Are UFC fans afraid to admit that Jones fights are mostly boring?

Mixfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This fight with Smith was shit and you could hear boos from the audience. Boring ass play it safe decision win over a journeyman who has been finished 12 times. Holding a helpless Smith against the cage in round 5..pathetic.

The fight with Gus was boring as hell too until Jones got the finish and even then it was uneventful.

The fight with OSP was boring too. Another fight where Jones played it safe putting everyone in the audience to sleep against a guy who isnt even that good.

The only exciting fights in the last 5 years were against DC and the first Gus fight and that's because Jones was forced to exchange.

The fight with Rashad was terrible too..

I know the UFC fans are afraid to admit it but Jon Jones is a boring ass fighter. Even fights that he wins are slow and uneventful with cheating and cage hugging and playing it safe.

Sorry but these are facts but UFC geeks are so obsessed with dominance they would rather watch a steroid user play it safe and win boring decisions over journey men.

3 of his last 4 fights have been somewhat boring but that's because he's so dominate. DC is the only one who brought the fight to him.

That's why he needs to fight guys like Santos and Walker who will go for broke

Until he wont have a decent opponent... yeah, pretty much.

He's still one of the best ever tho.

I'm so frightened. Nay, I'm terrified. Scratch that, I'm aghast.

3 of his last 4 fights have been somewhat boring but that's because he's so dominate. DC is the only one who brought the fight to him.

That's why he needs to fight guys like Santos and Walker who will go for broke
This. It's just like jose Aldo all over again. He was a killer then he became so dominant he didnt even have to try so he didnt a d it made for boring fights unless someone brought it to him

So was GSP but his fights against Kos, Hardy, Alves and Fitch were boring and he put audiences to sleep all over the world.
Somehow he won a fight of the night in there

Why should i be afraid to tell the truth ? Jones and Silva had worse fights than GSP.

Fight with Bader wasn’t boring.
Fight with Vera wasn’t boring.
Fight with shogun wasn’t boring.
Fight with Rampage wasn’t boring.
Fight with Rashad wasn’t boring.
Fight with Machida wasn’t boring.
Fight with Vitor wasn’t boring.
Fights with Gus weren’t boring.
Fights with Cormier weren’t boring.

I fuckin hate jones and he aint at that anderson silva level yet but if hes only allowed to use unlimited energy bar pulsing and not all weapons unlimited ammo picos,you get what we had last week.

Smith was boring.
Him flattening out and smashing hype boy Gus was great.
Kicking DC's head off was great.
OSP was boring.
Sonning DC was good.

He mostly has good fights, just because he doesn't swing wildly looking for a KO doesn't make him boring

Rogan summed it up. Jones fights to the level of his opponents.

If Smith had actually done what he said he'd do it could have be exciting, but instead it just fought Jones' fight and did nothing to apply pressure

This fight with Smith was shit and you could hear boos from the audience. Boring ass play it safe decision win over a journeyman who has been finished 12 times. Holding a helpless Smith against the cage in round 5..pathetic.

The fight with Gus was boring as hell too until Jones got the finish and even then it was uneventful.

The fight with OSP was boring too. Another fight where Jones played it safe putting everyone in the audience to sleep against a guy who isnt even that good.

The only exciting fights in the last 5 years were against DC and the first Gus fight and that's because Jones was forced to exchange.

The fight with Rashad was terrible too..

I know the UFC fans are afraid to admit it but Jon Jones is a boring ass fighter. Even fights that he wins are slow and uneventful with cheating and cage hugging and playing it safe.

Sorry but these are facts but UFC geeks are so obsessed with dominance they would rather watch a steroid user play it safe and win boring decisions over journey men.

Yes I’m terrified of admitting that. I’m shaking as I type this post. It’s like MMA PTSD.

I didn't find it boring at all.

Jones also mentioned that "if you're gonna let me hold you against the case, I will do that."

It's not boring to see if someone can figure out how to not get controlled like a child. Anthony wasn't able to though.

Jones on his knees slapping Smith upside the head was really entertaining to me. Literally big brothering Smith.

That Smith fight was terrible. It may have been the worse Bones fight I've seen to date.

Jones v Glover boring
Jones v OSP boring
Jones v Smith boring

Jones v Gus II kind of neutral on. The boring ones are cause those opponents were so outmatched(Gus was injured for second fight and Jones wanted revenge for the first one). That's not too bad. Up to the Gus I fight, his fights were typically great and he was an exciting champ. Even if you think Santos has no chance that matchup should be super exciting cause Santos will force Jones to do the fancy MT stuff that made his early domination so much fun to watch.

Boring...too easy use this word.
Fighters do what they have to do to get the W, nobody can contest for real.

Is it his fault though? An exciting fight requires two actors.

Back