Who is the biggest glass cannon of all time in the UFC?

800px-Todd_Image.jpg

Jimi Manuwa is a glass cannon incarnate.

Last edited:
It boggles my mind that anyone says Chuck.

Sure, old man Liddell was a waking or stumbling pane of glass in his later years, but his whole claim to fame for most of his career was his ability to eat shots and give them back harder...

Which is why he ended up the way he is, but you can’t discount what a fighter and consistent champion was in his prime because of how he performed in his 40s.

Overeem clearly. He's been getting knocked unconscious for many many years. I honestly don't see how he continues so long. He had some brutal kos as lhw in pride when he was young, so he always had that button to push. He still speaks well and doesn't slur or any of that, that I've noticed. Maybe the horsemeat gives him superhuman recovery.

It got me thinking after watching justin vs edson.

I dont mean that negatively, i love it. But these dudes have a ton of offense and not much defense. Justin because of his style and barbosa for his questionable chin, even though hes got great TDD.

If not any of them, then who?

Fyi glass cannon refers to their chin, not their defense. Neither of these two qualify. A glass Cannon is someone like Overeem. Lethal offense, glass chin.

Lol at the people mentioning Chuck. His chin was gone at the end of his career but he wasnt knocking anyone out by that point either. He was never a glass cannon.

Great choices fellas.

Id add rumble when you factor in submissions.

Dude basically has every loss by sub.
Rumble had an iron chin but a glass heart.

Gokhan Saki or whatever his name is

Thats a glass cannon

1-2 in MMA with every single fight ending by brutal knockout either way

High offense no defense?
in this case we're talking chinny guys who are great offensively, not guys with bad defense.

chuck and marciano don't work, chuck in his prime had a great chin and marciano is one of the toughest fuckers of all time.

Back