Barr and Mueller's Two Testie-fy (SCO v. 34)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how we've all had access to searchable version fo the Mueller report for weeks, and so many of us are still acting as if there's nothing wrong with Trump at all, and everyone else is just against him, EVERYONE. This is pure abject credulity.
Bro. A prosecutor indicts or doesn't. No indictment, thus no obstruction. You know what, why even talk to Mueller? He's a shitty part time prosecutor with no balls and is a punter... Barr is the Attorney general of the United States.

370 registered Democrats is more like it.
Anyone who disagrees with that tweet believes Trump can't obstruct justice while he's president...period. Is that what you believe? What Mueller laid out was so flagrantly ridiculous on the obstruction front you have to be totally dishonest (Barr) or an idiot to not see it for what it was.

Democrats AND Republicans btw, signed on to that letter.

Why would Trump even offer an opinion that Mueller shouldn't testify? As if Mueller will follow his suggestion out of overflowing respect for him?
Mueller still works for the DOJ and the DOJ reports to Trump.

Barr has said prior that Mueller could testify so Trump is giving him cover now to deny it.

Mueller won't go rogue and go off the reservation while still with the DOJ. Barr had said earlier that Mueller could go testify and in fact Barr set the stage accidentally that Mueller HAD to go testify when he told congress he (Barr) could not answer certain questions but they should ask Mueller directly. You cannot say to congress "I the AG don't have that answer and you are free to bring in Mueller to get that answer' then turn around and say 'no, to interviewing Mueller' which would mean they (congress) have no means to get that answer. So again this is just a delay tactic and would lose in court. But Mueller may leave the DOJ imminently and when he does Congress would subpoena him and it would be up to him whether he then went or not, regardless of what Barr and Trump say.

You said: Mueller "will go on record saying he accepts Barr’s determination that no crime was committed, because that is what DOJ regulations require him to do" and "Regs require him to submit his report to the AG (not Congress) who then either accepts or rejects its recommendations."

And then you sent me on a wild goose chase to try to find what you say exists in the links you cited. So again, prove me wrong, quote and cite the links that supports your position, or drop it and you can get back to your usual "Mueller and his team are all criminals" territory.;)

I gave you 3 sections of DOJ regulations. The information is right there. I’m on a phone, so it’s a pain in the ass for me to flip back and forth selecting text on each page, and much easier to just paste the link. Just click the link and read the regulations. Mueller is a subordinate of the AG, he reports to Barr, and his report is presumptively confidential. That should be common knowledge by now.

I gave you 3 sections of DOJ regulations. The information is right there. I’m on a phone, so it’s a pain in the ass for me to flip back and forth selecting text on each page, and much easier to just paste the link. Just click the link and read the regulations. Mueller is a subordinate of the AG, he reports to Barr, and his report is presumptively confidential. That should be common knowledge by now.

It's okay, there is no rush, I will wait until you have the time to post a direct quote from your source material. That way there will be no misunderstands about what specifically you meant for me to read.

I asked this before of Polish:

What about the prosecutors who are NOT "FORMER"?

You know....

The ones who matter (and actually did the investigation)?
It's an impressive bipartisan list of people who know what the fuck they're talking about, and that's my observation.

It seems that liberals are unwilling to process that Barr testified that Meuller explicitly stated, it wasn’t because “the president can’t be charged” that he didn’t reach that conclusion.

Me thinks y’all are still desperately clinging to hope.

<{jackyeah}>

Yes yes, please do, it makes your tears that much sweeter.

It's okay, there is no rush, I will wait until you have the time to post a direct quote from your source material. That way there will be no misunderstands about what specifically you meant for me to read.

Okay, fine. Here you go:

§ 600.7 Conduct and accountability.
(a) A Special Counsel shall comply with the rules, regulations, procedures, practices and policies of the Department of Justice. He or she shall consult with appropriate offices within the Department for guidance with respect to established practices, policies and procedures of the Department, including ethics and security regulations and procedures. Should the Special Counsel conclude that the extraordinary circumstances of any particular decision would render compliance with required review and approval procedures by the designated Departmental component inappropriate, he or she may consult directly with the Attorney General.
. . .
(c) The Special Counsel and staff shall be subject to disciplinary action for misconduct and breach of ethical duties under the same standards and to the same extent as are other employees of the Department of Justice. Inquiries into such matters shall be handled through the appropriate office of the Department upon the approval of the Attorney General.

(d) The Special Counsel may be disciplined or removed from office only by the personal action of the Attorney General. The Attorney General may remove a Special Counsel for misconduct, dereliction of duty, incapacity, conflict of interest, or for other good cause, including violation of Departmental policies. The Attorney General shall inform the Special Counsel in writing of the specific reason for his or her removal.

§ 600.8 Notification and reports by the Special Counsel.
(a)Budget.
. . .
(2) . . . 90 days before the beginning of each fiscal year, the Special Counsel shall report to the Attorney General the status of the investigation, and provide a budget request for the following year. The Attorney General shall determine whether the investigation should continue and, if so, establish the budget for the next year.

(b)Notification of significant events. The Special Counsel shall notify the Attorney General of events in the course of his or her investigation in conformity with the Departmental guidelines with respect to Urgent Reports.

(c)Closing documentation. At the conclusion of the Special Counsel's work, he or she shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel.

§ 600.9 Notification and reports by the Attorney General.
(a) The Attorney General will notify the Chairman and Ranking Minority Member of the Judiciary Committees of each House of Congress, with an explanation . . .
. . .
(3) Upon conclusion of the Special Counsels investigation, including, to the extent consistent with applicable law, a description and explanation of instances (if any) in which the Attorney General concluded that a proposed action by a Special Counsel was so inappropriate or unwarranted under established Departmental practices that it should not be pursued.
. . .
(c) The Attorney General may determine that public release of these reports would be in the public interest, to the extent that release would comply with applicable legal restrictions. All other releases of information by any Department of Justice employee, including the Special Counsel and staff, concerning matters handled by Special Counsels shall be governed by the generally applicable Departmental guidelines concerning public comment with respect to any criminal investigation, and relevant law.

Read the quoted portions, especially the parts in yellow. What you will see is that (a) Mueller is a subordinate of Barr, and is bound by all rules and laws applicable to DOJ employees (b) Mueller reports directly to Barr, not congress (c) Barr has the option of accepting or rejecting Mueller's findings, (d) Barr is required only to notify Congress of the investigation's conclusion, and whether he rejected any of Mueller's prosecutorial decisions, and is not obligated to provide Mueller's entire report.

If Mueller decides to go rogue and step out of line, he will have violated the law, DOJ regulations, and his ethical obligations as an attorney. Don't hold your breath for any bombshells from Robert Mueller.

It's an impressive bipartisan list of people who know what the fuck they're talking about, and that's my observation.

So the persons that actually did the investigation don't count.

Only Armchair-Prosecutors. Got it. <{MingNope}>

It seems that liberals are unwilling to process that Barr testified that Meuller explicitly stated, it wasn’t because “the president can’t be charged” that he didn’t reach that conclusion.

Me thinks y’all are still desperately clinging to hope.

<{jackyeah}>

Yes yes, please do, it makes your tears that much sweeter.

Not only that, he said that he asked Mueller THREE TIMES to reiterate this, which he did.

Okay, fine. Here you go:

Read the quoted portions, especially the parts in yellow. What you will see is that (a) Mueller is a subordinate of Barr, and is bound by all rules and laws applicable to DOJ employees (b) Mueller reports directly to Barr, not congress (c) Barr has the option of accepting or rejecting Mueller's findings, (d) Barr is required only to notify Congress of the investigation's conclusion, and whether he rejected any of Mueller's prosecutorial decisions, and is not obligated to provide Mueller's entire report.

If Mueller decides to go rogue and step out of line, he will have violated the law, DOJ regulations, and his ethical obligations as an attorney. Don't hold your breath for any bombshells from Robert Mueller.

Cake just got his "cake" shoved up his ass.

Okay, fine. Here you go:

What you highlighted did not support your points, which is why you tried to bury that in highlighting things unrelated to our conversation (I of course never said that Mueller reports to congress, nice try at another straw man). Now if you would like, you can address the specifics of our debate on the following points with what you highlighted.

1. That it was up to Barr to make the determination
2. That Mueller is "required" to accept Barr's determination.
2. That Barr could have gone against OLC guidelines to indict a sitting POTUS if the evidence was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back