• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Why did Anderson turn into such a jerk in the Maia, Côté fights?

For the exact same reason Diaz did this to Anderson. To get his opponent to engage.
Nick-Diaz.jpg

This is something that Silva never said (him and Wanderlei used this excuses with Belfort but not with Maia), why did you have to fabricate this shit?

Reasons are simple:
Maia: he didn't want to risk to be grabbed
Cote: he didn't want to risk to be koed
why do you think he was calling him a play boy?

I think Silva was always a bit of an arrogant prick. He tried to build up a modest/respectful/wise martial arts master image, but occasionally his nature shone through.

they were trying to get him to lead and he doesn't like that

Looking back, being one of the UFC's biggest stars he acted reasonably well. Look at some of these other champs when they get successful.

This. At least he fought someone and defended his title.

Silva is the GOAT. Deal with it haters

I got news for ya buddy he was a dick long before that

Because they were just standing around and not playing into his game. And "Mocking and belittling" is a bit of an overstatement he was just trying to get them to do something so he could counter.

This.
He said Maia said "he was going to rip off one of the spiders arms". It seems he got into andersons head so he wanted to keep his distance and counter. He didn't want to play the ground game with him.

For me the Maia fight is one of the most underrrated Silva fights. Him doing the air guitar move is still one of his highlights for me.

I've always believed he just wanted to clown him for a few rounds then put him away. But the 45 degrees humid Dubai climate played a role in the fight and both got tired after like 2-3 rounds.

Mostly because they pretty much quit. Both guys showed up not to lose, and when they couldn't implement their A plan they tried to low key Kalib Starnes their way through it.

hwiix5.jpg

6t0peb.jpg

10001176.gif

Maia insulted AS's bjj black belt and the Nog brothers who awarded it to him.

Côte was just dangerous and AS hadn't gotten a reading on him yet.

Back