Lawler was out (GIF inside)

Was Robbie out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
That’s not a good gif. It cuts out just before Robbie resets his hand on the ground. Ben yanks his head causing robbies hand to slide off his head. And he clearly gives the thumbs up after he “goes out.” Bad stoppage. I’m not saying Ben wouldn’t have eventually submitted him but it was stopped early.
FatDisfiguredIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

Askren's head was holding Robbie's right arm up, Ben moves his head and Lawler's lifeless arm drops to the canvas. That's a wrap, son. Any gifs or footage after this point is irrelevant.

View attachment 536759
So lifeless he starts screaming
at herb immediately. Ref really saved him.

Do you have a thought process or nah?

View attachment 536749
View attachment 536751

You're telling me this is the proper way to defend a bulldog choke? Both arms are limp. Come on, he was out.

ben-askren-robbie-lawler-ufc-235-16.jpg

Never out - look at your own clips and photo. Lawler not only stayed conscious, but he never let go of Askren’s left ankle with his left hand - which is another way that Lawler was continuously defending. That’s why’s askren couldnt really lean into his headlock.

It was a bad stop.

I always knew Askren had a chin. Lyman Good caught him with a nasty upkick.

If you aren’t defenseless then you use your right arm to try and stop yourself from being choked, don’t let it fall to the ground like a sack of potatoes and stay there.

Out or not out...intelligently defend yourself and that stoppage doesn’t happen.

This is exactly my point, Lawler was clearly making no effort to defend the choke, what is the ref supposed to do? Legit submission win.

Why would he go unconscious and come back to when the "choke" was still tight?

yes he was .... he wasnt even trying to get out of that choke.. not even punching those ribs....

arm looked limp.

war Funky.

overcoming adversity. ufc level adversity even.

bring on the next "can" for the crusher

View attachment 536749
View attachment 536751

You're telling me this is the proper way to defend a bulldog choke? Both arms are limp. Come on, he was out.

ben-askren-robbie-lawler-ufc-235-16.jpg
What about the part where he gives the red the thumbs up right after this lol is that what someone who goes out does?? The ref did the right thing in checking his arm. But when Robbie kept it lifter and motioned with a thumbs up he clearly wasn't out. It shouldn't have bee .Stopped. I can't think of a worse stoppage in the history of the sport

Doesn't that gif stop right before he gives Herb the thumbs up?

Even if he was out for a second there, he wasn't when Herb stopped the fight so it doesn't really matter. Shit stoppage

Even if he wasn't out, he shouldn't have let his arm fall like that. It was limp. This gave the impression he was out. The thumbs up was really fast, so not even sure it was a thumbs up. Every time I've seen a thumbs up be4, which is a lot, the fighter didn't do it for that short of a time then drop his arm like that. Robbie also said in the presser that he looked at herb and smiled and said I'm OK... Which is impossible cause his face is not in a position to look at herb. I cant fault herb for stopping the fight, everyone thought he was out. Out or not it was Robbies actions that made it seem like he was out and ended in herb calling the fight.

If he was out he would've went face first into the mat as his arms would not have continued to keep him up.

Plus there are views of him giving the thumbs up right after his arm "went limp".

Back