Why did Anderson turn into such a jerk in the Maia, Côté fights?

wtf is a playboy? It's a word Ive heard all my life and never understood. Wtf is a fuckboy also? sounds like a twink
You seen Brazilian guys walking around with implants and thongs? There seems to be a culture like that in Brazil: rich spoiled kids who are absolutely useless.

There’s also a lot of class warfare in South America, much more so than in the US. A rich family usually has servants, cooks, drivers, etc. Only in America where a well to do guy goes to Home Depot or works in the garage. That’s for the lower class in South America.

The ruling class is almost always white and the poor people are always dark skinned in Brazil where poverty is rampant. Lots of resentment apparently

Showing 3 gifs of Silva not willing to engage. Fact is Silva can basically only counter. He's not that good at initiating attacks.

When you are winning rounds that's not really as important. Anderson didn't have the fight of his life, but he outstruck Maia 6-1 and there were 0 takedowns and 0 sub attempts despite taking a knee, leaving his hands down and the occasional air guitar.

I also didn't pick just any 3 gifs. I cherry-picked Maia flopping or refusing to engage when Anderson put his defenses completely down. Anderson isn't just not engaging in those gifs he's offering himself up.

Not to say Anderson has no blame here, but if you are losing and a guy is taking a knee in front of you, maybe standing there like Ryu when someone drops the controller isn't a winning strategy.

For your peace of mind, here is Anderson engaging (while fucking around). He lands at a 100% clip. 4 strikes while Maia attempts 1 and lands 0 then half-asses a TD attempt:
2efi93m.jpg

He didn't want to get tagged by the most likeable person to enter the octagon before Aleksei Oleynik arrived on the scene.

7.gif

He couldn't hang with the badboys.

Silva was so scared to engage in a fight with BJJ Master Demian Maia. The only one who was more scared was Tyron Woodley.

Both of these guys are @20falarVerdades idols lol . I feel bad for him

Because they were just standing around and not playing into his game. And "Mocking and belittling" is a bit of an overstatement he was just trying to get them to do something so he could counter.
/thread

Wtf you smoking, the guy you quote was correct. You must be an old fart.

You're both morons. At least I don't cover my mouth like a little fruity boy.

You’re not from Toronto I guess. The young people call a promiscuous straight guy.

Fuckboy can have multiple meanings, I guess. Over here it's basically the same as a jailboy.

For me the Maia fight is one of the most underrrated Silva fights. Him doing the air guitar move is still one of his highlights for me.

I've always believed he just wanted to clown him for a few rounds then put him away. But the 45 degrees humid Dubai climate played a role in the fight and both got tired after like 2-3 rounds.

Silva went two rounds up then decided he didn't want to go first and neither did Maia, so Silva just taunted Maia to strike and Maia shot for slopping telegraphed takedowns, terrible fight. It felt like if Silva would just put his foot on the gas he could've pieced Maia up.

Silva went two rounds up then decided he didn't want to go first and neither did Maia, so Silva just taunted Maia to strike and Maia shot for slopping telegraphed takedowns, terrible fight. It felt like if Silva would just put his foot on the gas he could've pieced Maia up.

I honestly feel like the Dubai climate had a big impact in both of their performances. But I might be biased in my memory. I remember enjoying the first two rounds a lot then it became a snoozefest.

Fuckboy can have multiple meanings, I guess. Over here it's basically the same as a jailboy.

Yea If you watch older movies if you call someone a fuckboy or a cockboy you’re calling them gay.

When I heard it 5 years ago from a girlfriend, “You’re just a fuckboy aren’t you?” I thought she was calling me a male hooker instead of unfaithful.

i thought he used that cyborg logic in the maia fight. Brazilians shouldnt be challenging other Brazilians.

Silva was playing not with his opponents, but with Dana White and the promotion. Had some kind of issue with them at that time, if I remember...

People can hate Silva as they wish, but the fact is: he is the most genius who ever fought MMA. Genius are crazy people, "is normal": sometimes they are serious, sometimes they talk and do shit, they are unpredictable, simple.

Respect the legend. WAR SPIDER!!

Because that's who he is. He portrays this humble non speaking English fake persona. He's a real dirtbag, it shows in his personality and when he speaks. For example, him wanting to fight a much smaller man in Conor or trashing gsp after he retired. He is fake

Idk if I remember well enough but it seemed like he was just frustrated Maia wasnt biting after like the middle 3rd

Lmao a jerk

Softest thread I’ve ever seen

Back