Duck Alert! Hearn Low Balls Ortiz - fight is off

Be honest, would you guys rather watch AJ vs. Ortiz or AJ vs. Hunter/Ruiz?

Everyone saying Ortiz doesn't deserve to get paid are lying to themselves if they'd rather watch AJ fight another stiff over him.

Everyone saying Ortiz doesn't deserve to get paid are lying to themselves if they'd rather watch AJ fight another stiff over him.
Nobody said Ortiz doesn't deserve to get paid though.

If true 4m is a bit cheeky, it’s not turn the fight down bad though imo.

That is until you remember Hearn IS Whyte's promoter

What seem clear is that Joshua or his handlers love presenting these "fake offers" to difficult opponents to make it seem he is willing to fight anyone. Presenting financially one sided offers is like me insulting mike tyson (or some tough guy) on his twitter to make me seem tough, when I have no intention of getting anywhere near him, many of the usual suspect joshua fans lapping it up as per usual

What seems clear to me is these fighters are so scared of losing, and so lacking in confidence that they’ll beat AJ, that they’re pricing themselves out. They’re basically saying, “I’m gonna take an L, and an L on my record is gonna cost $x, and anything below $x is a lowball!”

Just a reminder to everyone, that right after Miller was announced as AJ’s opponent, Ortiz released a long statement, and in that statement he said he’d fight AJ “for just about any amount.” Now his team is jumping on the lowball bandwagon.

Turning down AJ for a possible Wilder rematch. He only made $500k in a loss to Wilder. Must still think Eilder is the easier fight. That or Uncle Al is brainwashing him.

MMA, it depends on each state. Some require releasing the purses, some don’t.

What’s he gunna say to Ortiz “Me Naygro you Naygro, me give you lotta moneys okay papi?”

Think homie wants his last shot at Wilder, but im thinking he better jump on this just because He wont get the same bread for Wilder. Either way it’s team joshua hunting for somone to raise their hand and fight on short notice you have to see Hearn can’t just throw the nasty Anise flavored candies he has to work with something.

It's a valid point though. Why is Hearn offering $6.5mil to Miller but not Ortiz?

Shit, short notice? He should fill the .5 and make it 7M afterall the whole event was an investment as a whole on Joshuas name in the US was it not?

Shit, short notice? He should fill the .5 and make it 7M afterall the whole event was an investment as a whole on Joshuas name in the US was it not?
Pretty much, although I don't think the opponent had much to do with it. Just as long as it wasn't someone terrible.

You weren't highly critical at all, stop telling blatant lies.

You pretended to be critical, but quickly went back to 'these heavyweights need to just fight each other' rather than focusing on Wilder.

Everyone knows that if it was AJ you'd have no worries focusing on him. So many people have pointed out this issue with you, you think they are all wrong?

Might be time for some honest reflection.
Dont try to tell me my own fucking opinions lol. This is just one thread on the matter of Wilder turning down the DAZN offer.
Wilder is out of his fucking mind. My hopes for HW boxing are officially back in the shitter.

Cant believe this BS.

Well tbh Ortiz looked 60 his last fight. What stiff? Ruiz nearly beat Parker some said he would of got the nod had it been here in the states. Proven tank, faster hands, and never been stopped Ruiz is a more exciting fight hands down. We know Ortiz is gunna get killed it’s probably why he’s trying to make the way out with a last attemp at Wilder. I like Ortiz a lot but the age is too visible now, imo any top 10 who takes him mid fight and puts some heavy leather on him stops him, homie is taking blood preassure meds in his 40’s! Wait what 40’s? He’s just 40 right now.

If true 4m is a bit cheeky, it’s not turn the fight down bad though imo.
didn't ortiz get like 500k for fighting wilder? 4 million to fight joshua seems all right to me.

sure, i'd love for ortiz to get 10M, but let's not pretend that 4M is some chump change.

Pretty much, although I don't think the opponent had much to do with it. Just as long as it wasn't someone terrible.

Ofcourse not! But Hearn in a business manner has to know the situation he’s in, ask to fight AJ on short notice a bag of execuses was expected unless the money was quick and sounded pretty.

That is until you remember Hearn IS Whyte's promoter

What seem clear is that Joshua or his handlers love presenting these "fake offers" to difficult opponents to make it seem he is willing to fight anyone. Presenting financially one sided offers is like me insulting mike tyson (or some tough guy) on his twitter to make me seem tough, when I have no intention of getting anywhere near him, many of the usual suspect joshua fans lapping it up as per usual

How do you explain $100m to wilder for 2 fights then? The most dangerous fighter for Joshua out there by a country mile! Lowball offer lol! His highest purse outside of the fury fight is a few million. He earned less against fury than he accepted against Joshua

Explain that and I’ll give the nonsense you’ve just posted some credence. You won’t though because it completely contradicts your post

Oh and Ortiz stated only 2 months ago he’d step in for miller for any money. Now he’s shit his pants. In all likelihood he got offered the same money as miller. Why haven’t Ortizs team told us how much he got offered and let Hearn respond? They don’t want the fight and this is their excuse! Maybe hes half way through a cycle and can’t take the fight?

didn't ortiz get like 500k for fighting wilder? 4 million to fight joshua seems all right to me.

sure, i'd love for ortiz to get 10M, but let's not pretend that 4M is some chump change.
How much $ do you think the fight between Ortiz/AJ generates?

How do you explain $100m to wilder for 2 fights then? The most dangerous fighter for Joshua out there by a country mile! Lowball offer lol! His highest purse outside of the fury fight is a few million. He earned less against fury than he accepted against Joshua

Explain that and I’ll give the nonsense you’ve just posted some credence. You won’t though because it completely contradicts your post

Oh and Ortiz stated only 2 months ago he’d step in for miller for any money. Now he’s shit his pants. In all likelihood he got offered the same money as miller. Why haven’t Ortizs team told us how much he got offered and let Hearn respond? They don’t want the fight and this is their excuse! Maybe hes half way through a cycle and can’t take the fight?
Hes either a retard or doesnt want it. Thats about it.

It’s definitely not chump change, it’s just a bit cheeky if it’s less than Miller imo.

It wouldn’t hurt Hearn to just basically give him Millers contract.

How much $ do you think the fight between Ortiz/AJ generates?
i have no clue, since it's on DAZN.

i do know ortiz made 500k against wilder, i would imagine that was his career high purse? i could be wrong here, but if it was, then this is literally 8x that.

he isn't undefeated anymore, he isn't holding a belt, and he's getting a shot at the #1 guy for a career high payday. what difference does it make what AJ makes here?

I’m reading it as it was 4 mill plus, but that Ortiz will recoup that money later on by not taking this initial aj fight.
They offered $5M.
Ortiz wants $10M.
They'll counter with $7M and Ortiz will accept.

i have no clue, since it's on DAZN.

i do know ortiz made 500k against wilder, i would imagine that was his career high purse? i could be wrong here, but if it was, then this is literally 8x that.

he isn't undefeated anymore, he isn't holding a belt, and he's getting a shot at the #1 guy for a career high payday. what difference does it make what AJ makes here?
Fair to say that a fight with AJ also generates 8x the fight with Wilder.

Purses have always and will always be relative to the draw of the fight.

Fair to say that a fight with AJ also generates 8x the fight with Wilder.

Purses have always and will always be relative to the draw of the fight.
all right, so you agree that the 4M offer isn't a low ball?

what does ortiz bring to the table that should give him 20 times his previous career high payday? he couldn't make anywhere near that kind of money while he was an undefeated world champion. now he's neither. i wouldn't exactly call him some huge star, it's not like people are filling out arenas to see luis ortiz fight some bum... and AJ might fill out a pretty big venue fighting the venue's janitor.

don't misunderstand me here. i want fighters to get paid what they're worth, and i do believe a good challenger should get a fair share of the revenue, regardless of his name recognition. but let's be real here. 4 million dollars isn't a low offer, especially not for someone in ortiz's position.

“After 5 days of BS we declined all of Hearn’s lowball offers and we are tired of his games. I know the magnitude of this fight. I wasn’t going to let Hearn bully me. Especially when I know they need Luis l. I mean who else could they really have to fight and that the public was willing to pay for?” Jorge Carmenate of Dade Promotions told BoxingScene.com.

“Listen, I like Joshua. I want him to continue to do good but I don’t see eye to eye with Hearn. He’s a cheat. I’m done with him. Hearn is a joke, go take advantage of some other fighter on short notice. I’m done with the games. My fighter is a top 3 heavyweight. Treat him like one.”

- via Boxingscene

Load of nonsense. There’s only one reason why the Ortiz fight isn’t happening.

Starts with V and ends in A.

Back