• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Star Trek Thread, V5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the first Star Trek episode I saw was probably Unification, which was released in Germany in 1994, so I was likely 9 or 10 at the time. A year later I was already all-in. There was a time when after school, I would to my homework and then watch TOS at 2 pm, TNG at 3 pm and DS9 at 4 pm. Also, VOY on Friday nights.
Yeah were about the same age. I think I first started watching in 1992.

I don't understand why they didn't just make the Tom Paris character in Voyager the same as the character that same actor played in the above episode of TNG.
They would have had to give the guy who wrote the episode, a created by credit on Voyager and would have had to pay him for years to come. If you get a created by title, you will be making money on that series for decades to come. It all has to do with producer credits and money. One of the trek fan sites did an article on that a few years ago, that broke down what they would've had to pay that guy, and it was crazy. Kinda like Bryan Fuller and DSC, he's never going to be involved in the show again, but as a creator, he will get paid on anything Discovery.

Just saw the DS9 episode Trials and Tribble-ations. The best one yet. The humor was really on point
I loved how they interacted within the original episode.

It was also one of the most expensive episodes of DS9, having rebuilt those TOS sets.

Yeah, I decided to go back and watch Star Trek II, III and IV. Good movies. Never seen them actually.
Skip 5, but watch 6. The undiscovered country is great. Those TOS movies have actually aged pretty well and serves as a good lesson for future Trek films. You just need a great story and a likable cast. ST 2, 3, 4 were all cash cows for Paramount.

Looks like Apple is really serious about their streaming service. There is an alternative reality sci fi drama by Ron D Moore for which there already is a trailer, and last time I checked they worked on Foundation.

Looks like Apple is really serious about their streaming service. There is an alternative reality sci fi drama by Ron D Moore for which there already is a trailer, and last time I checked they worked on Foundation.
Is there a reason you guys keep dumping completely unrelated news in this Discovery thread?

Is there a reason you guys keep dumping completely unrelated news in this Discovery thread?

You asked, you get an answer. Frankly, this has always been the Star Trek thread, as evidenced by the fact that this is v5 already (check the previous threads). We also discuss comic books, novels, TNG, DS9, etc. here.

My post is related to Ronald D. Moore, and is therefore evidently on-topic. (Ok, the Foundation bit is a stray discussion, but you get my point.)

The creation of a separate thread for the Picard series follows the Mayberry TV show logic, but it destroys the coherence of discussion in this thread and I don't like it tbh.

You asked, you get an answer. Frankly, this has always been the Star Trek thread, as evidenced by the fact that this is v5 already (check the previous threads). We also discuss comic books, novels, TNG, DS9, etc. here.

My post is related to Ronald D. Moore, and is therefore evidently on-topic.

The creation of a separate thread for the Picard series follows the Mayberry TV show logic, but it destroys the coherence of discussion in this thread and I don't like it tbh.
Your post has nothing to do with Star Trek. Ronald D. Moore's career is bigger than Star Trek. That new series is on Apple Streaming, not CBS All Access, and it's about astronauts, not Star Trek. Do you think it appropriate to post Battlestar Galactica news here?

Nevertheless, your point about thread versions is made. I will remove "Discovery" from the title, as it is too specific and confusing, with all the posts I labored to move to the Picard thread, and I will merge future Picard discussion to these megathreads.

Your post has nothing to do with Star Trek. Ronald D. Moore's career is bigger than Star Trek. That new series is on Apple Streaming, not CBS All Access, and it's about astronauts, not Star Trek. Do you think it appropriate to post Battlestar Galactica news here?

Please see my edit and (minor) concession. To answer your question, yes, if there is a relation to Star Trek, I don't see why not. If e.g. a Star Trek actor has a cameo in BSG, that's relevant news for this thread (imo). Your point is generally taken, though, but if it served to trigger this discussion, it was worth it still from my pov ;)

Nevertheless, your point about thread versions is made. I will remove "Discovery" from the title, as it is too specific and confusing, with all the posts I labored to move to the Picard thread, and I will merge future Picard discussion to these megathreads.

You mean you will move the Picard thread back here?

Please see my edit and (minor) concession. To answer your question, yes, if there is a relation to Star Trek, I don't see why not. If e.g. a Star Trek actor has a cameo in BSG, that's relevant news for this thread (imo). Your point is generally taken, though, but if it served to trigger this discussion, it was worth it still from my pov ;)

You mean you will move the Picard thread back here?
I can, but this one is already at 953 posts, so if I merge it back, here, the next version will just have to be started.

This is the Star thread. We have just updated the title with each version of the thread, highlighting relevant news. This was never intended to a Discovery only thread.

I can, but this one is already at 953 posts, so if I merge it back, here, the next version will just have to be started.
Madmick, I apologize for you having to move all my recent Picard posts, I didn't intended to try and sway discussion away from that thread, we've just always talked everything trek in this thread the past few years. It was easier for me to search for posts under my name, rather then searching under keywords. I saw your PMs, but for whatever reason it didn't show your name, so I couldn't respond.

Also doesn't help I'm working in rural Alaska until Oct, and only have access to a 1mb Dsl connection, a few hours a day, and sherdog is very slow to load on my connection.

I have the next all access series ready to pitch

A man called Sisko : Prohet for hire

-1386562123303033886.jpg

I hope the payday is yuge
Hopefully. I do love it up here, but will be ready for civilization after a few months out here. Although I did almost crash my truck today, trying to avoid a 350lb Bear, still prefer that over sitting in traffic for hours!

Oh God, the worst

Utterly hate her... Which is why she's such a great character. There aren't many villains on TV that you just utterly hate - a true heel that nobody finds any reason to like. She's one of them, and she nails that role. Every other villain in the show is actually pretty likable - except for her. She may be Joffrey's real mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back