It just doesn't feel the same anymore guys...

TheToqueville

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rogan/ Goldberg

1 badass card a month, stacked from top to bottom, even the prelims

You were hyped all month for it, anticipation building day by day before fight night.

Every Hooters/ BWW packed with fight fans cheering with you. Half hour waits for a table, standing room only, by the time the main event came around.

Spider, Rampage, BJ, GSP, Chuck, Bisping, Rich Franklin, Hendo, Shogun, Bork, Big Nog etc

There was something magical about the spectacle back then, that just isn't there anymore.

Anyone remember those days?

source.gif

Last edited:
UFC never had stacked cards, you’re describing Pride and Bas Rutten/Mauro Ranello

Yeah. It’s over. It was good times though.

UFCs dying!!

Or we're getting collectively older and less enthusiastic with life and MMA..

<DCrying>

Rogan/ Goldberg

You were hyped all month for it, anticipation building day by day before fight night.

Every Hooters/ BWW packed with fight fans cheering with you

Spider, Rampage, BJ, GSP, Chuck, Bisping, Rich Franklin, Hendo, Shogun, Bork, Big Nog etc

There was something magical about the spectacle back then, that just isn't there anymore.

source.gif
Remember when Pride cards are months apart? It made events much more memorable.

I get you fam. For me the peak MMA days were 2006-2011.

These days there are multiple cards a month for the most part, I still enjoy watching don’t get me wrong but the cards don’t necessarily have that same vibe that they did back then to me, only some of these cards do that are more stacked. I really enjoyed the last PPV card though.

Stop romanticizing.

It’s as good as it’s ever been.

I can cook a meal, take a shit, and watch the mains.

Sounds good right!

But back in the day I would drink brew dying for each fight, then flip, pull an all nighter and watch pride.

Ps. Bellator is sad, One FC is promising, Rizin is... I’m not sure, but it isn’t Pride.

Rogan/ Goldberg

source.gif
I do miss the good ol days. Watered down cards filled with no-names and wmma are the norm now.

Sounds good right!

But back in the day I would drink brew dying for each fight, then flip, pull an all nighter and watch pride.

Ps. Bellator is sad, One FC is promising, Rizin is... I’m not sure, but it isn’t Pride.

Wise1 has it all wrong.

I think the main point is how saturated the UFC and mma has become as a whole.

Those day were great.

These days are great as well. Im enjoying a fight night every weekend. More time with my homies is always good.

These days there are multiple cards a month for the most part, I still enjoy watching don’t get me wrong but the cards don’t necessarily have that same vibe that they did back then to me, only some of these cards do that are more stacked. I really enjoyed the last PPV card though.

Same, in 2006 you could switch back and forth between UFC and PRIDE. Best time ever to be a fight fan IMO

That were pretty much the boom MMA period as well. 2011 was the last year and things started going down hill in popularity until the Rousey McGregor era came(but even then the individual cards were not as big).

Sounds good right!

Wise1 has it all wrong.

I think the main point is how saturated the UFC and mma has become as a whole.
Are you arguing with yourself? {<huh}

Rogan/ Goldberg

source.gif
It's the same. You just aren't as familiar with these current fighters. 10 years from now, you're gonna look back on this post and laugh.

{<jordan}

I remember when derpers in denial used to say shit like that. Of course it's not the same. But what can ya do? Watch the ones that interest you, but don't bother trying to watch everything or placing some kind of value on the imaginary title of "hardcore fan" (it gets you nothing that you can spend, eat, or hump).

Same, in 2006 you could switch back and forth between UFC and PRIDE. Best time ever to be a fight fan IMO

Plus that era had WEC and Strikeforce was fun for a minute. Great fights all around.

Back