"I Would Beat Khabib" Says Two-Time Olympic Gold Medalist

Kayla-Harrison-by-the-IJF-2.jpg

Could two-time Olympic gold medalist Kayla Harrison be hyping herself as the next Ronda Rousey?

Well, it certainly looks that way.

In a recent interview with TMZ Sports Harrison, a world-class judoka who made her transition to mixed martial arts in 2018, said she would beat undefeated UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov (a sambo practitioner) in a Judo match.

“Am I gonna beat Khabib? I mean I think I would beat him in a Judo match. For sure, 100 percent. I would beat Khabib,” she said.

Ronda Rousey, a former judoka who won bronze in the 2008 Olympics, also spoke about facing several male fighters (including former UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez) until she lost her bantamweight title to betting underdog Holly Holm at UFC 193. With that said, there’s no denying that Rousey left her mark in MMA as one of the greatest UFC champions of all time.

As for Harrison, she has a long way to go before she reaches Ronda Rousey levels of notoriety but the 28-year-old has made a strong first impression, finishing all three of her bouts under the PFL banner by way of TKO or submission.

Harrison is expected to face Larissa Pacheco in the opening round of PFL’s million dollar eight-woman lightweight tournament, which kicks off tomorrow night, May 9 in New York.

--bloodyelbow.com

There are a lot of ways to be automatically disqualified in judo (even just touching an opponent's leg is an automatic loss).

She has a good chance of him doing something like that and losing by penalties. She'd never throw him, and he'd easily throw her, but I could see him being disqualified simply from not knowing the rules.

Waiting for Khabib to say "send location"

I'm not big on judo, but I'm pretty sure there's gender and weight classes there too. For good reason

She's close in weight to Khabib and specified she could beat him in Judo.

Rousey fought at 135 and claimed she could possibly beat the HW champ in MMA.

Khabib is like 20 lbs heavier than she is, and a man who has been doing judo himself for a long time.

Stop.

There are a lot of ways to be automatically disqualified in judo (even just touching an opponent's leg is an automatic loss).

She has a good chance of him doing something like that and losing by penalties. She'd never throw him, and he'd easily throw her, but I could see him being disqualified simply from not knowing the rules.
Isn't he a "master of sport" in judo? Whatever that means

Edit the title of the thread, she said in a judo match.

But Khabib is a master of sport and black belt in judo as a 190 pound insanely strong for his size man with skills in other grappling arts. He'd ragdoll her in a judo match too.

Isn't he a "master of sport" in judo? Whatever that means

It means he's extremely good at at least one sport (wrestling or sambo). In terms of grappling ability, he'd easily rag doll Kayla. But like I said, its easy to get disqualified in judo for an illegal grip or touching a leg etc. There's no way she's throwing him or doing anything to him on the ground, but she's probably good enough to get him to automatically touch her leg, giving him an instant DQ.

Edit the title of the thread, she said in a judo match.

But Khabib is a master of sport and black belt in judo as a 190 pound insanely strong for his size man with skills in other grappling arts. He'd ragdoll her in a judo match too.

Is he a judo black belt? If so, she has no chance (her only chance would be him disqualifying himself with some illegal grip etc) -- in fact she'd never make it out of the first 30 seconds. She might not know he's familiar with the judo rules.

khabib would change her face, little bit wrestle, little bit make her tired

Well, if she's around Khabib's weight and is some world class Judoka and Khabib isn't, then I suppose it's possible.

This is very different to Ronda saying she could Cain though.

Kayla better go home and finish her husband then go make Khabib a sandwich.

This is the problem with modern women and the media...they think wonder woman movies are real...they think they really can beat up men. haha sorry to burst her bubble, but khabib would absolutely demolish in under 30 seconds...I think basic knowledge of the differences between men and women has been lost, in favor of feminism and thinking they are physically equal to men...even though they are so far from equal, it's comical....

Is he a judo black belt? If so, she has no chance (her only chance would be him disqualifying himself with some illegal grip etc) -- in fact she'd never make it out of the first 30 seconds. She might not know he's familiar with the judo rules.
There's been conflicting reports on it, looks like he's a black belt judging from this pic. Belt colors don't mean much in Judo though, he's a master of sport in Judo and Sambo (super similar to Judo) which is the highest rank you could be in Russia and former Soviet countries. He'd ragdoll her. papier-3.jpg

I doubt she believes it but it's a smart thing to say because it will get her attention and make her more marketable.

Khabib said that with a gi,ronda might beat him in judo. He said hed leave his gi at home if they rolled.

This thread got me wondering how difficult it would be to beat a judoka at judo if you are an other type of wrestler. And how much muscle/bone mass and body weight then actually matter.

Since judo is such a specific game with peculiar rules that probably take long to master

Any judoka's here?

Khabib said that with a gi,ronda might beat him in judo. He said hed leave his gi at home if they rolled.
That's him being humble. He'd probably ragdoll every female Judoka on earth in a judo match.

Back