logic because someone has a reason the exaggerate means the must lying. That has to be the dumbest thing I have read on SD in a while. Congratulations you’re the biggest idiot on SD. Save the bullshit about your 150 IQ. No one believes you.

Last edited:
Simmer down there Rickson. Just because your uncle made you blow him behind a karate studio as a kid doesn’t count as training. What other bad SD trope are you going to use next? You forgot to call me a virgin, and mention I live in my parents basement.

By your logic because someone has a reason the exaggerate means the must lying. That has to be the dumbest thing I have read on SD in a while. Congratulations you’re the biggest idiot on SD. Save the bullshit about your 150 IQ. No one believes you.

10,000 messages since 2008 and you can't even manage a 1:1 like ratio = discussion over, Sherdog thinks you are an idiot that posts crap.

Ironic that you talk about me using bad Sherdog tropes, when the VERY first thing you accused me of is "huh bro, i bet you never trained bro!" and then when i countered and clowned you with the fact I've trained and that i'm 6 ft 3 and not a manlet like you, you reverse it around in a very weak attempt and say "That has to be the dumbest thing i've read in a while" Keep digging that hole, you low IQ dummy. Fact remains, you are a little weed that would get your jaw snapped, so stop talking about training, you don't train.

Yes, compared to you, I would appear to have a 150IQ! Compared to most maybe 135-137, but for you, 150+! Your presence actually increases my IQ because you hit your head on the table too many times!

P.S - That comment you called me a fool over and the 'dumbest sherdogger ever' has 15 likes, not a single one of your responses got a single like. Once again, the Sherdog gods vote, and they deem you a fuckin' fool! :D

Did you listen to Robbie at the press conference?

-he said it wasn't a choke, Askren's arm was around his right year and his left ear was pushed into Askren's body, so he couldn't hear a word Herb was saying

-He said he was perfectly content with letting Askren gas his arms out keeping that headlock

-He said he never went out, not even for a milisecond. He showed ZERO symptoms of someone who just got choked out.
Again with the symptoms LOL!. Someone can go in an out within split seconds with no indication that they were ever out. It happens a lot with KOs: Someone goes out, comes to, and appears as if nothing happened LOL!
Edit: I should say that yes, that dead arm was a symptom.

10,000 messages since 2008 and you can't even manage a 1:1 like ratio = discussion over, Sherdog thinks you are an idiot that posts crap.

Ironic that you talk about me using bad Sherdog tropes, when the VERY first thing you accused me of is "huh bro, i bet you never trained bro!" and then when i countered and clowned you with the fact I've trained and that i'm 6 ft 3 and not a manlet like you, you reverse it around in a very weak attempt and say "That has to be the dumbest thing i've read in a while" Keep digging that hole, you low IQ dummy. Fact remains, you are a little weed that would get your jaw snapped, so stop talking about training, you don't train.

Yes, compared to you, I would appear to have a 150IQ! Compared to most maybe 135-137, but for you, 150+! Your presence actually increases my IQ because you hit your head on the table too many times!

P.S - That comment you called me a fool over and the 'dumbest sherdogger ever' has 15 likes, not a single one of your responses got a single like. Once again, the Sherdog gods vote, and they deem you a fuckin' fool! :D

Likes, yes you’re the king of the masses. Do you know likes have only been around around since 16’ or so. Who did you steal that account from? What do you want to bet that most of your posts are from 2018 and after?

BEB3F44A-8319-4C5C-AF96-DF77239280C8.jpeg

Sherdog has spoken, Robbie was indeed out. Legitimate win for Askren. It’s official. I’m glad we were able to come to a consensus. Thanks for voting!

View attachment 536749
View attachment 536751

You're telling me this is the proper way to defend a bulldog choke? Both arms are limp. Come on, he was out.

ben-askren-robbie-lawler-ufc-235-16.jpg

EDIT:
For anyone doubting that a fighter can be choked out but still be able to quickly come to, check this out:

"WATCH THIS MMA FIGHTER GET CHOKED UNCONSCIOUS, THEN WAKE UP AND WIN BY KNOCKOUT IN CRAZY FINISH"
https://www.maxim.com/sports/mma-fighter-chocked-out-still-wins-2017-7
OMG We still have to deal with this. Even Ben admitted he let off on the hold when Herb came close and Robbie probably woke up cause he did after all, he held a thumbs up after his supposedly limp arm went down. The fight hadn't been stopped when Ben said he woke back up. Stop it you weird Ben Askren army of fans, it should have been a no contest, deal with it.

Again with the symptoms LOL!. Someone can go in an out within split seconds with no indication that they were ever out. It happens a lot with KOs: Someone goes out, comes to, and appears as if nothing happened LOL!
Edit: I should say that yes, that dead arm was a symptom.
You don’t go out and come to that quickly while in a choke that hasn’t been released. No new blood or air would have flowed to being Robbie back if he had been out. That would be assuming Askren actually had a choke sunk, which he didn’t.

All I know is Ben Askren got beat up again and any other top 5 ww in the UFC does the same thing. Its gonna be a funny fall for the Askren fans, i'm truely excited to see it all unfold. Brings a smile to my face just thinking about it.

Even if he wasn’t out please explain to me how the fuck ruthless was getting out of that ? Bens gorilla strong on his squeeze and there was a shit load of time left . He can hold that squeeze for days I’m sure . There was no way out and even if on chin , with bens level of squeeze , robbies inevitably going out or getting broken neck at that angle and with that leverage .
That's terrible logic. You can never assume the result of an MMA fight. You can't justify a stoppage with what might happen.

That fight was over. Herb Dean got it right. Better to err on the side of safety of the fighter than to satisfy a howling crowd who won't be paying for the fighter's medical bills or taking care of his family.
Herb even thinks he got it wrong. Your wrong as well. Worst stoppage ever

Assuming he did go out (I know the opinion is split) is it possible Lawler simply doesn't remember going out for just a few seconds?

So lifeless he starts screaming
at herb immediately. Ref really saved him.

Do you have a thought process or nah?

Lots of energy to complain. No energy to do anything while being choked except look like a corpse.

If he was out he would've went face first into the mat as his arms would not have continued to keep him up.

Plus there are views of him giving the thumbs up right after his arm "went limp".

Whatever he did with his arm, it wasn't a thumbs up. Proof: Herb Dean grabbed and was looking at the arm that did this phantom gesture, and immediately thereafter stopped the fight.

So one question is Lawler considered a "rigid body"? If not then why are you bringing all this up. HINT- Lawler is not a rigid body, so none of stuff is relevant.

Not quite accurate. For the purpose of falling such a short distance, or relaxing to gravity the torso, and attached limbs can be considered rigid bodies.

Back