Why I Don't Like Ben Askren by Jorge Masvidal

How much of Masvidal's opinion do you agree with?

• Total voters
he was BFF with Colby. now he's talking like he's gangster. he's got street cred, sure but this is MMA and Askren has done more as an martial artist.

Why is this reminding me of the Sonnen & Wanderlei feud?

Masvidal is too much of a tough guy for me to really be a fan but i've always liked his fighting style. Askren, on the other hand, is indeed corny af and i don't like him that much (i like sonnen tho, it's weird cause they are somewhat similar). not a fan of his pure wrestling style either. i do respect him tho, it's incredible how he can win fights only using wrestling in this day and age. and he beat (?) a juiced robbie after being slammed and punched hard multiple times.

Jorge is great. Askren is funny in his own way but I get why Jorge isn’t feeling it. There’s room for all types.

Jorge is really going to hate Ben after their fight.

Well Masvidal fans are the type to use the word 'cringe' (as evidenced by this thread), and Ben isn't concerned with "acting cool" like some teen or rap-star, so it's not surprising they don't get along.

I've always been a pretty big fan of Masvidal as he was a big dark horse before he finally got some credit after knocking out Cowboy. I also feel as though he wouldn't click with me as well. He doesn't seem to take too kindly to small talk and those that like to attempt to be friends with those around them. I get it -- not everyone wants to be your friend. Askren isn't the dude that is going to bond with Masvidal as he is a very sociable dude.
They are such polar opposite personalities and fighters that they were bound to rub each other the wrong way heavily. Ben is always goofing, needling people, and keeping a happy demeanor. Mas is usually brooding,wants to beat up anybody who says anything about him, and takes everything too seriously. Their skillsets are as opposite as their personalities too.

Once Ben has hold of Jorge.

Mma_c67a32_5470375.gif
Name ONE time ben askren ever did anything even remotely resembling what is in that gif.

Jorge hates everyone. Its so easy to trigger him. Hope Ben smashes him.

I thought this was vaguely relevant...

kzbpcQf.jpg

They are such polar opposite personalities and fighters that they were bound to rub each other the wrong way heavily. Ben is always goofing, needling people, and keeping a happy demeanor. Mas is usually brooding,wants to beat up anybody who says anything about him, and takes everything too seriously. Their skillsets are as opposite as their personalities too.
Agreed -- I will say though, I have always felt that Masvidal's wrestling is brutally underrated.

Back