Why I Don't Like Ben Askren by Jorge Masvidal

How much of Masvidal's opinion do you agree with?

• Total voters
I like them both. Interested to see who wins a fight between them. Engage

Smart and funny guys who are tough are extremely intimidating to less intelligent fighters that are tough, who rely on the "I could beat him up" rationalization when they feel insecure over their intelligence.

Askren is the smartest fighter in the UFC, the most handsome, and potentially the best performing fighter (TBD). He's wonderful.

Rather be a funny troll like Askren that a cringey, wannabe gangster like Masvidal.

Ben is going to blanket jorge to death that is why he doesnt like him, masvidal is going to announce an injury soon

The poll results aren't following a bell curve :(
trying my best...
giphy.gif

Isn't this fool friends with Colby?
Yep, which is why I roll my eyes at all of his complaints. I can understand a fighter like Robbie who doesn't like the lime light process disliking a guy like Askren. But if you are friends with Colby you don't get to whine about Askren's schtick.

Last edited:
Ben's fight plan: Block kicks and punches with my head and keep feinting jabs and spinning back fists until I can grab him. Then finish with a ground and pillow or submission.

Jorge gets a lot of heat on here.

i think he’s a pretty scary dude and not a fight I’d want. He doesn’t have that superstar name brand, but has the skills to piece you up and embarrass you

he is a skilled fighter, but he also seems insecure as fuck.

Ben Askren fanbase is as cringe as Ben himself lol

The dad bod with the dad jokes and the stupid ass hair... I can see why people find him entertaining but it is cringe as fuck. Why was Ben even in the UK for the Jorge and Till fight? UFC had a extra ticket? People watch Modern Family or Big Bang Theory and think its the funniest shit ever and I don't get that either so what do I know.

8d35830c341c99c280be7c14e168a6f1.gif

Ben's fans are a bunch of redditors who have never seen him fight except against Robbie.
All bandwagon jumpers, probably the same people that were hyping Darren Till and Francis Ngannou and then proceeded to shit on them after they lost.

Tim Boetsch. What a savage. My favorite throw in ufc history.
The Barbarian Bitch Toss. What a moment that was!

David Heath was such a sacrificial lamb. That toss, and then the time when Babalu held onto the anaconda

Jorge most likely be getting held onto for the whole fight but damn, what I would do for repeat of what he did to Till and Cerrone here..

These are always funny. Ben is well spoken, Jorge is more of an animal type. Always funny to see how these go. I see lots of 'who is shook' type bro-science incoming. Funniest will be if Ben LNP wins against Jorge and then talks sht. That will cause some good activity on Sherdog.

I can do without most of Sherdog hypological research into who is the next big thing or not, but I love, loooooove, shookology. And no one knows shookology better than Sherdog.

Ben askren is one of those guys you only like as a joke. It's like Colby Covington fans, you don't actually like Colby but you follow him as a meme.

im sick of astrash already, but i think he will beat masvidal. masvidal will get humped to death and lose a decision

None, if anyone's a punk it's the guy assaulting people over words.

Back