Are UFC fans afraid to admit that Jones fights are mostly boring?

When you say "boring" we all remember that three letters... GSP.

Jon Jones "boring"... These casuals...
{<jordan}

They are boring, but that's because he's so much better than them that he doesn't have to take any risks to finish the fight, he can simply neutralise and cruise to victory.

Fight with Bader wasn’t boring.
Fight with Vera wasn’t boring.
Fight with shogun wasn’t boring.
Fight with Rampage wasn’t boring.
Fight with Rashad wasn’t boring.
Fight with Machida wasn’t boring.
Fight with Vitor wasn’t boring.
Fights with Gus weren’t boring.
Fights with Cormier weren’t boring.

Those fights were from 8 years ago, guy.

3 of his last 4 fights have been somewhat boring but that's because he's so dominate. DC is the only one who brought the fight to him.

That's why he needs to fight guys like Santos and Walker who will go for broke
To be fair I assumed Smith would go for broke as well. Especially later in the fight when he realized he was out of his league

It's boring because we know he'll win, which wasnt the case against DC. Was hilarious that anyone thought Gus had a shot in hell in the rematch.

LHW is a mess when a guy like Smith gets a TS. It's a nightmare trying to a title shot @ 155 or 170.

Fight with Bader wasn’t boring.
Fight with Vera wasn’t boring.
Fight with shogun wasn’t boring.
Fight with Rampage wasn’t boring.
Fight with Rashad wasn’t boring.
Fight with Machida wasn’t boring.
Fight with Vitor wasn’t boring.
Fights with Gus weren’t boring.
Fights with Cormier weren’t boring.
Rampage, Rashad, and Vitor were boring ass fights..... Dominant, but boring.

my bro who ordered the fight said he wont be getting another jones fight for a while, granted hes pretty much just a casual/regular fan.

So was GSP but his fights against Kos, Hardy, Alves and Fitch were boring and he put audiences to sleep all over the world.

How was GSP’s fight with Fitch and Alves boring? Both got beaten up and almost finished on multiple occasions.

EmptyNippyGalago-size_restricted.gif

sdidr6_jpg.gif

tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Don’t believe everything you read

Last edited:
Jones realizes he's at a position to wait for his opponent to come to him. If opponent is content to just survive then Jones just picks them apart for 5 rounds for an easy 5-0 decision or until they turtle or gives up their back for the finish.

Those fights were from 8 years ago, guy.
First off, that’s false. Secondly, Who cares? The thread says MOSTLY. It doesn’t say anything about when the fights happened...you just brought that in from out of nowhere.

When I said this in this forum, I was accused of just being a hater. But in fact, Jones' fights bored me way back before I knew there was anything to hate about him.

………….

Sorry but these are facts but UFC .

Lol. ok. Good to know that OPINIONS are now classed as FACTS.
You should let Macquarie know. They can update their definitions.

This fight with Smith was shit and you could hear boos from the audience. Boring ass play it safe decision win over a journeyman who has been finished 12 times. Holding a helpless Smith against the cage in round 5..pathetic.

The fight with Gus was boring as hell too until Jones got the finish and even then it was uneventful.

The fight with OSP was boring too. Another fight where Jones played it safe putting everyone in the audience to sleep against a guy who isnt even that good.

The only exciting fights in the last 5 years were against DC and the first Gus fight and that's because Jones was forced to exchange.

The fight with Rashad was terrible too..

I know the UFC fans are afraid to admit it but Jon Jones is a boring ass fighter. Even fights that he wins are slow and uneventful with cheating and cage hugging and playing it safe.

Sorry but these are facts but UFC geeks are so obsessed with dominance they would rather watch a steroid user play it safe and win boring decisions over journey men.
Good post, I also heard a lot of boos for Jones.

They were not happy about the illegal kicks or the illegal knee. But mainly the boring wall and stall eventually caught up with them

Usman and Jones both need a lesson in urgency

How was GSP’s fight with Fitch and Alves boring? Both got beaten up and almost finished on multiple occasions.

EmptyNippyGalago-size_restricted.gif

sdidr6_jpg.gif

tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Don’t believe everything you read

haters will hate and do whatever they can to turn a post against GSP

Im confused! Jones has fans?

Nobody makes him fight. It's not his fault.

And yeah, his fights are mostly boring. He doesn't go after his opponents. He keeps his range and then point fights, goes for a finish if it's guaranteed. It's the most frustrating aspect of his run.

haters will hate and do whatever they can to turn a post against GSP

It’s weird.

I can’t remember the last Jones or any other fighters fight that went to a decision where it had that much action

Jon Jones is scary not boring

Back