Justin Buchholz throwing shade at Team Alpha Male

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/tsn-mma-show-episode-78-1.1268865

Interview was from TSN's MMA Show podcast.

Starts 41:00 in if you click through to the website. (There's an interview with Derrick Lewis before it.)

Cliffs:
  • Was with TAM from the time that he was a UFC fighter in the mid-2000s up until Elkins beat Michael Johnson.
    • He'd been working with TAM fighters as an assistant coach from the beginning.
  • Says the slump that started after Ludwig left the team got worse after he (Buchholz) left.
  • The only TAM fighter that he's still working with, Cynthia Calvillo, is the only one on a win streak right now.
  • Trashes the corner instructions during Garbrandt/Munhoz for not being specific enough in telling Cody to back off of the exchange.
    • Says that TAM guys abandoned Cody in the cage after the decision was read out. This was ridiculous because Cody was concussed and needed to be monitored.
  • Credits Duke Roufus/Din Thomas's corner work during UFC 235 as the polar opposite of TAM in spite of the fact that their guy lost.
    • Roufus was solely concerned with Woodley's well being after the fight.
  • Has no problems with Bang and TJ and would still work with them. The beef is with Faber.
    • Says that Faber would have to lick his boots for him to even consider coming back.
    • Says Faber kicked him out without notice after a decade with the team.
  • Says Ludwig clearly improved the team and Faber's decision to kick out Ludwig (and TJ) was asinine.
    • Claims that TAM almost folded after Ludwig left.
    • Faber tried to sell the gym but couldn't find a buyer.
  • Says that the TJ/Bang situation was identical to what happened with him, only Cody stayed when he was fired as coach.
    • Says that Faber's ego is out of control and that he can't handle coaches who make better decisions and get better results than he can.
  • Says that he and Ludwig were replaced by guys who have zero experience coaching and don't know what they're doing.
  • Thinks that the team is done now that Mendes has retired.
    • Mendes was the team's anchor.
    • Says that TAM even botched Mendes's retirement announcement.
  • Funny exchange between Buchholz and interviewer about how baffled Cruz has been by the fact that he lost to Cody after seeing Cody's performances in the last three fights.
    • Buchholz says that he cornered 27 rounds with TAM fighters against Cruz and had a lot of input into the gameplan for Cruz/Garbrandt.
  • Thinks that Cody is regressing to his pre-UFC form.
    • Cody can't control his emotions and needs stern coaching.
    • Cody also needs to be restrained in the gym. Cody has hurt guys himself despite the criticism against TJ for doing the same thing.

That's about all that's relevant before getting into "not reading this shit" territory.

After TJ left and Urijah retired, team Alpha Male has fallen off the rails hardcore

Chad got TKO'd in December and now Cody gets TKO'd in March. Two of their best guys have been finished back to back. Andre Filli of all people is the only one winning
Yadong Song is doing his thing in the UFC currently, Nad has won all of his UFC fights thus far and has not lost since 2014, DF was on his way to being a contender at 125 and fights Formiga next, Sage was on a win streak before he decided to leave the UFC.. outside of the UFC, Avila and Murdock, have been killing it, while Munoz is a legit prospect who is undefeated.

damn wish you posted this earlier lol... just listened to the TSN interview ...

damn wish you posted this earlier lol... just listened to the TSN interview ...

I saw people on Twitter saying that Buchholz really unloaded, so I figured that I'd do a summary. I'm surprised that nobody else did.

Thanks for the cliffs, TS.
Quality posting.

TAM always has some sort of drama going on. I remember Justin shitting on TJ a whole bunch on TUF for leaving TAM. Didn't take long for Justin to be trashing TAM after his departure.

The drama continues.

TJ "Not actually a snake but it sounds badass now" Dillashaw

TJ "Not actually a snake but it sounds badass now" Dillashaw

TJ's a d-bag, but I thought that it was obvious at the time that he made the best decision for his career by leaving with Ludwig.

Of all the things to criticize him for, that was the most ridiculous.

TJ's a d-bag, but I thought that it was obvious at the time that he made the best decision for his career by leaving with Ludwig.

Of all the things to criticize him for, that was the most ridiculous.
TJ not even bad compared to Cody.

They have Super Sage there. They will be alright. He will lead them into the light.

Wasnt this guy shitting all over TJ and Duane during TUF?

Guy seems like a snake of the yellowest belly species.

Thanks for the cliffs, TS.

Thanks for the cliffs TS..

You can’t really take everything that someone, who has recently been fired, has to say about the situation as a fact but for some reason I believe everything he said.

TAM seems like a bunch of little guys with big ego’s, and they are proving that’s exactly what they are. It’s a shame too because I really respect faber and wanted to believe that he was a great coach and that his team was like a family.

He may be right in all the things he said, but this guy is still a clown and an alpha fail.

Did he publicly apologize for the way he and others treated Duane Ludwig?

TS with some quality notes. You’re invited to the cookout.

Did he publicly apologize for the way he and others treated Duane Ludwig?

No, he's just kind of pretending that was all Faber's doing now that he's on the outs with that crew too.

He's clearly bitter, but most of this stuff is either obvious or has been verified by other people with a connection to TAM.

Back