Aaron "Tex" Johnson Accused of Rape

GordoBarraBJJ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
As I stated in another thread - I don't really follow BJJ too much anymore.

Anyhow, I have heard of this TEX guy - didn't know who he was (as in a facee) but have read he was asked to leave another gym and stories of him not being the greatest training partner.

And now we have this:

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/aaro...OKZ1s192pvN3Y_Z4ayXWB5Fv_c9Xcxmwkw_j1RFWRFTIw

The incident in question took place around the same time as Kasai 5 where Felipe Pena got subbed by the alleged assaulter.

NY based artist Jennifer Strings wrote a graphic post about Tex’s alleged misdeeds – which actually line up with his weird entry to rehab.

sounds like he ignores the idea of consent in several contexts.

I feel kinda dirty for enjoying his fights now. But his aggressive style is entertaining.

Ugh. Good for that woman for pursuing legal action.

sounds like he ignores the idea of consent in several contexts.

I feel kinda dirty for enjoying his fights now. But his aggressive style is entertaining.

Ugh. Good for that woman for pursuing legal action.
Yeah,

BJJ (martial arts) is certainly attracting some low life's (I guess that it always has).

Kinda scary what some of these guys are capable of.

And odd that this guy is suddenly off to rehab in mexico

I trained with Tex for several years. My wife and I were training partners and friends with his wife. The vast majority of the time Tex was a sweetheart and quite likable. I'd really, really like to think that this story is impossible, but....

Mostly I just feel sorry for his wife. She doesn't deserve this drama, true or otherwise.

I trained with Tex for several years. My wife and I were training partners and friends with his wife. The vast majority of the time Tex was a sweetheart and quite likable. I'd really, really like to think that this story is impossible, but....

Mostly I just feel sorry for his wife. She doesn't deserve this drama, true or otherwise.

i heard he def could have his mean moments ect but i hate how today people will completely just slander a guy when 0 evidence has been shown just by someones word. this me too movement is pathetic

I don't know the details of the incident, but I'm tired of accusations ruining people's lives. If this is true then he should get what he deserves, but if it isn't then it is total bullshit that his name will be linked with rape forever.

0 evidence has been shown just by someones word

Without any judgement on this particular case, just speaking generally:

Unless you want the girl to distribute a video of herself being raped or publish the lab report on her rape kit, I'm not sure what else you'd expect to see. It's hard to substantiate things that happen between two people behind closed doors.

I'm just as uninformed as the next guy, but seems weird that right before this comes out, he leaves the state, and publicly checks into rehab (establishing a substance abuse problem). Could just be coincidence though.

I don't know the details of the incident, but I'm tired of accusations ruining people's lives. If this is true then he should get what he deserves, but if it isn't then it is total bullshit that his name will be linked with rape forever.
Agreed and the gal should be held accountable.

It just looks fishy that at the same time he is off to mexico or something for rehab.

Unless you want the girl to distribute a video of herself being raped or publish the lab report on her rape kit, I'm not sure what else you'd expect to see. It's hard to substantiate things that happen between two people behind closed doors.

I would expect more people reserving judgement till the matter is investigated by the police, rather than a "accusation are always true" attitude that you see say on reddit.

I would expect more people reserving judgement till the matter is investigated by the police, rather than a "accusation are always true" attitude that you see say on reddit.

There's a pretty profound difference between reserving final judgement and not letting accusations color your perception of people at all. I honestly don't get the stance of "we're not allowed to say anything util the court case is finalized". For one, courts are only the arbiters of defining behavior as criminal, not whether it was right or wrong. Plenty of reprehensible actions are legal. Second, the fact that there is an accusation at all is at least a probabilistic indication that something bad happened, even though it isn't "evidence" per se. Yes, sometimes innocent people do get accused of terrible things. However, I'd bet the vast majority of people publicly accused of straight-up rape in this manner at the very least made some serious errors in judgement. To ignore that is naive. (I have no data for this, I'll admit.)

What I do see a lot of is "YOU CAN'T SAY HE'S 100% GUILTY!" in response to "Man, it looks like this guy might have done something bad." That's a reply to a straw man.

Last edited:

but anyone could just try t ruin your rep funny how at the peak of his game this comes out

sucks, he was one of the refs at Fuji few months back, think he reffed my kids matches

hope this isn't true but u never know I guess

However, I'd bet the vast majority of people publicly accused of straight-up rape in this manner at the very least made some serious errors in judgement. To ignore that is naive. (I have no data for this, I'll admit.)
I don't assume he is innocent, and I wouldn't let him baby sit kids because everything is cleared up but having to police check the evidence, question him and check if the women isn't crazy before ruining him has a lot of merit.
I'm not sure what the statistics for public accusations are but I do feel that model push by of SJW of assuming the victim is always right without even looking at evidence will cause more false accusations.
In cases of false accusation I have looked the assued guys where banging crazy sluts (particulary egregarious example of such a slut https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Sulkowicz )

Nah, that is not how shit works. And your example is a both a slippery slope (absurd example) and a false dilemma fallacy.

Nah, that is not how shit works.

How is it supposed to work? I was responding to someone saying that the alleged victim's word was insufficient basis for them making a public claim. What evidence should they provide to the general public, then?

And your example is a both a slippery slope (absurd example) and a false dilemma fallacy.

Then what's the middle ground? I wasn't claiming those were the only two options; it was a solicitation of alternatives.

And in this case, remember, I actually DO know the person in question and have a frame of reference into which this accusation fits.

Last edited:

What about the small amount of time he wasn’t a sweetheart ? U said “ vast majority “. Just wondering bout the times he wasn’t or if there was any inkling of a temper or control issues .

any inkling of a temper or control issues

Well, I'm pretty sure he was asked to leave both Alliance HQ and Lepri's gyms for injuring training partners. Beyond that, I can't back up any statement other than that to me these latest allegations don't seem totally implausible. If most people I know were accused of something like this I'd say "No fucking way." Sadly I can't do that here.

We'll find out in due time.

Last edited:
Back